Hamsah Nasirildeen (Florida State S) -- DRAFTED BY N.Y. JETS #186

Godfather

This dude is good. He can fill in the role Jenkins played. He's versatile and can play S and LB. Future S we need. Number 1 ranked prospect coming out of high school. Because his season was cut short last year I believe it affected his draft positioning. He's had a solid season this year.  Right now I see late 2nd to early 3rd.

6'4"  215

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Marino

PROS: Physically gifted. Features great length and an ideal build with good thickness throughout his frame. Explosive and fluid mover in all directions, rounding out his highly appealing physical skill set. Has some impressive flashes of a quick trigger and attacking downhill. His natural athletic profile enables him to make plays on the ball despite not necessarily having the best ball skills. Natural athlete that is comfortable in space. Can play as a deep safety, in the slot and down in the box. Takes correctly calculated angles in pursuit. Physical tackler that arrives with intent. Looks to separate the football from the ball carrier. Urgent in pursuit and is always around the football. Does well to weave and navigate through traffic in pursuit. Has impressive reps in the slot showcasing his ability to plant and drive. 

CONS: Can be tardy locating the football in the air and making plays on it, especially with his back to the quarterback. Tore his ACL late in the 2019 season in a non-contact situation. Was frequently used as a blitzer and found himself in 1v1 situations with running backs but had no plan to beat them. Needs to get his hands more involved when taking on blockers. A bit of a hybrid defender that hasn’t settled into any one spot although his versatility is highly appealing. 

He's one of my favorite safety prospects in that 2nd-3rd round range. I've actually mocked him to us before, recently shifted over to Paris Ford who I also think is a good prospect in that range.

3 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

He's one of my favorite safety prospects in that 2nd-3rd round range. I've actually mocked him to us before, recently shifted over to Paris Ford who I also think is a good prospect in that range.

Recent mocks I've done I've taken him in the 3rd in all of them

12 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Tore his ACL late in the 2019 season in a non-contact situation. 

Has Howie written all over this pick.

I definitely want this guy. Mocked him to us in my earlier mock.

Would be awesome to get him and mukuamu. Both dbs over 6’3”.

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Has Howie written all over this pick.

I wouldn't be mad at this pick