Eagles Mock Draft (12-16-2020)

Ray75

I know! It’s unlikely the Eagles will trade Wentz but I just want to offer you guys a scenario in which we do. That $33.8 million in dead money will be hard to swallow no matter the return we might get.

But if Hurts keeps it up, he might not only safe the current regime from getting fired but we’ll also be having a QB controversy all offseason long. Some will still be on the Wentz wagon, others might feel Hurts might be a better fit for Doug’s offense.

I’m having the Eagles winning one or two games down the stretch but still having a pick around 10th overall.

Anyway...take this offseason and draft with a grain of salt. It’s just food for thought...

GM Howie Roseman 

HC Doug Pederson

OC Dave Canales, (Seahawks)

DC Mike Caldwell (Buccaneers LB coach)

QB coach Tim Kelly (Texans) but I can easily see them keeping Press Taylor if he has succes with Hurts.

Trades;

Carson Wentz and a 6th to the Indianapolis Colts or Denver Broncos for a 2nd in 2021 and a 2nd in 2022*

If the Eagles trade Wentz before June 1, his cap hit would decrease to $33.8 million for an $816.9K savings. This obviously isn’t ideal, but the Eagles are going to have to give at some point. By trading Wentz, who will still eat up $33.8 million in dead money, Philadelphia would still save cap space in 2021 and increase their cap space in 2022. 

Zack Ertz to the Green Bay Packers for a 4th in 2021*

Malik Jackson to the Las Vegas Raiders for a 6th in 2021.

* hope we get more for them but just being cautious.

Gone;

DJax, Jeffery, NRC, Curry, Riley, Brown, Ford, Opeta, Gerry, Juringa, Sudfeld, Perkins, Clement

Keep;

Singleton, Johnston, Ridgeway, LeBlanc, Mills, Scott, Rodgers, Ward

Retire;

Jason Kelce and Jason Peters

Restructure/pay cut;

Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham

FA;

We’ll be quiet! We’ve nothing to spend! Maybe a role player here or there but nothing substantial besides a veteran backup QB.

Draft;

1) DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama;

2) Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson;

2) Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse;

3) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU*;

4) Alec Lindstrom, OC, Boston College*;

5) Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma;

5) Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame;

6) Austin Watkins, WR, UAB;

6) Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas;

7) Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado;

* we use 5th and 6th round picks to trade up and secure some of these players.

Feel free to to offer your opinion! It’s what we’re here for...

• Like 2

I like it bud. I don't love it but I like it. Some very very good picks there. 

I actually think we'd get more for Wentz than two second round picks but I mean who even knows at this point?

Would you slide Seumalo across to OC? As I see Kelce retires and we don't draft an OC.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like it bud. I don't love it but I like it. Some very very good picks there. 

I actually think we'd get more for Wentz than two second round picks but I mean who even knows at this point?

Would you slide Seumalo across to OC? As I see Kelce retires and we don't draft an OC.

Yep and Zion Johnson to LG...

Certainly love the first two rounds. Rest seems a bit high, but first two is where it counts.

I don't like the idea to go with only Goedert. First off, what if he is injured. And second, who says we can't go with two TEs anymore, just because of this bad start into 2020?

Never really liked Seumalo at Center either. Fans had that notion for years, but when he actually was there he sucked.

Don't like letting Malik go. But I can understand if he was a cap casualty.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Infam said:

Certainly love the first two rounds. Rest seems a bit high, but first two is where it counts.

I don't like the idea to go with only Goedert. First off, what if he is injured. And second, who says we can't go with two TEs anymore, just because of this bad start into 2020?

Never really liked Seumalo at Center either. Fans had that notion for years, but when he actually was there he sucked.

Don't like letting Malik go. But I can understand if he was a cap casualty.

For a change I agree on everything you said.

Was going back and forth on Zion Johnson in the 4th. Actually wanted to take his teammate Alec Lindstrom there instead. Might change that one though. Actually I will...

• Like 1

I like it. You know I would rather go D in the first, but with the Wentz trade we add a lot of young talent in the second and third.

I’d be reluctant to let Malik go unless we have to. Love being that deep on the line.

If Kelce retires I might also attach G/C a bit more aggressively in the draft, but that’s probably nit picking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, b_west3 said:

I love it...it's pretty unrealistic, but I do love it.  

I agree, I would be happy to see a lot of this happen (especially the assistant coaches), but maybe I'm a bit more pessimistic on that front?

I do like the picks though and I also don't think your trades are far off what we'd probably get in real life. Far too often we overestimate our own guys trade value on the EMB, but Wentz is definitely one of those "we get whatever someone is willing to pay" cases IMO. Very tough to project.

36 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I agree, I would be happy to see a lot of this happen (especially the assistant coaches), but maybe I'm a bit more pessimistic on that front?

I do like the picks though and I also don't think your trades are far off what we'd probably get in real life. Far too often we overestimate our own guys trade value on the EMB, but Wentz is definitely one of those "we get whatever someone is willing to pay" cases IMO. Very tough to project.

Well...there’s nothing wrong with being somewhat pessimistic. It prepares you for an inevitable letdown. 😂

This one is about the whole idea of trading Wentz and how an offseason and draft could potentially look like.

Those assistent coaching changes is what I’d like to see. Toyed with Weidl as the new GM but think if Hurts balls out, he will safe either Doug’s, Howie’s, Taylor’s or all three of their asses. 

• Like 1