Good Morning Football part 19749076

GeorgeM37

Not sure how many of you watch this but I always tune in after a game to see what is said about the team and what they will point out. The VERY first thing said was (unbeknownest to me) our beloved DC actually went up to the monster named DK Metcalf and told him "I was there in detroit when Megatron. You are not there yet"....and Metcalf told him he wasn't trying to be, he was trying to be himself. Why Schwartz?? WHY would you poke the bear like that??? He said in the interview that anytime he goes to philly he wants to remind them what they could have drafted and make them pay....his exact words and he even laughed about it. He said he was playing with a chip on his shoulder the entire game and boy  did it show. 177 yards on offense for him and they even showed a clip of him LAST year when the hawks knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs and how Metcalf waved at the crowd when the game was decided. He accounted for 160 yards in that game also.

Does JJAW even dress anymore?? THIS is what happens when you are trying to be smarter than everybody else in the room. If ever there were a time I wanted howie out of here it would be now. I know, I know....with wentz continuing to regress every game ,alot of people say that there wouldn't be better results but I say we don't know that. Metcalf has shown every single game he can get separation.

The panel even pointed out also how "weird" it was that Hurts was put in for one play, completed a pass, and was taken right out. It is making me wonder if Doug is doing these things to get fired or something because at this point, NOTHING he does makes sense. Wentz had more rushing yards than Sanders so how many running plays were executed?? The other thing I noticed is that the announcers from last night said wentz gives them the best chance to win. HOW do we know that??? We most certainly know that Hurts can't be worse and one of them said people want change for change's sake but nothing is around him, receivers cant get separation, etc.....so the excuses continue because I am buying none of it anymore. Yes, the O-Line is a mess but wentz could also get the ball out quicker. Yes, at times the receivers cant get separation so you take what the defense gives you. You all get my drift.....

I hate howie...its on the edge of true loathing for that man

Time's yours.....

31 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

The VERY first thing said was (unbeknownest to me) our beloved DC actually went up to the monster named DK Metcalf and told him "I was there in detroit when Megatron. You are not there yet"....and Metcalf told him he wasn't trying to be, he was trying to be himself

I don't think think about the poking the bear thing to be honest. I mean Metcalf is a top WR anyway. The fact we passed on him may give him a little extra incentive but 32 teams passed on him once and a lot of other teams passed on him twice. 

But just why say that at all? Whether it made any difference to Metcalf or not you just look stupid for saying it. There's no need at all to say that. It doesn't do anybody, any good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think think about the poking the bear thing to be honest. I mean Metcalf is a top WR anyway. The fact we passed on him may give him a little extra incentive but 32 teams passed on him once and a lot of other teams passed on him twice. 

But just why say that at all? Whether it made any difference to Metcalf or not you just look stupid for saying it. There's no need at all to say that. It doesn't do anybody, any good. 

While I tend to agree with you...Metcalf himself said he had a chip on his shoulder the entire game. He WANTED to make them pay for two reasons....gym shorts saying that to him and showing the Eagles why they shouldn't have passed on him. I just think it was idiotic overall.....

Well we only have to watch him make us pay for 13 more seasons. His hall of fame career should slow down a bit after that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

While I tend to agree with you...Metcalf himself said he had a chip on his shoulder the entire game. He WANTED to make them pay for two reasons....gym shorts saying that to him and showing the Eagles why they shouldn't have passed on him. I just think it was idiotic overall.....

I must have missed those comments about wanting to show Schwartz. I saw the comments about him wanting to show us what we could have had etc. But yeah bottom line Schwartz was an idiot for saying that. Be respectful, let the players trash talk each other.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I must have missed those comments about wanting to show Schwartz. I saw the comments about him wanting to show us what we could have had etc. But yeah bottom line Schwartz was an idiot for saying that. Be respectful, let the players trash talk each other.

