MORE PICKS (Trade Down)

SBorBust

It looks like picks 6-8 are pretty weak. TRADING DOWN with someone who wants QB seems to be a very real possibility.

Then you can get someone like Surtain/Farley PLUS a 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

Without knowing how the board shakes out ahead of our pick, it does seem like that potentially could be the best scenario.  This team needs as much young talent (on cheap rookie contracts) as possible.  But the most important thing is, we absolutely need to hit on some elite talent - we need a difference-maker with one of our top picks.

• Like 2

I don't mind trading down if it's safe and we still land the guy  (or one of the guys) we want. I'd prefer to end up with Surtain, but Farley if Surtain is gone.

• Like 1

Given where we are drafting I think there's a lot of options on the table. We could trade down and pick up some extra picks (and my god don't we need that). We could trade up if there is a stud player we absolutely love but I very much doubt we will.

As others have said staying put comes down to how the board shakes out ahead of us. 

More picks clearly means nothing to this team. I don’t give a damn what they do (trade up, trade down, or stay put) but their first pick must be a hit! I think they should stay put if one of the two WRs are still on the board. If they are both gone, then trading back might be the best move.

• Like 1

i just hope picks from round 1 thru 4 can make a huge impact on playing time which means they were a hit pick. the rest of the picks make the rotation.

• Like 1

No. This team lacks star players. Best chance to land one is at #6. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Given where we are drafting I think there's a lot of options on the table. We could trade down and pick up some extra picks (and my god don't we need that). We could trade up if there is a stud player we absolutely love but I very much doubt we will.

As others have said staying put comes down to how the board shakes out ahead of us. 

Well if the Jets are dumb enough to pass on Fields and he’s sitting there on the board at #3... I’d be getting Miami on the phone. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, SBorBust said:

It looks like picks 6-8 are pretty weak. TRADING DOWN with someone who wants QB seems to be a very real possibility.

Then you can get someone like Surtain/Farley PLUS a 2nd round pick.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, time2rock said:

Without knowing how the board shakes out ahead of our pick, it does seem like that potentially could be the best scenario.  This team needs as much young talent (on cheap rookie contracts) as possible.  But the most important thing is, we absolutely need to hit on some elite talent - we need a difference-maker with one of our top picks.

This would be my ideal. If we can trade down 3-4 spots and pick up a second and still pick up Surtain/Farley that would be a big win. We can then potentially add interior OL and another D player in the early second (we have needs all over the D).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nipples said:

No. This team lacks star players. Best chance to land one is at #6. 

Well if the Jets are dumb enough to pass on Fields and he’s sitting there on the board at #3... I’d be getting Miami on the phone. 

Exactly my thoughts

I would look at a 6 / 9 swap with Denver who is probably going to want a QB. If you can get a couple of teams bidding on the pick to get a Zach Wilson you might make out really well and still get the same guy you wanted at 6. Based on the trade value chart a 2 for that swap is too much, but a 3 isn't enough so maybe you get a 3 and a 5.

DET CAR DEN all might want to trade up a couple spots. 

That could net a third and only drop the Eagles down a few spots. 

Especially if Chase/Smith/Surtain/Farley would still be around. 

29 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This would be my ideal. If we can trade down 3-4 spots and pick up a second and still pick up Surtain/Farley that would be a big win. We can then potentially add interior OL and another D player in the early second (we have needs all over the D).

I really do not have a preference for staying put or moving down.  I just want to add an elite talent.  If we can do that and still pick up extra picks so be it.  

Trade Wentz and Hurts for first round picks. Have 3 firsts. Draft a qb, wr, and OT. 

We may not have a choice but to trade down. We're going to have to field a lot of young guys as we watch Howie get out of cap hell.

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed. As nice as it would be to get the top shiny new WR, this team is not even close to one player away. We have a ton of holes and where we don’t have holes we have aging players. I’d even be open to trading down 3-4 spots twice to end up around pick 14-15 and pick up 2 extra second round picks. 

8 hours ago, T-1000 said:

I would look at a 6 / 9 swap with Denver who is probably going to want a QB. If you can get a couple of teams bidding on the pick to get a Zach Wilson you might make out really well and still get the same guy you wanted at 6. Based on the trade value chart a 2 for that swap is too much, but a 3 isn't enough so maybe you get a 3 and a 5.

Man I can't see denver dumping even more resources into the QB position that early. They might be worse then us. 

• 3 months later...