Leslie Frazier - BUF DC/Assistant HC

SBorBust

This would be completely dependent upon Frazier bringing in an offensive guru.

He has the ability to both turn around the defense and demand respect throughout the building.

17 hours ago, SBorBust said:

This would be completely dependent upon Frazier bringing in an offensive guru.

He has the ability to both turn around the defense and demand respect throughout the building.

A defensive HC might be helpful in getting somebody like Mike Kafka to OC.  I don't think many up and coming offensive assistants were hot to work with Doug, as it is a stripped down role at least in terms of playcalling. 

Of course, Kafka can stick with AR and probably be an HC candidate in a couple years.

I'd love him as our DC. I think he'd be willing to come here to run his own defense and not McDermott's. 

As a HC not so much. 

I think a defensive minded HC might be a good shout. Because we could then really look to entice a young exciting OC in who could really take hold of the offense and make it their own. 

17 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

A defensive HC might be helpful in getting somebody like Mike Kafka to OC.  I don't think many up and coming offensive assistants were hot to work with Doug, as it is a stripped down role at least in terms of playcalling. 

Of course, Kafka can stick with AR and probably be an HC candidate in a couple years.

Kafka????  Dear Lord please no.  I don't get the fascination with this kid or with any coaches under Reid (Bienemy included).  

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Kafka????  Dear Lord please no.  I don't get the fascination with this kid or with any coaches under Reid (Bienemy included).  

Daboll is getting plenty of pub for his work with Josh Allen/BUF, if you are more offensive minded and appreciate the Belichick coaching tree more (or maybe Ken Dorsey gets the credit for QB development).

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Daboll is getting plenty of pub for his work with Josh Allen/BUF, if you are more offensive minded and appreciate the Belichick coaching tree more (or maybe Ken Dorsey gets the credit for QB development).

Even with an offensive-minded HC, a majority of our fans are screaming for Doug to hire a seasoned, creative OC to run the offense.  So I don't think it really matters whether your HC has an offensive or defensive background, so long as they hire the right people to run those respective units under him.  

Personally, I like Saleh quite a bit - I think he would make a tremendous leader and with the right coordinators, could get back on the right track in short time.  But I don't think Doug is going anywhere so is it likely pointless to discuss replacements.  But who knows.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Even with an offensive-minded HC, a majority of our fans are screaming for Doug to hire a seasoned, creative OC to run the offense.  So I don't think it really matters whether your HC has an offensive or defensive background, so long as they hire the right people to run those respective units under him.  

Personally, I like Saleh quite a bit - I think he would make a tremendous leader and with the right coordinators, could get back on the right track in short time.  But I don't think Doug is going anywhere so is it likely pointless to discuss replacements.  But who knows.  

Yeah, I think everyone gets another year (not sure about Schwartz).  COVID/Injury bug will be the scapegoat.  

31 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yeah, I think everyone gets another year (not sure about Schwartz).  COVID/Injury bug will be the scapegoat.  

The fact that he is in the final year of his current contract with only one game remaining and they haven't made any effort (at least none that we are aware of) to extend him, I think you may be right about Schwartz.  

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The fact that he is in the final year of his current contract with only one game remaining and they haven't made any effort (at least none that we are aware of) to extend him, I think you may be right about Schwartz.  

If so, broken clock...

Personally if Im going DC as a HC Im looking more at Robert Saleh as my choice. Im not big on Frazier. Reminds me more of Doug. HC is calling the plays and hes sitting back. Now this is not always the case but I remember when Frazier was the Vikings coach but I wasnt very impressed. Some guys are just better off sticking to being Asst Coaches. 

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Kafka reeks of ish

• Like 1