What do you want for 2021

What do you want for 2021  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely outcome, Lurie gets rid of one, who do you want gone.

2. 2. Less likely outcome, Lurie gets rid of 2, who do you want to keep

• Howie Roseman
    • Doug Pederson
    • Carson Wentz

Safe to say there will be changes, but as Lurie has shown in the past he is loyal to players, coaches and staff to a fault.

I am almost 100% confident that he would not get rid of Howie, Doug and Wentz, and I would be quite shocked if he got rid of 2 of the 3.

So, which one(s) do you want in these scenarios for 2021.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Safe to say there will be changes, but as Lurie has shown in the past he is loyal to players, coaches and staff to a fault.

I am almost 100% confident that he would not get rid of Howie, Doug and Wentz, and I would be quite shocked if he got rid of 2 of the 3.

So, which one(s) do you want in these scenarios for 2021.

Not a fan of that poll either mike!!

Howie should be the concensus pick to get rid of. I understand opinions may differ on keeping either Doug or Wentz. I chose Wentz as I have more interest in seeing him with a new structure in place over any other option.

• Like 1

Just now, downundermike said:

Why ??

Because I really don't want to have to get rid of Wentz and Pederson. So I picked Wentz to keep because I think at least another coach can get him back on track. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because I really don't want to have to get rid of Wentz and Pederson. So I picked Wentz to keep because I think at least another coach can get him back on track. 

The first option would be keeping Wentz and Pederson.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The first option would be keeping Wentz and Pederson.

I know lol. Still felt like I should answer the 2nd one if it came down to it. 

Even if they got rid of Howie and kept Doug and Carson it still probably wont work.  Doug's offense does not work with Carson at QB.  They need to be split up.

What I think happens is Doug and the team mutually part ways.  Howie remains and with higher draft picks, presumably top 5.  If those high draft picks dont produce immediate impact players, then he'll get fired next year.

• Sad 1

Still a garbage outcome but likely. Howie & Doug both need to go.

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Even if they got rid of Howie and kept Doug and Carson it still probably wont work.  Doug's offense does not work with Carson at QB.  They need to be split up.

What I think happens is Doug and the team mutually part ways.  Howie remains and with higher draft picks, presumably top 5.  If those high draft picks dont produce immediate impact players, then he'll get fired next year.

Move Howie to some other position that doesn’t involve contracts or picking players.  Keep Doug.  Keeping Wentz depends on what Hurts does. 

All I want for 2021 is to watch football that doesn't suck.

Honestly if Howie goes Doug is on a short leash and if Doug is on a short leash then so is Wentz, because a new GM looks for a new coach and a new coach looks for his own players.  I'd be surprised if any of the 3 are here in a couple of years, unless Wentz has a turn around as unprecedented as his plummet.

Honestly they should all be gone, plus the rest of the coaches. 

If only one stays... I have to wait and see what happens these next four games. If Hurts looks like he could be the future and plays well down the stretch, then I’d like to see Howie fired, Wentz traded, and Doug stick around. Otherwise, blow it up and get rid of all three. 

It's funny, since the Chip Kelly debacle, Roseman has been widely considered one of the best GMs in the NFL.  After digging the eagles out of the chip kelly mess, rebuilding the roster and building a coaching staff and championship team, something the city hasn't had in 58 years, people want to write it off as lucky.  Then the eagles, with enormous amount of injuries, went to the playoffs the following 2 years, which speaks TONS about the depth this team had.  This year has been a disaster for a number of reason, most of which is the inexplicable decline of Carson Wentz.  Had Wentz picked up where he left off last year, there's no telling where this team would be.  

When a QB struggles the way Wentz has, playcalling seems worse, defenses are overworked and eventually struggle, confidence and attitudes decline.  Teams simply can overcome terrible QB play and constant turnovers.  And NOBODY saw the severity of Wentz's decline coming.  Some guys want to say they saw the team being bad this year, but that's just horsesh-.....because if wentz was playing well, they team would be in a much better position.

Getting rid of Roseman and Pedersen is something the old Browns would do..or houston or the jets.......bad organizations make rash decisions based on one year.  And that's a typical overemotional philly fan thing too.  

