Carson Wentz Has Taken Ownership of His Poor Play, Eagles' Brandon Graham Says

Road to Victory

Carson Wentz Has Taken Ownership of His Poor Play, Eagles' Brandon Graham Says

TIMOTHY RAPP DECEMBER 4, 2020

Carson Wentz has been bad for the Philadelphia Eagles this season, playing a major role in the team's disappointing 3-7-1 record. 

And defensive end Brandon Graham told reporters on Friday that Wentz held himself accountable during a team meeting this week:

"The first step is admitting where you're bad at, and that's what I love that Carson did. When we talked to the team, he knew he had to own some of the stuff that he's been doing, and he let us know that he's working his butt off to make sure that he starts doing a lot of stuff better. And that's all people want to hear is for you to take ownership of yours and we can move on. That's how you build relationships: taking ownership of what you do."

On 12/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, PoconoDon said:

How could he not?

The team wants a pat on the back for admitting what everyone sees.  Wentz owns his mistakes, Doug says it's on him and that Carson "understands" that he can't make those mistakes, the team reminds us they believe in each other...

...3 wins in December.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The team wants a pat on the back for admitting what everyone sees.  Wentz owns his mistakes, Doug says it's on him and that Carson "understands" that he can't make those mistakes, the team reminds us they believe in each other...

...3 wins in December.

It's sad. It also smells of Howie Roseman. He is an agent of chaos hell bent on serving himself alone. I've reached a state of indifference towards the team and it won't change until that slimy little trouble maker is gone from the franchise. 

Next year is going to be worse...1 or 2 wins at best.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 6:21 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Has he? Wish he could be more honest with the fans then!

Why would he? Would that make him or the team better? 

On 12/5/2020 at 4:21 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Has he? Wish he could be more honest with the fans then!

Personally I couldn't care less what he or any of the others say to the fans.  I judge by results ...  not words.  You want to take ownership of your mistakes/weaknesses, show me on the field.  :-)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Personally I couldn't care less what he or any of the others say to the fans.  I judge by results ...  not words.  You want to take ownership of your mistakes/weaknesses, show me on the field.  :-)

Well there's that too. If he was letting his actions talk positively then I'm all for it but we know he isn't. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well there's that too. If he was letting his actions talk positively then I'm all for it but we know he isn't. 

Exactly, rendering the words meaningless.  

• Like 1