If the Jets fired Adam Gase AND the Eagles fired Doug..........

Wallyhorse

If the Jets fired Adam Gase AND the Eagles fired Doug after this season.........  

8 members have voted

1. 1. .....would you want Doug to take over the Jets as Head Coach?

• Yes
    • No

I could see Woody Johnson make such a move if Doug became available, hoping to replicate the success Andy has had in KC after leaving here.  

I suspect either Sam Darnold (if they keep him) or Trevor Lawrence would be great under Doug if the Eagles decided to cut ties and he went up the turnpike to The Meadowlands. 

I honestly don’t have that much interest in the Jets head coach to care lol. 

• Like 5

I'd hope Doug gets another crack at being a HC in the NFL yes. He's done a really job good in Philly despite how it may end. 

That said, he can do better than the Jets.

• Like 1

I wouldn't wish the Jets head coach on Doug.  They don't need Doug, the need a miracle.

Realistically, do you think a new head coach would be forced to try to 'fix' Darnold?  Would he have the option to dump Darnold and instead go with a new QB (Trevor Lawrence?)  

I wouldn't care. If the Eagles fire DP, he's dead to me. But if the Jets hired him, it would remind me of a guy named Kotite...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, toolg said:

I wouldn't care. If the Eagles fire DP, he's dead to me. But if the Jets hired him, it would remind me of a guy named Kotite...

There would be one big difference between Pederson and Kotite...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I wouldn't wish the Jets head coach on Doug.  They don't need Doug, the need a miracle.

Realistically, do you think a new head coach would be forced to try to 'fix' Darnold?  Would he have the option to dump Darnold and instead go with a new QB (Trevor Lawrence?)  

Doug in that scenario would be reunited with Joe Douglas and away from Howie.  The Jets may want Trevor Lawrence badly enough because he would be on a rookie deal a lot longer.  

Maybe a three-way deal with the Colts where Wentz is reunited with Frank Reich in Indy while Sam Darnold came here? Philip Rivers is on a one-year deal with the Colts and could very well retire after this season.  I could see:

Colts get Carson Wentz from the Eagles

Jets get first-round pick from the Colts

Eagles get Sam Darnold and a third-round pick from the Jets and a sixth from the Colts

Wentz and Darnold might very well both need a change of scenery. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Doug in that scenario would be reunited with Joe Douglas and away from Howie.  The Jets may want Trevor Lawrence badly enough because he would be on a rookie deal a lot longer.  

Maybe a three-way deal with the Colts where Wentz is reunited with Frank Reich in Indy while Sam Darnold came here? Philip Rivers is on a one-year deal with the Colts and could very well retire after this season.  I could see:

Eagles get Sam Darnold and a third-round pick from the Jets and a sixth from the Colts

As rare as 3 way trades are in the NFL compared to the NBA, the logic is sound behind this one.

Both Wentz and Darnold have had been put in poor situations by their teams recently, and while the change in scenery technically puts them in poor situations, they are in a new place and can start from scratch. Worst case scenario, both flop in their new situations and both teams move on.

The Jets would be lucky to land a 1st round pick from anyone for Darnold as his trade value will plummet when they secure the No. 1 overall pick, just like Josh Rosen's once it became obvious that the Cardinals were going to take Kyler Murray last year. I guess they are technically moving a 3rd and Darnold to get that 1st though so it's not quite the same.

2 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

As rare as 3 way trades are in the NFL compared to the NBA, the logic is sound behind this one.

Both Wentz and Darnold have had been put in poor situations by their teams recently, and while the change in scenery technically puts them in poor situations, they are in a new place and can start from scratch. Worst case scenario, both flop in their new situations and both teams move on.

The Jets would be lucky to land a 1st round pick from anyone for Darnold as his trade value will plummet when they secure the No. 1 overall pick, just like Josh Rosen's once it became obvious that the Cardinals were going to take Kyler Murray last year. I guess they are technically moving a 3rd and Darnold to get that 1st though so it's not quite the same.

Keep in mind the first round pick from Indy likely would be a late first-rounder in this scenario while the third rounder the Eagles would get in this scenario would be the FIRST pick of Round 3, #65 overall.  That would make it likely a good deal all the way around. 

Just now, Wallyhorse said:

Keep in mind the first round pick from Indy likely would be a late first-rounder in this scenario while the third rounder the Eagles would get in this scenario would be the FIRST pick of Round 3, #65 overall.  That would make it likely a good deal all the way around. 

True, although I guess expectations on Darnold should be tempered. I think the value of this trade is the Eagles clearing the cap space and acquiring picks rather than Darnold being a big upgrade over Wentz.

Darnold's best is nowhere near Wentz's best so far, although he showed some promise in Year 2 so maybe all is not lost.

Wentz:

619592143_ScreenShot2020-12-03at10_39_16PM.png.0c6b29522a8ef905b99b5b2d3f6bce21.png

Darnold:

750625298_ScreenShot2020-12-03at10_39_32PM.png.7a5c7add54bc4896c5399f3ae65a3a53.png

I just wouldn't want him to go to Dallass. They have all the talent in the world but can't bring everyone together. Doug knows how to unite people, it's his one skill set. As long as we aren't hiring Gase I don't care what happens with the jets or their former coaches. 

10 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Might need some tweaking, but this makes a lot of sense.  Eagles might have to kick in another pick, maybe a 3?    

Eagles get a team to take on Carson's enormous contract.  Darnold gets a change of scenery, and we get him on a 1-2 year look. 

Jets get a 1st round pick in exchange for Darnold and a 3rd. They draft Trevor Lawrence

Colts get Wentz and a 3rd from the Eagles for a 1st (to the Jets) 

On 12/3/2020 at 12:14 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd hope Doug gets another crack at being a HC in the NFL yes. He's done a really job good in Philly despite how it may end. 

Disagree. I think he's better as an OC. This season has shown me that he gets overwhelmed by the administrative parts of being a HC, i.e., dealing with the FO, and that in turn affects his performance on Sundays. You can't separate that from the other coaching duties such as gameplanning and playcalling. He reminds me of Schwatz in that way. Jim can be a good to great playcaller at times, but he does not have the personality, smarts or temperment to be a HC. I feel much the same way about Doug.

11 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Disagree. I think he's better as an OC. This season has shown me that he gets overwhelmed by the administrative parts of being a HC, i.e., dealing with the FO, and that in turn affects his performance on Sundays. You can't separate that from the other coaching duties such as gameplanning and playcalling. He reminds me of Schwatz in that way. Jim can be a good to great playcaller at times, but he does not have the personality, smarts or temperment to be a HC. I feel much the same way about Doug.

An OC? His offense is horrible. His play calling also may be horrible. What this guy is good at is getting guys to fight and battle. He's not an OC.

I dunno. I kinda feel like Doug would get another HC job fairly quickly. Not too many free agent HCs out there with a Super Bowl win on his resume.

What job though? Not sure. Jets? Atlanta? Detroit? LA Chargers, if it opens up? Denver, if it opens up? Probably one or two more as well. 

16 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I'm not sure why any Eagles fans would care where Pederson goes if he's fired.

I know I won't, I didn't give a crap where Reid went or Foles for that matter

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 2:14 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Like how much better?  The Lions?