This team has talent despite all the idiotic claims to the contrary.  The Oline got banged up and the young guys are getting invaluable experience.  The young WRs can't be evaluated with bad QB play.  The backfield is solid.  The TE group is solid.  Defensively, they need some upgrades, but again, they got almost no help from the offense in terms of TOP,  field position or scoring.

Everybody wants to hang these guys with cherry picked reasons.....but there are many factors that contributed to this season and they can be fixed this off season.....hopefully Lurie understands this and doesn't make an overemotional decision.

• Like 2

I want them all to stay. Howie is a good Front Office guy. But he's not a good football talent evaluator. Doug is a good coach, but he needs a real OC. Wentz was an MVP-caliber QB, so what happened? If they fix the talent around him, does he find his confidence?

It is no fluke this team won a Super Bowl. When they built the organization around these guys in 2016-2017, they put the right people in places surrounding them to make them all successful. After you win, the team gets poached looking to copy their success: players, coaches, and front office... The Eagles haven't done a good job replacing the talent they lost. 

I voted: If they replace anybody, replace Howie with a conventional GM to get the right football pieces in place. Carson might be permanently damaged from the knee/back injuries, so Hurts can be the fallback option at QB . (Not going to be easy to move that contract though....) Keep Doug.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

????? Have you seen our salary cap situation ?????

Another reason Howie should stay... He built this cap number up on purpose. He needs to manage this team out of it. The only other option is blow it all up, get rid of everybody, and start over from scratch in cap hell.

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

It's funny, since the Chip Kelly debacle, Roseman has been widely considered one of the best GMs in the NFL.  After digging the eagles out of the chip kelly mess, rebuilding the roster and building a coaching staff and championship team, something the city hasn't had in 58 years, people want to write it off as lucky.  Then the eagles, with enormous amount of injuries, went to the playoffs the following 2 years, which speaks TONS about the depth this team had.  This year has been a disaster for a number of reason, most of which is the inexplicable decline of Carson Wentz.  Had Wentz picked up where he left off last year, there's no telling where this team would be.  

When a QB struggles the way Wentz has, playcalling seems worse, defenses are overworked and eventually struggle, confidence and attitudes decline.  Teams simply can overcome terrible QB play and constant turnovers.  And NOBODY saw the severity of Wentz's decline coming.  Some guys want to say they saw the team being bad this year, but that's just horsesh-.....because if wentz was playing well, they team would be in a much better position.

Getting rid of Roseman and Pedersen is something the old Browns would do..or houston or the jets.......bad organizations make rash decisions based on one year.  And that's a typical overemotional philly fan thing too.  

This team has talent despite all the idiotic claims to the contrary.  The Oline got banged up and the young guys are getting invaluable experience.  The young WRs can't be evaluated with bad QB play.  The backfield is solid.  The TE group is solid.  Defensively, they need some upgrades, but again, they got almost no help from the offense in terms of TOP,  field position or scoring.

Everybody wants to hang these guys with cherry picked reasons.....but there are many factors that contributed to this season and they can be fixed this off season.....hopefully Lurie understands this and doesn't make an overemotional decision.

The Chip Kelly debacle amounted to needing a guard to replace Mathis, so that Demarco Murray could actually run like he was supposed to and having Byron Maxwell on a contract that  was overpaid for what he was (although to be fair Philly seems to be the place Corners go to die since Asante Samuel left), the situation now is we're still trying to get a tune out of a fair old chunk of Chip Kelly and Big Red's Lines 5 years later, with expensive badly structured contracts out the wazoo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

This is absolutely right. Fans and the media want to run these guys out of town, the first year we (probably) don’t make the playoffs since they brought us our first Super Bowl.

It’s not going to happen and it probably shouldn’t happen. And I’m no Howie fan.

What do I want to see happen?

1) Eagles add a proper OC

2) O-Line comes back healthy. Bring in a couple more in draft to be cover/succeed Kelce/Brooks.

3) A decent free agent wide receiver to compliment our young ones.

4) Ertz traded for a 3rd

5) Add young stud defensive playmakers in the draft.

6) Open QB competition between Hurts and Wentz.

They have to keep Carson, unless they figure out a trade. Kinda narrows down the poll options for question 2