Eric Stokes (Georgia CB) -- DRAFTED BY GREEN BAY #29

Ray75

1A1976FA-415E-4E29-AA36-BB8AB71F8C6B.jpeg

6’1” // 185 lbs

Outside cornerback only with good size and length for the position that help him get to the high point faster than the receiver, strong in a lot of different coverage techniques, difficult to beat in press coverage and his ball skills are very solid. Shows good instincts and route recognition in press. Does a good job giving the offense different looks from play to play, particularly with hard press, soft press & bail. In coverage, he shows effectiveness to stay on top and remains in phase as needed.

Stokes has a good understanding of leverage and where his help is, too. Does a good job opening his hips and running upfield against outside releases. He has good vision and awareness of different route combinations and reacts well to double-moves. Loose hips and shows good short-area quickness in his ability to turn and run with receivers. He’s strong against quick routes and red-zone attempts. He does well to shade and mirror his receiver and then displays a quick click and close ability. Has fast reaction skills that allow him to break on the ball before it’s even released from the QBs hand. He will be a matchup problem in the red zone area as he defends slants/fade situations exceptionally well. 

It’s clear that throughout the game, most QBs don’t want to throw his way.

Projection; late first / early second round

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, Ray75 said:

6’1” // 185 lbs

Outside cornerback only with good size and length for the position that help him get to the high point faster than the receiver,

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Well he could sneak into the back end of the 1st round at this rate. If he lasts until pick 37 I'd consider him over Asante Samuel Jr. based on size considerations.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:24 AM, Jeep_man said:

He will be gone by pick 15.....

I love when people say this kind of stuff. By my estimation from what I’ve heard on these boards, there will be 4 qbs, 1 te, 4 wrs, 1 t, 3iol, 3 cbs, 2lbs, and 2-3 des. It just doesn’t add up.  Every year players are projected to go top 10 and drop same as players projected to go late getting picked early.  No1 knows where players will fall except the 1st pick normally. Team just needs to do their homework and find value and difference makers across the board.  He may very well be gone by 15 but has just as good of a chance of being there at 25 especially when he’s overall considered at best the 3rd cb by some or even lower for others.

8 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

I love when people say this kind of stuff. By my estimation from what I’ve heard on these boards, there will be 4 qbs, 1 te, 4 wrs, 1 t, 3iol, 3 cbs, 2lbs, and 2-3 des. It just doesn’t add up.  Every year players are projected to go top 10 and drop same as players projected to go late getting picked early.  No1 knows where players will fall except the 1st pick normally. Team just needs to do their homework and find value and difference makers across the board.  He may very well be gone by 15 but has just as good of a chance of being there at 25 especially when he’s overall considered at best the 3rd cb by some or even lower for others.

Cool man

12 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

Indeed!

I stick to my initial projection; maybe he’ll sneak into late first but he’ll definitely be gone mid second round.

I’d be stunned if he ends up a top 20 pick but you never know. Raiders and Falcons took corners I projected to come off the board late 1st/early 2nd in the last two drafts in the top 20 so it’s  I guess.

Only this entire class feels different. There is no corner I’d comfortably take in the top 10 but Surtain, Farley and Horn will definitely come off the board in that 10-20ish range so where does that leave Stokes, Samuel (size is the only issue), Robinson etc?! Late first? Early to mid second? We’ll see...

• 2 weeks later...

So much CB talent in R2...Stokes, Campbell, Samuel, Newsome, etc.  I would love to get the Stokes/Campbell tandem in R2 and 3, but it's a pipe dream.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So much CB talent in R2...Stokes, Campbell, Samuel, Newsome, etc.  I would love to get the Stokes/Campbell tandem in R2 and 3, but it's a pipe dream.

I don't know if Stokes survives to the 2nd round but, if the Eagles can get Stokes in RD2 after grabbing Chase or Pitts in RD1, happy doesn't cover it, lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't know if Stokes survives to the 2nd round but, if the Eagles can get Stokes in RD2 after grabbing Chase or Pitts in RD1, happy doesn't cover it, lol.

I also think his partner Tyson Campbell deserves a R2 grade. Both are longer guys with size and speed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Delirious might be closer to it. Imagine if they snagged Cisco in the third. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Delirious might be closer to it. Imagine if they snagged Cisco in the third. 

Eaglegasm for me is:

1- Pitts

2- Stokes/Campbell

3A- Andre Cisco

3B- Jabril Cox/Tylan Wallace

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Eaglegasm for me is:

1- Pitts

2- Stokes/Campbell

3A- Andre Cisco

3B- Jabril Cox/Tylan Wallace

My god! Yes that would be insane. Can't see it but yeah that would be great. 

Ok, I'll play....

1. Pitts or Chase
2. Newsome or Stokes
3a. Grant or Trill Williams
3b. McGrone or Jamin Davis

• 1 month later...

I keep watching Stokes and want to like him but I can’t. To don’t think he is better prospect than his teammate Campbell.

when I see Stokes, I see the clone copy of Trae Waynes. No thanks. Below Average cover skills covered but by athleticism. Like Waynes, People on his jock because of 40 time