DeMeco Ryans (49ers ILB coach) -- PROMOTED BY SF (DC)

Jenkins27

Schwartz may be out. Let’s take a look at former Eagle DeMeco Ryans. He has done well with the Niners LBs. I’d prefer him or Burke.

• Like 1

Called it months ago in one of my mocks.

Have always liked Mufasa! Great guy, great leader, calm demeanor. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Schwartz may be out. Let’s take a look at former Eagle DeMeco Ryans. He has done well with the Niners LBs. I’d prefer him over or Burke.

Fixed. 

I like the idea. A little risky, but giving him his first DC job is the only way we could lure DeMeco away from the 49ers right now. Heck, if Robert Saleh leaves to become a HC, they may even offer him the DC position outright to fill it in-house. Also, as a former LB, he could advocate for more assets being used at that position.

As a player he was a good leader for us and was fairly consistent. Not that we want to remember Chip Kelly, but someone from the media once asked him which one of his players would make a good head coach someday, he replied DeMeco Ryans.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Schwartz may be out. Let’s take a look at former Eagle DeMeco Ryans. He has done well with the Niners LBs. I’d prefer him or Burke.

I'd absolutely prefer him over Burke. Burke has had a good year with the DL but he's a Schwartz disciple who would keep things almost the same. I think this defense needs tweaks to help out the areas that keep getting exposed.

17 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Called it months ago in one of my mocks.

Have always liked Mufasa! Great guy, great leader, calm demeanor. 

Yeah I can say that your mock of Ryan’s was the first I remember. Would be a pretty huge jump going from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator. But if the Eagles think he can take the load I say do it.

I’d be happy with it.

32 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Yeah I can say that your mock of Ryan’s was the first I remember. Would be a pretty huge jump going from linebackers coach to defensive coordinator. But if the Eagles think he can take the load I say do it.

I’d be happy with it.

They’ll probably promote Burke...

Grabbing someone from the 49ers defensive staff just makes a ton of sense. Their ideals align with Howie as far as building the defense starting at the defensive front. The defensive scheme is also similar to Schwartz. 

Ryans has done a great job with Fred Warner and the 49ers have always had great linebacker play. While it is a risky hire, it is worth a shot.

• Like 1

His first year as a player here doug was the QB coach and duce was here as a coach the 3 years he played for us.. I remember good things about him and that he was sorta a coach on the field I like the idea.