WENTZ WANTS A TRADE OFFSEASON

dsryan24

Now with a report that Carson Wentz wants out, they are going to have to do a bunch of maneuvering with his contract. They expect that Jalen Hurts will be the answer at QB now. Doug is coming back, but there will need to be changes made. Schwartz isn't coming back already.

COACHING- OC- Ken Dorsey (Bills QB Coach)- Dorsey was the QB Coach for Cam in his MVP season, and also for Josh Allen this season. He has a good reputation with running QBs and could be a nice ear for Jalen Hurts. Dorsey also takes over as primary QB Coach.  DC- Dan Quinn (Former Falcons HC)- Quinn is a proven top defensive coordinator, as he was instrumental with the LOB in their prime. Put similar players in place, and he will make this defense bakck to where it needs to be. OTHER CHANGES- Press Taylor becomes Offensive Assistant and Assistant QB Coach.

RESTRUCTURED- A lot of restructuring will need to be done to work with this cap. 

DT Fletcher Cox, K Jake Elliott, DE Brandon Graham, C Jason Kelce, OG Brandon Brooks, OT Lane Johnson, CB Darius Slay ($60 Mill in Cap space saved by restructuring) 

RESIGNED- QB Nate Sudfeld (2 years) S Jalen Mills (2 years), LB Alex Singleton (3 years), RB Jordan Howard (1 year), TE Richard Rodgers (1 year), S Rudy Ford (1 year),  ($7 Mill total cap hit)

FREE AGENTS- QB Robert Griffin III (1 year), DE Charles Harris (1 year) ($3 mill total cap hit)

RELEASED/RETIRED/NOT RETURNING- OT Jason Peters, WR DeSean Jackson, WR Alshon Jeffery, DE Vinny Curry, DT Hassan Ridgeway, S Rodney McLeod, RB Corey Clement, CB Cre'Von LeBlanc, DT T.Y. McGill, DE Genard Avery, G Matt Pryor, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR Marquise Goodwin ($31 Mill in Cap Space Saved)

TRADES-  QB Carson Wentz and 2022 6th round pick traded to Indianapolis for 2021 2nd round pick and 2022 3rd round pick, turns to 2nd if Wentz makes playoffs by 2022.

TE Zach Ertz traded to New England for 2021 4th round & 2022 5th round pick.

DT Malik Jackson traded to Kansas City for 2021 6th round pick.

DRAFT- Getting as much support on defense is crucial for this team, but also making sure Jalen Hurts has as much support as possible is crucial. 

ROUND 1- DeVonta Smith WR Alabama- Hurts get a weapon from Alabama, reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown or Marvin Harrison. Excellent route runner, doesn't drop anything. 

ROUND 2- Derion Kendrick CB Clemson-The 2nd round and 3rd round is going to look similar to how the eagles drafted in 2002 with Sheppard, Brown and Lewis. Kendrick starts the much needed reload in the defensive backfield.

ROUND 2 (from IND)- Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State- CB is a huge need as always it seems like. Samuel has a lot of the same insticts as his Dad has, and could be a nice fill in right away and take over in the slot right away and let Maddox be used as a 3rd safety, dime back, and depth, which he is better off for.

ROUND 3- Trevon Moehrig S TCU-  Quinn gets his Earl Thomas type at the top of the 3rd round in Moehrig. Moehrig is a Centerfielder and could prove to be a steal here at thsi point in the third round. The top 4 picks here all make immediate impacts.

ROUND 4 (from NE)-Justyn Ross WR Clemson- Ross drops off a bit due to injury concerns, but was initially a lock to be a first round pick before getting injured. Would not be surprised he goes back to school. 

ROUND 5- Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio StateRuckert has good hands and could be a nice redzone threat right off the bat. He is a nice old fashioned possesion TE like a Jason Witten. (Not saying he is Jason Witten)

ROUND 5 (from DAL)- Ronnie Perkins EDGE OklahomaWe are definitely going to need more edge rushers with this likely being Brandon Graham's last year in midnight green and Josh Sweat due for an extension after next year as well. Perkins can be a rotational DE that comes in for pass rush situations.

