Anyone see the Blatant tank by the Jets?

Uscg-green

Last play of the game. Ball at midfield. Jets about to win first game. Instead of dropping everyone in coverage to stop a TD they do a full out eight player blitz. Lmao. Couldn't be more blatant. 

Yeah I mean I did think that at the time to be fair. 

In fact with seconds to go and the Jets leading I had this feeling they were going to stuff it up. And they did. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean I did think that at the time to be fair. 

In fact with seconds to go and the Jets leading I had this feeling they were going to stuff it up. And they did. 

I mean you can't blame them. Winning only hurts their rebuild. But most teams at least make an effort to not make it so obvious. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I mean you can't blame them. Winning only hurts their rebuild. But most teams at least make an effort to not make it so obvious. 

I mean... no more blatant than keeping Wentz in for so long. 

😉

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... no more blatant than keeping Wentz in for so long. 

😉

Or signing store clerks to play Oline? Lol

Isn't he the same one that was in charge of the Saints bounty gate years ago?

Probably told his defense to let them get the TD

And the defensive back bit on a stop and go. Who would bite on a stop and go when the Raiders are down to their last two plays and have to get a TD?  If the WR wants to stop and catch a 10 yard pass, who cares?  But, to bite on that and then get burned deep with no safety help is ridiculous.

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

DC Gregg Williams paid with his job.

More like he secretly got a bonus from the owner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

#1 overall - QB Lawrence.

Unless he goes "the Jets? Uh I'm going back to Clemson." 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Unless he goes "the Jets? Uh I'm going back to Clemson." 

Maybe he could talk to the Mannings. They've had some experience in choosing where they play.

On 12/7/2020 at 4:44 PM, wrestlevessel said:

More like he secretly got a bonus from the owner. 

A big cash bonus and getting laid off 4 weeks early was doing him a big favor. 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:33 PM, CaliEagle said:

And the defensive back bit on a stop and go. Who would bite on a stop and go when the Raiders are down to their last two plays and have to get a TD?  

I wouldn’t put it past Jalen Mills. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Wonder if the league will think to add some type of rule for tanking on purpose this coming offseason

Problem is, how do you police a rule like that? There would have to be some type of objective standard to prove it's happening more significant that simply saying, "Oh come on, it's obvious"

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Problem is, how do you police a rule like that? There would have to be some type of objective standard to prove it's happening more significant that simply saying, "Oh come on, it's obvious"

They keep changing what a catch is. I'm sure they can think of some weird rule to say "you're tanking on purpose"

You give them too much credit lol

On 12/14/2020 at 3:44 PM, Mike030270 said:

Wonder if the league will think to add some type of rule for tanking on purpose this coming offseason

I don't think it happens enough in the nfl for them to worry about it. To many players have performance based contracts as do the coaches. Obviously there is some teams that just unload all their talent but, rarely do the players on the field are trying to lose. 

Tanking to draft a guy isn't as big a deal for NFl draft as it is for say, NBA draft where the blue chippers at top of draft surer things to turn a franchise around.  Plus the minumum salary cap for NFL is pretty high so you don't get those totally bottomed out 50m tank rosters you see in MLB.