Rate The Streaming Services

DaEagles4Life

It is starting to get out of hand and getting close to the old cable bill. If you had to pick three which would it be and why?  

Amazon Prime (Because of all the perks) 

HBO Max (Best original content and Warner Brothers Movies) 

Netflix (Starting to not watch anything on Netflix and to me they produce only a few great shows a year and rest is garbage) 

• Like 2

honestly, all the same. just pick the cheapest one that has original  programing you like. they all shell b & c list movies as the bulk of their catalog. 

Don't be poor - get all of them. 

My 3 favorites:

1. Netflix -- I really like their documentaries 

2. Amazon Prime -- Jack Ryan, Man in the High Castle (completed)

3. Disney+ -- Mandalorian

I have Hulu and HBO Max as well. HBO Max will be solid in 2021 for theatrical releases, and I really enjoyed the special West Wing episode they did.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1. Netflix

Cheap, i like some of the original content, documentaries, and past shows I never saw I can binge, or old favorites. They are now releasing new movies more often. 

2. Disney+

Star Wars and Marvel new TV shows, Pixar catalog, classic Disney, my son likes the National Geographic shows too. He likes the cartoon content from Marvel. Plus they have other content they've bought from 20th Century Fox.

3. Amazon Prime Video

I probably wouldn't pay for it alone but like most we have Prime for shipping. There have been some good original content, and they'll put old movies from the 80s and 90s I'll rewatch for nostalgia. 

4. Hulu Plus

I rarely watch any new network shows, most of them are garbage. But may watch a couple shows or movies now and then.  My son likes some kids shows on there. They've had a couple original shows we've watched but I could do without it. 

Gotta imagine OPs list is the top 3. Definitely intrigued w Disney+ but I don't have kids and am not a Star Wars nerd so it falls down a few notches for me. 

I'd have to go:

Netflix

HBO Max

Disney +

In that order. All the others are pretty much the same and kind of useless unless there's a specific show you want to watch. These three have the best original content. 

Only have HBO Max, Prime Video, Disney+, and Netflix

I don't consider Amazon one of them. We were paying for prime to get free delivery for years before streaming. I rarely use the music feature from them too

I have HBO Max from my cable service lol

Netflix keeps upping it's price but it's got a huge catalog

I don't watch a lot on Disney+ so if I did cut one of them that would probably be first

11 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

1 - netflix 

2-disney+

3-prime

4-cbs AA

5-hbomax

was wondering when that would make an appearance. Chickie got it for the picard show but what caught my eye was they would have the new The Stand. Picard show was okay.

1 minute ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

was wondering when that would make an appearance. Chickie got it for the picard show but what caught my eye was they would have the new The Stand. Picard show was okay.

wont lie, i got it for discovery and picard. while i enjoyed those two shows they do have some other good material, the stand being one of them. unless they get more original though, i'll probably discontinue it after discovery & the stand's season is over and pick it back up when picard comes back on. 

10 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wont lie, i got it for discovery and picard. while i enjoyed those two shows they do have some other good material, the stand being one of them. unless they get more original though, i'll probably discontinue it after discovery & the stand's season is over and pick it back up when picard comes back on. 

I just buy the bluray set when they come out lol I just figure I'll like them anyway

Speaking of which I need to watch the Picard one still

39 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

good means POS on your block, right?  because in the beginning of  your post you said you wouldn't lie. 

2 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

good means POS on your block, right?  because in the beginning of  your post you said you wouldn't lie. 

lol, the wont lie was more about admitting that i got the service for star trek, but yeah the "original" material is quite limited. 

We do Hulu plus (no cable), Netflix, Amazon. I have Hbo and Disney too. I find myself watching Hbo the most but my wife never watches it. She’s on Netflix and Hulu most of the time. I did a trial of stars and showtime, but other than the circus and homeland on showtime, not much content there.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:10 AM, vikas83 said:

Don't be poor - get all of them. 

My 3 favorites:

1. Netflix -- I really like their documentaries 

2. Amazon Prime -- Jack Ryan, Man in the High Castle (completed)

3. Disney+ -- Mandalorian

I have Hulu and HBO Max as well. HBO Max will be solid in 2021 for theatrical releases, and I really enjoyed the special West Wing episode they did.

This

1. Netflix: For anytime I want to rewatch Avatar: Last airbender, great nature documentaries, they put out some really good shows & have a huge movie catalog. 

2. Disney+ For all the Star Wars & marvel content. I like the Nat geo channel too, I’ll watch some of the kid films that I grew up on from time to time also. Good nostalgia there

3. Hulu: It’s always Sunny, South Park, Rick and morty, also a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay content. They’ve got a really good catalog of tv shows, but the layout + functionality of the service is bad. Also movie selection is bad. 

4. Amazon prime: Originally got this for Avatar & Legend of Korra, almost cancelled when those were put on Netflix but kept it because The Boys & Reno 911. Vikings is one I’m starting is a good one too. Even worse layout/functionality than Hulu. 

used to have HBO for the GOT days but cancelled that. DC universe was good for a little while but not enough good content. WWE network if you’re a wrestling fan is great, I enjoy watching the attitude era. But that service is pretty one dimensional so

• Like 1

hbo max

netflix

amazon

hulu

disney

With all the DC shows and animated movies on top of everything else HBO jumped to the top.

Netflix yeah it has some serious garbage but also has some great original content

Prime is 2b to netflix 2a. just a few less shows I watch

Hulu does not have a lot but does have 2 or 3 of my favorites and I really enjoy their cheesy horror movie anthology 

Disney besides one rewatch of Marvel has nothing I care about  Even my kids watch netflix or prime now that they went through mickey stuff and sofia  They rarely turn it on anymore, but I paid $150 or whatever that deal was so have it for 3 years