ROUND 6-Jordan WIlliams DT Clemson- With Malik Jackson gone, some depth along the interior DL will be needed. Williams is a big body that could come in similar to Beau Allen and help in running situations. FOr now he is just depth

ROUND 6 (from KC)- Amari Gainer LB Florida StateGainer is a very rangy LB, that could of benefited from coming back for another season most likely, but could potentially become something with good coaching.

ROUND 7- Roger McCreary CB Auburn- More depth in the defensive backfield. McCreary has the length and build to eventually contribute Iniitially will probably be a game day scratch with rosters likely going back to 46 on game day.

DEPTH CHART

OFFENSE

QB- Hurts, Griffin III, Sudfeld

RB- Sanders, Howard, Scott, Holyfield

WR- Smith, Fulgham, Reagor, Ross, Hightower, Watkins

TE- Goedert, Rodgers, Ruckert

LT- Mailata, Dillard

LG- Seumalo, Herbig

C- Kelce, Seumalo

RG- Brooks, Driscoll

RT- Johnson, Driscoll

DEFENSE

LE- Graham, Sweat, Perkins

DT- Cox, J.Williams

DT- Hargrave, R.Williams

RE- Barnett, Harris, Ostman

LB- Singleton, Taylor, Gainer

LB- Edwards, Bradley, Smith

CB- Slay, James

CB- Kendrick, Seymour

NB- Samuel Jr., Maddox

FS- Moehrig, Maddox,  Epps

SS- Mills, Wallace, Ford

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dsryan24 said:

ROUND 3- Trevon Moehrig S TCU-  Quinn gets his Earl Thomas type at the top of the 3rd round in Moehrig. Moehrig is a Centerfielder and could prove to be a steal here at thsi point in the third round. The top 4 picks here all make immediate impacts.

He might be one of the most slept on players in this draft. 

Very nice mock, I love the focus on the secondary and still being able to land DeVonta Smith in the first while doing so.

Chase, Smith and Surtain are the 3 players I will focus on in the offseason. 

I love it just for the fact that you didn't say "Samuels.".  But, seriously...good draft but I'd love to see them address the offensive line some. 

You had me until you said RE-SIGN Sudfeld!!!!

hahahahahahahhaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahajaj

19 hours ago, Cloviseagle said:

You had me until you said RE-SIGN Sudfeld!!!!

hahahahahahahhaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahajaj

also note this was posted before last night's game. Sudfeld probably played his last NFL game last night, honestly.

3 hours ago, dsryan24 said:

also note this was posted before last night's game. Sudfeld probably played his last NFL game last night, honestly.

I know buddy I was just giving you a hard time. You sure jinxed it for Sudfeld though lol

If you're gonna go this way, you get one we in the first and that's it. At least give us a lber in the 4th. I don't really know the players but it needs to be a higher priority.

Thanks - I like the thinking. 

Cut McCloud? Why did you go with that move?

After the past couple of years short corners have become my pet peeve. Let's get a 6 foot plus sub 4.5 guy instead of Samuel and place Maddox back into the slot. 

Love the thought of resigning Howard but hate resigning Mills. 

Keep your thoughts coming I appreciate them. 

13 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Cut McCloud? Why did you go with that move?

The McLeod one was is tough one. He's our best safety when healthy and to be honest I think this team needs him... But he's also now recovering from a torn ACL and so I'm not sure he's going to be ready to start the season? 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The McLeod one was is tough one. He's our best safety when healthy and to be honest I think this team needs him... But he's also now recovering from a torn ACL and so I'm not sure he's going to be ready to start the season? 

Got it - but don't you think he'll be available sometime in the 1st half of the year. Plus - can you cut a guy who is injured? I thought that was taboo. 

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

Got it - but don't you think he'll be available sometime in the 1st half of the year. Plus - can you cut a guy who is injured? I thought that was taboo. 

I'm not sure on the rules with cutting players who can't pass a physical to be honest. He'll likely miss a fair proportion of the year and I guess if they can cut him to save money they may? This team isn't competing next year.