I am not going to assume you get that morning show but thats what it was on: Good Morning Football...with Nate Burleson, Kay Adams and those other two guys...but thats what Nate said....that saying anything to him wasn't the best choice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Not sure how many of you watch this but I always tune in after a game to see what is said about the team and what they will point out. The VERY first thing said was (unbeknownest to me) our beloved DC actually went up to the monster named DK Metcalf and told him "I was there in detroit when Megatron. You are not there yet"....and Metcalf told him he wasn't trying to be, he was trying to be himself. Why Schwartz?? WHY would you poke the bear like that??? He said in the interview that anytime he goes to philly he wants to remind them what they could have drafted and make them pay....his exact words and he even laughed about it. He said he was playing with a chip on his shoulder the entire game and boy  did it show. 177 yards on offense for him and they even showed a clip of him LAST year when the hawks knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs and how Metcalf waved at the crowd when the game was decided. He accounted for 160 yards in that game also.

Does JJAW even dress anymore?? THIS is what happens when you are trying to be smarter than everybody else in the room. If ever there were a time I wanted howie out of here it would be now. I know, I know....with wentz continuing to regress every game ,alot of people say that there wouldn't be better results but I say we don't know that. Metcalf has shown every single game he can get separation.

The panel even pointed out also how "weird" it was that Hurts was put in for one play, completed a pass, and was taken right out. It is making me wonder if Doug is doing these things to get fired or something because at this point, NOTHING he does makes sense. Wentz had more rushing yards than Sanders so how many running plays were executed?? The other thing I noticed is that the announcers from last night said wentz gives them the best chance to win. HOW do we know that??? We most certainly know that Hurts can't be worse and one of them said people want change for change's sake but nothing is around him, receivers cant get separation, etc.....so the excuses continue because I am buying none of it anymore. Yes, the O-Line is a mess but wentz could also get the ball out quicker. Yes, at times the receivers cant get separation so you take what the defense gives you. You all get my drift.....

Time's yours.....

I do think Doug wants out.  We have little young talent.  We're 69 mil over the cap next year before we roll over around 24 mil from this year.  So we're about 45 mil over.  We can't trade Cox or Johnson or BG even if we wanted.  We'll cut Jeffrey and Jackson but both come with cap hits.  Peters is shown the door, Kelce probably retires as he sees how bad we will be next year.  We don't have 10 mil to pay Barnett so he walks.  We can dump the 3rd DT but huge cap hit follows.  We have a team that will have to dump a bunch of semi productive vets due to cap concerns and a GM who can't draft at all.  As bad as we are now, it may be worse next year.  Doug sees this.  The owner and GM won't let him pick his own staff, he also can't pick who is active game day day as he's told who to play.  He would get multiple offers if fired and we're looking at 3-13, 4-12 again next year.  5-11 would be great with the roster we'll have.  No future here for him.  Time to move on before another crappy season dulls his resume and job prospects...so yes...Doug want to get fired.  For sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I am not going to assume you get that morning show but thats what it was on: Good Morning Football...with Nate Burleson, Kay Adams and those other two guys...but thats what Nate said....that saying anything to him wasn't the best choice

I love Good morning football. I don't tend to watch every day due to work commitments but I try to watch as much as possible. We get it on Sky Sports at midday every day but also I have game pass.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I love Good morning football. I don't tend to watch every day due to work commitments but I try to watch as much as possible. We get it on Sky Sports at midday every day but also I have game pass.

Ahhhh ok, yes its my favorite sports show and I pretty much wake up to it every day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Ahhhh ok, yes its my favorite sports show and I pretty much wake up to it every day. 

I wish I woke up to it. I wish I lived in the States. 

• Like 1

If I had a dollar everytime someone mentions we passed on Metcalf for JJAW.......

Give it a rest guys.  We know.  It's done and over with.

