Who should the Eagles take at 6?

Ray75

Eagles own the 6th overall pick  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Eagles select at 6 if fan favorite JaMarr Chase is off the board?

• Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama;
    • Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State;
    • Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama;
    • Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan;
    • Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami;
    • Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech;

Top 5 prediction;

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence;

2) NY Jets - Justin Fields;

3) Miami Dolphins - Penei Sewell;

4) Atlanta Falcons - Zack Wilson;

5) Cincinnati Bengals - JaMarr Chase 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

God this is tough. I think I'd go Smith...

I did too because I’m hopeful a quality corner falls to them at the top of the second.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

How the heck do you make a poll like that? Pretty cool.

Easy! Start a topic, click on content and choose poll.

• Like 1

Do you think the Bengals really take Chase? They have two young and really good WRs

8 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

Do you think the Bengals really take Chase? They have two young and really good WRs

I wouldn’t count it out if Sewell is off the board. If not, the Eagles should sprint to the (digital) podium.

• Like 2

Ray, could we have 'small trade back' as a 7th option? :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

Ray, could we have 'small trade back' as a 7th option? :P

C3C277A8-6CA1-405B-8636-622392A3A6E4.gif

• Like 1

Depednds on what they do with Barnett and his $10M contract. If he goes, which I think is about a 1 in 3 possibility, then Paye is the call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Depednds on what they do with Barnett and his $10M contract. If he goes, which I think is about a 1 in 3 possibility, then Paye is the call. 

If Barnett goes then my god... They create yet another hole on this roster. I mean don't get me wrong, Barnett isn't a stud but he's a pretty good DE and he's still young in terms of age. 

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Barnett goes then my god... They create yet another hole on this roster. I mean don't get me wrong, Barnett isn't a stud but he's a pretty good DE and he's still young in terms of age. 

Even at $10M ??

9 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Even at $10M ??

That's pretty cheap to be honest. And I'm not sure they have a choice at this point? They can't afford to let him walk and create another hole on this roster. 

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's pretty cheap to be honest. And I'm not sure they have a choice at this point? They can't afford to let him walk and create another hole on this roster. 

Or you offer him a longterm deal with an average annual salary of about 10 million but reduce his cap hit for this year freeing up space to get under the cap.

• Like 2

I'm trading back and looking to garner future pick(s).

Howie will draft the DE, Paye.

9 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I'm trading back and looking to garner future pick(s).

Howie will draft the DE, Paye.

Exactly what I’ve been saying from the get-go. You only have to take a look at their draft tendencies for that. It’s always DL, OL and occasionally WR and with BG getting older, Barnett on a 5th year option and Sweat entering the last year of his rookie deal, you could definitely make an argument for going DE in the first.

The only problem I might have with that is that especially this year the value might not be there in the top 10.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Or you offer him a longterm deal with an average annual salary of about 10 million but reduce his cap hit for this year freeing up space to get under the cap.

If he'd accept that kind of deal I'd absolutely do that yeah. 

36 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying from the get-go. You only have to take a look at their draft tendencies for that. It’s always DL, OL and occasionally WR and with BG getting older, Barnett on a 5th year option and Sweat entering the last year of his rookie deal, you could definitely make an argument for going DE in the first.

The only problem I might have with that is that especially this year the value might not be there in the top 10.

Of course the value won't be there. That's Howie...that's what he does...that's all he does.

Listen and understand...

That Roseman is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity or remorse, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop until this team is dead!!!!!

Terminator I Most frightening dialogue - YouTube

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Of course the value won't be there. That's Howie...that's what he does...that's all he does.

Listen and understand...

That Roseman is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity or remorse, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop until this team is dead!!!!!

Terminator I Most frightening dialogue - YouTube

If I was Lurie I’d say to Howie...

E75ADA5D-3BF7-4EA5-9743-4D6D9534E331.gif