Week 17 Schedule Prediction Time

AlpineEagle

Most Likely to Stay

Minnesota @ Detroit

NY Jets @ New England

LA Chargers @ Kansas City

Dallas @ NY Giants (If Washington Football Team Win NFC EAST)

Washington @ Philadelphia (If Washington Football Team Win NFC EAST)

Las Vegas @ Denver

Seattle @ San Francisco

Most Likely to be Moved

Miami @ Buffalo

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Baltimore @ Cincinnati

Tennessee @ Houston

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Green Bay @ Chicago

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

New Orleans @ Carolina

Most Likely to be Moved to SNF

If we beat the Cowboys, WFT loses to Carolina, and the Giants lose to Baltimore, then our Week 17 game with WFT would be a de facto playoff game for the NFC East title. As terrible of a record that each team will end with, that scenario would have to make for an attractive Sunday nighter. 

Pending that scenario, I think if either Steelers/Browns or Rams/Cards have playoff implications, it'll be one of those two. 

3 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

If we beat the Cowboys, WFT loses to Carolina, and the Giants lose to Baltimore, then our Week 17 game with WFT would be a de facto playoff game for the NFC East title. As terrible of a record that each team will end with, that scenario would have to make for an attractive Sunday nighter. 

I think we beat Dallas, unfortunately I think WFT handles Carolina.

Very Likely Packers/Bears Will be Moved to 4:25 PM ET for Week 17 with Cardinals Lose to the Niners

Football Team-Eagles was the only game that could be put on Sunday Night Football.  That game is guaranteed to be meaningful even if the Cowboys-Giants game ends in a five quarter tie (Cowboys would win NFC East if that happened and the Football Team lost).  

This is also why starting next year, the NFL should go to all games in a conference at the same time, with one conference at 3:30 PM and the other at 7:30 PM and the games divided up between ALL of the broadcast partners.

I get why they picked Washington for SNF. Win and they clinch NFC East. Lose and they're out.  But I think Rams/Cardinals is more compelling. If Bears beat the Packers, they clinch a Wild Card and this becomes a play-in game. But if the Bears lose, Rams clinch Wild Card and Cardinals need a win. I guess that is the situation schedule makers wanted to avoid, the Rams clinching before kickoff, only playing for seeding, while the Cards have to win.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

I get why they picked Washington for SNF. Win and they clinch NFC East. Lose and they're out.  But I think Rams/Cardinals is more compelling. If Bears beat the Packers, they clinch a Wild Card and this becomes a play-in game. But if the Bears lose, Rams clinch Wild Card and Cardinals need a win. I guess that is the situation schedule makers wanted to avoid, the Rams clinching before kickoff, only playing for seeding, while the Cards have to win.

I assume that's precisely the reason. The league doesn't want an earlier game to change the impact of the night game. 

I like the Seattle game too. Either way, the Cardinals are in the same position as The Football Team.

If the Bears somehow win, then it becomes a win or go home game for both.

Archived