Zaven Collins (Tulsa ILB/OLB) -- DRAFTED BY ARIZONA #16

Alphagrand

Seeing some buzz for this player as a late 1st or early 2nd round prospect.  I would prefer go WR and CB in the first 2 rounds and draft a LB later — but he could be the best player on the board at the Eagles 2nd round pick.  The team could certainly use a play maker on defense, and he looks more seasoned than Davion Taylor did last year.

6’4, 260 lbs, really good tackler with closing speed and can run side to side.  Can also play MLB or OLB.

Awesome player but will probably go in the twenties possibly early thirties. I don’t think we’ll be in position to draft him.

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Awesome player but will probably go in the twenties possibly early thirties. I don’t think we’ll be in position to draft him.

Unless we get that first from a team like the Colts and then we might... 😉

Honestly doesn’t look like a first round lb to me. Would still be an improvement over our linebackers to get him after the first though.

• 3 months later...

I’ll be honest. Zaven Collins is starting to grow on me. I think he will end up being a blue chip MLB for the next decade. He is the type of player that this defense needs in the middle. With the anticipation of more cover 2 to be played, Collins would be an interception machine. He has the athletic ability, IQ and size to be a very good player in this league.

while unlikely, I would not be upset if the Eagles traded back into the end of the 1st round to secure him.

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

I’ll be honest. Zaven Collins is starting to grow on me. I think he will end up being a blue chip MLB for the next decade. He is the type of player that this defense needs in the middle. With the anticipation of more cover 2 to be played, Collins would be an interception machine. He has the athletic ability, IQ and size to be a very good player in this league.

while unlikely, I would not be upset if the Eagles traded back into the end of the 1st round to secure him.

Yeah, he is definitely intriguing - I just have to think of narrative where a team would want to move up to 12 from the 20s.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yeah, he is definitely intriguing - I just have to think of narrative where a team would want to move up to 12 from the 20s.

I am thinking that the Eagles get best player available at 12 and then move back up into the late 20s. They can leverage #37, one of the 3rd rounders or 2022 2nd rounder. While the draft value chart is unoffical the Eagles can package #37 (530 points) and #84 (170 points) to get up to #26 (700 points) or later.

He looks like Brian Urlacher

On 4/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, philafan4o8 said:

I am thinking that the Eagles get best player available at 12 and then move back up into the late 20s. They can leverage #37, one of the 3rd rounders or 2022 2nd rounder. While the draft value chart is unoffical the Eagles can package #37 (530 points) and #84 (170 points) to get up to #26 (700 points) or later.

He looks like Brian Urlacher

BGN floated the idea of trading Ertz as part of a trade-up into the 1st. I’m guessing he’d be worth a 4th at best🤷

• 3 weeks later...