Jim Leonhard (Wisconsin DC) -- Defensive Coordinator

Godfather

I love this idea and think he's going to be a stud DC at the NFL level. I just think he's going to want to run a 3-4 having played mostly in it and coached that at Wisconsin. Add in our complete lack of LBs and it's  a bad fit. 

That's what the draft is for lol. Eagles could make a few moves to make 3-4 happen. 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

That's what the draft is for lol. Eagles could make a few moves to make 3-4 happen. 

The draft is not for transitioning your defense in one offseason. You'd have to ignore way too many other issues. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

The draft is not for transitioning your defense in one offseason. You'd have to ignore way too many other issues. 

Obviously you're not going to completely fix everything in one year. If they bring a guy like Leonard in, it's a pretty deep class at the CB, and S position which this team needs a lot of help at. The dline is good and intact. It's a good jumping off point at revamping a defense that's needed change for the past couple years

Just now, Godfather said:

Obviously you're not going to completely fix everything in one year. If they bring a guy like Leonard in, it's a pretty deep class at the CB, and S position which this team needs a lot of help at. The dline is good and intact. It's a good jumping off point at revamping a defense that's needed change for the past couple years

We have 0 LBs for his scheme. You're asking to bring in 4 starters. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

We have 0 LBs for his scheme. You're asking to bring in 4 starters. 

Singleton :wub:

9 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Singleton :wub:

He's not a 3-4 LB. plus he's a FA. No saying he returns to play in a new scheme. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He's not a 3-4 LB. plus he's a FA. No saying he returns to play in a new scheme. 

TJ could play 3-4. We agree it'll take more then a year to transition. If this team wants to compete for a championship outside the box thinking is needed. A hire like this could help. I saw people in the blog were saying reports are saying Burke will take over. That's another 10 loss season with that type of laziness 

47 minutes ago, Godfather said:

TJ could play 3-4. We agree it'll take more then a year to transition. If this team wants to compete for a championship outside the box thinking is needed. A hire like this could help. I saw people in the blog were saying reports are saying Burke will take over. That's another 10 loss season with that type of laziness 

I'd rather see Flajole pro,opted to DC than anyone else on the staff. He's done the most with the least imo. 

36 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I'd rather see Flajole pro,opted to DC than anyone else on the staff. He's done the most with the least imo. 

I want to see someone on the outside get it. Fresh voice