What to watch for on Sunday - Telegraphing plays

kentwo

The way the offense has been all year it's almost as if the defense knows what's coming🤔

Opposing defenses probably know the Eagles offense better than the Eagles do.

• Like 2

You'd think Stoutland would have taught these guys to not telegraph their stances to the D whether it's run or pass.  Which Tra is basically pointing out in the video that we're giving away what our play is. 

Yup, we have the worst, most unimaginative, vanilla, stale cracker, mundane O in the League.  This is more coaching than the players.  Fans should just bombard the Eagles social media with stuff like this.  Maybe Lurie will see it and wake the F up.  Also send him tape of the MNF colour analysts ripping Howie to shreds.  That was cool.

• Like 1

As a defender, guessing the Eagles are going to pass on any given play is almost sure to be right.  If I can figure that out, the Eagle's opponents certainly can.

I just saw this stat from Roob:

10. The Eagles have gone seven straight games without more than 26 rushing attempts. That ties the longest streak in franchise history. They have the 2nd-fewest rushing attempts in the NFL during that span (148). During the same seven-game period, they lead the NFL with 5.6 yards per carry.

I know stats aren't the whole story, but how on Earth can't Pederson understand you can't have a predictable, one dimensional offense and sustain any kind of success?   Especially when your QB is struggling and your running game works. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

As a defender, guessing the Eagles are going to pass on any given play is almost sure to be right.  If I can figure that out, the Eagle's opponents certainly can.

10. The Eagles have gone seven straight games without more than 26 rushing attempts. That ties the longest streak in franchise history. They have the 2nd-fewest rushing attempts in the NFL during that span (148). During the same seven-game period, they lead the NFL with 5.6 yards per carry.

I know stats aren't the whole story, but how on Earth can't Pederson understand you can't have a predictable, one dimensional offense and sustain any kind of success?   Especially when your QB is struggling and your running game works. 

Bananas

16 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

You'd think Stoutland would have taught these guys to not telegraph their stances to the D whether it's run or pass.  Which Tra is basically pointing out in the video that we're giving away what our play is. 

Yup, we have the worst, most unimaginative, vanilla, stale cracker, mundane O in the League.  This is more coaching than the players.  Fans should just bombard the Eagles social media with stuff like this.  Maybe Lurie will see it and wake the F up.  Also send him tape of the MNF colour analysts ripping Howie to shreds.  That was cool.

I mean fair points and all but, when you are playing 4 different guys in a new position on the line every single week you are not going to coach it out of them in a week and when they get thrown from right side to left side weekly.

Also when one of them needs to get back in his stance sooner because he is to old to get back there without a head start. 

Then the rest of your line consists of late picks and guys that never even played football before. 

This all goes back to Howie and these sheet drafts. 

28 minutes ago, Doyoubelieve#20 said:

Why haven't we hired this man 

well..if sweeping changes happen...who knows...and this does seem like basic stuff that every...OL should be cognizant of....but it also harkens back to (stubborn) Andy Reid...telegraphing was always a problem with Reid...but his response was that even if the defense knew that the play coming was either pass or run...as long as the offense "executed"...the play WOULD work....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Doug is either doing it on purpose to get fired or he's just stupid.

Everyone knows what’s coming. Pederson has become too predictable. Do they even call audibles at the line and switch things up?