2 hours ago, weko said:

I do think Doug wants out.  We have little young talent.  We're 69 mil over the cap next year before we roll over around 24 mil from this year.  So we're about 45 mil over.  We can't trade Cox or Johnson or BG even if we wanted.  We'll cut Jeffrey and Jackson but both come with cap hits.  Peters is shown the door, Kelce probably retires as he sees how bad we will be next year.  We don't have 10 mil to pay Barnett so he walks.  We can dump the 3rd DT but huge cap hit follows.  We have a team that will have to dump a bunch of semi productive vets due to cap concerns and a GM who can't draft at all.  As bad as we are now, it may be worse next year.  Doug sees this.  The owner and GM won't let him pick his own staff, he also can't pick who is active game day day as he's told who to play.  He would get multiple offers if fired and we're looking at 3-13, 4-12 again next year.  5-11 would be great with the roster we'll have.  No future here for him.  Time to move on before another crappy season dulls his resume and job prospects...so yes...Doug want to get fired.  For sure.

Where is this thing of Doug wanting out coming from? I guess I missed an article or something cause I've read several people claiming this. 

4 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Time's yours.....

even the Seahawks passed on him

twice

1 hour ago, beto_eagles said:

Where is this thing of Doug wanting out coming from? I guess I missed an article or something cause I've read several people claiming this. 

Just my opinion.  It's a really bad situation here.  Cap wise. No young talent and none coming as Howie can't draft a lick.  Better older players in decline.  Doug can't hire his own assistants, is dictated to by Jeff/Howie on who plays.  He would have multiple job offers if he were available.  We're looking at 3-13, 4-14, maybe 5-11 at best next year.  That would significantly sully his resume and job prospects, another horrible year.  That and i look at him and I see a guy who doesn't want to be here.  I don't blame him.  How many coaches would?  The offensive assistants, hand picked by Jeff/Howie have been a disaster.  The scheme is terrible, as is the play design.  The WRs are talentless and can't run routes/separate.  The O line is a disaster.  Anyone in this situation has to consider bailing and starting fresh somewhere else.  Jeff & Howie have created a horrible environment. All players and coaches in the league talk to each other.  Word gets around very quickly.  If Howie is allowing to remain I don't see anyone good wanting to coach here.  He's radioactive.  Jeff has to blow it up and start over

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Not sure this seems legit. 

Schwartz said it but there's difference of opinions on whether it was a compliment or a sly remark

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Schwartz said it but there's difference of opinions on whether it was a compliment or a sly remark

I can certainly see the argument for that. I mean Megatron was in the league a few years longer and did it year in and year out. Metcalf is still young and so needs to continue to produce at this level. But right now I mean Metcalf could go on to be an even better player than Megatron.

37 minutes ago, weko said:

Just my opinion.  It's a really bad situation here.  Cap wise. No young talent and none coming as Howie can't draft a lick.  Better older players in decline.  Doug can't hire his own assistants, is dictated to by Jeff/Howie on who plays.  He would have multiple job offers if he were available.  We're looking at 3-13, 4-14, maybe 5-11 at best next year.  That would significantly sully his resume and job prospects, another horrible year.  That and i look at him and I see a guy who doesn't want to be here.  I don't blame him.  How many coaches would?  The offensive assistants, hand picked by Jeff/Howie have been a disaster.  The scheme is terrible, as is the play design.  The WRs are talentless and can't run routes/separate.  The O line is a disaster.  Anyone in this situation has to consider bailing and starting fresh somewhere else.  Jeff & Howie have created a horrible environment. All players and coaches in the league talk to each other.  Word gets around very quickly.  If Howie is allowing to remain I don't see anyone good wanting to coach here.  He's radioactive.  Jeff has to blow it up and start over

Those are all rumors then, I don't they're true. Lurie has always been an excellent owner who doesn't meddle and if he had a say I think Wentz would have been benched immediately or at least after the first 3-4 drives yesterday. And I think there's evidence that Doug was allowed to hire his own assistants, otherwise Taylor wouldn't have been promoted IMO. 

About who plays, it's obviously Doug's decision as well. I just think that one of his best traits (loyalty) is backfiring this season. He doesn't want to bench Wentz because of this loyalty. Same with Peters and Jeffery. And I love how he has their backs, that's why his players fight for him, but this is actually affecting the team and maybe even Carson right now. 

I trust that Doug will learn from this season, because if it was up to me I'd keep Doug over Carson and/or Howie. As you say, he'd find a job in 2 seconds.