Eagles restructure Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson

Road to Victory

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

The #Eagles have restructured the contracts for WR Alshon Jeffery and DT Malik Jackson, sources say. Gives the team some salary cap relief in 2021 and forces them to make a decision on the players sooner, so they have a resolution in the spring.

I hope Howie didn’t just kick the can further down the road. 

32 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Interesting.  Without any other info, I'd guess he's using 2020 cap space to buy out future years, so he can release these guys earlier without the cap hit. 

9 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Interesting.  Without any other info, I'd guess he's using 2020 cap space to buy out future years, so he can release these guys earlier without the cap hit. 

This. Cap genie is at work. A shame he sucks at talent evaluation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I doubt he is bud. This frees up cap space and allows us to release both before June. This is a move made that suits both sides because it means both Alshon and Malik can get out there early in FA.

I heard in a YouTube vid that this is supposed to provide an additional $21mil if they are cut after June 1st. Not sure where the guy got his info from so keep that in mind. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

I heard in a YouTube vid that this is supposed to provide an additional $21mil if they are cut after June 1st. Not sure where the guy got his info from so keep that in mind. 

Over the cap has an article about it. That is true, they save $21m this year but add $13m in 2022.

• Like 2