BPA: NFL Draft

DeathByEagle

I dont care what position it is, we take the BPA at our pick. There is zero chance that BPA is a QB so get that off any ones mind now. This team needs pretty much every single position(exception of QB and Punter) so we dont need to get tricky here thinking which is more important.  Best chance at changing this team quick it going for the best chance at a sure thing pick. I dont care if they are a tenth of a sec slower then another player etc. Can they flat out play is top on my list. Not a project, or someone that has "potential" to be a great player years later. I want someone who can step in day one and be a productive player now. Thats what this team needs. Lets make it simple and not over think this. 

• Like 1

I agree. Speaking of the draft I wanted to see if any posters in the TATE/IWTETG threads wanted to join our annual EMB mock draft tradition.

We still need 2 more people!

Basic premise is that 16 of us each get an NFC and AFC team to be a mock GM and make the selections. We can trade picks and players before and during the mock draft. It'll start prior to the real draft about a week or so before. More details in the thread linked below:

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:13 AM, DeathByEagle said:

I dont care what position it is, we take the BPA at our pick.

So you advocate fixing the team by chance, "we really don't need to address that position but he's the BPA so let's go with it?".

I've always though the BPA is be the dumbest strategy imaginable. 

BPA at a position of need yes, BPA period, I think not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

So you advocate fixing the team by chance, "we really don't need to address that position but he's the BPA so let's go with it?".

So tell me one position we dont need on this team? Dont tell me Punter, kicker or even QB since there are no QBs in this draft worth a dam. So out of every other position on the team tell me what we dont need? There is none. We need pretty much everything. 

So with knowing we pretty much need any position, should we reach for what some people think are more "needs" like we did last year and the year before? Seams to have worked out didn't it? Oh wait, maybe not. 

7 hours ago, EagleVA said:

100 % agree! 

We could use upgrades at about every position but some are harder needs than others.

Picking at 6 you also have to take value into account and as far as top elite talent goes, this isn’t a great draft class IMO.

No D-linemen worthy of that high a pick, you could debate any DB is worth taking there, only one surefire top 10 selection at OL, a bunch of WR’s who are very good but clearly not on the elite level other receivers who were taken that high in the past were, one elite TE, a bunch of QB’s who’ll get taken high simply because of demand etc, etc.

At 6 you want one of the elite prospects in the draft, not just a solid addition. But who’ll that be, who’s gonna fall into our lap?!

Will it be Chase, Smith or even Pitts? Do we even want Sewell with Dillard, Mailata, Johnson and Driscoll on the roster? Do we trade Wentz and if so, does Sirianni want to handpick his own QB? Will we take a corner like Surtain or Farley that high considering we have’t used a first rounder on a CB in about two decades let alone that high?

A lot of questions, a lot of uncertainty but hey, that’s the fun part of it!

Just enjoy the ride, boys!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

So with knowing we pretty much need any position, should we reach for what some people think are more "needs" like we did last year and the year before? Seams to have worked out didn't it? Oh wait, maybe not. 

Just as "more needs" is subjective, so is BPA.

Either way you go a bad pick will never work out, so what's your point?

13 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Yep, I love the offseason.

The premium positions to draft in the top 10 are Qb, OT, CB, DE and DL. I would add WR WHEN and only WHEN, there is a freak wr like Julio, megaton or someone similar who has rare physical traits for the position. I don’t see one in this draft.

I don’t want to get another Qb unless Wentz is traded and right now I don’t see that happening. I wouldn’t say we’re set at OT, but we aren’t hurting there either. 

There doesn’t appear to be a DL or DE drawing overwhelming top 10 pick status right now, subject to change.

So that leaves us with picking the best corner or trading back in my opinion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Just as "more needs" is subjective, so is BPA.

Either way you go a bad pick will never work out, so what's your point?

Well if you don't understand the point of we need every position on this team and BPA then maybe all your other posts I have seen is not an act and this conversation.

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Well if you don't understand the point of we need every position on this team and BPA then maybe all your other posts I have seen is not an act and this conversation.

Not sure what your point was so let me tell you my point.

You claim every position is a need, forgetting about special teams, that's 22 positions that are a need according to you.

Problem is, there's only 7 rounds of the draft so it's a necessity to determine the "more needs" which you seem to indicate is wrong thinking.

So after coming up with the more needy positions, my point is you don't ignore your needs and go with the BPA if it isn't one of your needs, it's simply not smart.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:49 AM, Ray75 said:

100 % agree! 

We could use upgrades at about every position but some are harder needs than others.

Picking at 6 you also have to take value into account and as far as top elite talent goes, this isn’t a great draft class IMO.

No D-linemen worthy of that high a pick, you could debate any DB is worth taking there, only one surefire top 10 selection at OL, a bunch of WR’s who are very good but clearly not on the elite level other receivers who were taken that high in the past were, one elite TE, a bunch of QB’s who’ll get taken high simply because of demand etc, etc.

At 6 you want one of the elite prospects in the draft, not just a solid addition. But who’ll that be, who’s gonna fall into our lap?!

Will it be Chase, Smith or even Pitts? Do we even want Sewell with Dillard, Mailata, Johnson and Driscoll on the roster? Do we trade Wentz and if so, does Sirianni want to handpick his own QB? Will we take a corner like Surtain or Farley that high considering we have’t used a first rounder on a CB in about two decades let alone that high?

Just enjoy the ride, boys!

There is going to be 4 QBs going in the top 10. Normally we would than pick and choose who we want...But there is a lack of Top talent this year.  So #6 is a mystery. Hopefully someone trades with us and we can slide down, while picking up an extra 3 or 2. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-trade-for-deshaun-watson-and-texans-go-qb-bengals-pick-jamarr-chase/

What is a mock draft really? Mostly just an educated guess by someone yet here they have the Eagles taking Fields and they have both wide receivers off the board. QB factoriezzzzzz!