Rhamondre Stevenson (Oklahoma RB) -- DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND #120

judunno

A big back that's a great runner, great vision and block reading, if he's there in the 3rd that should be a no brainer.  

Your best defense is a ball controlling offense, big backs give you ball control by keeping the chains moving.

1. CB

2. WR

3. RB

4. Defense 

5.  Defense

6.  Defense

7. Defense

• 1 month later...

Just so you guys know, the Chiefs lost yesterday because they didn't have a power running game.

When a DC doubles like Boles did it's time to bring in a tackle breaking power runner like Stevenson, after he eats them up on the ground they'll take it or bring in support from the safeties. leaving their WRs open.

Who's surprised AR got outcoached by a DC?

• Like 1

I heard from someone prior to last season that we have 12 quality backs. So I dont see the need. 

15 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I heard from someone prior to last season that we have 12 quality backs. So I dont see the need. 

Which one is the power runner?

23 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Holyfield

That's who they should have brought up to help Wentz out, while he runs hard I wouldn't exactly call him a power back, I thought the kid from Cincinnati could have served in that role but I think was cut. 

Without a doubt Stevenson is a power back that the Eagles desperately need, when the passing game isn't working hand the ball of to him, he'll keep the chains moving.  

Stevenson is an overall great runner, great vision, utilizes blocks well, defenders get square shots on him and it's like they ran into a brick wall because they bounce off of him while he doesn't move at all, he also seems to be a natural at receiving.

Stevenson in round 3 if he's there!!

13 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Would love to have a 230-lb RB to pair with Sanders, who seems to always get dinged.

Image result for jordan howard

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Image result for jordan howard

I’d be on board — and wouldn’t it be something if Sirianni’s coaching staff used some of these guys properly?

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, EagleVA said:

A big back that's a great runner, great vision and block reading, if he's there in the 3rd that should be a no brainer.  

He’s rated as like a 7th rd/UDFA prospect.  I can see taking a flyer on him during the 2nd half of day 3 but definitely not rd 3.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

He’s rated as like a 7th rd/UDFA prospect.  I can see taking a flyer on him during the 2nd half of day 3 but definitely not rd 3.  

This is why so many steals at RB happen, most don't have a clue as to what to look for in a RB, have you noticed his vision, usages of blocks and the number of times defenders have a nice square hit on him only bounce off of him like they ran into a granite statue?

A power running game sustains drives and opens up passing attacks, it's truly a QBs friend, see Emmit Smith and Troy Aikman.as an example.  

Open field ankle breakers puts fans in the stands but power runners put Lombardi's in the trophy case......see Blount and Ajayi.

If I were in charge of the draft and he's there in round 3 he's an Eagle, if dumbarse didn't trade away our 4th I'd get him there but....

Moreover, the ratings are total BS, for instance, what do you think KC has Trevor Lawrence rated as?  I can tell you now he's not even on their board.  Point being, that value of a player depends on what you need as a team, the Eagles need a power runner to pair with Sanders.

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

This is why so many steals at RB happen, most don't have a clue as to what to look for in a RB, have you noticed his vision, usages of blocks and the number of times defenders have a nice square hit on him only bounce off of him like they ran into a granite statue?

A power running game sustains drives and opens up passing attacks, it's truly a QBs friend, see Emmit Smith and Troy Aikman.as an example.  

Open field ankle breakers puts fans in the stands but power runners put Lombardi's in the trophy case......see Blount and Ajayi.

If I were in charge of the draft and he's there in round 3 he's an Eagle, if dumbarse didn't trade away our 4th I'd get him there but....

Moreover, the ratings are total BS, for instance, what do you think KC has Trevor Lawrence rated as?  I can tell you now he's not even on their board.  Point being, that value of a player depends on what you need as a team, the Eagles need a power runner to pair with Sanders.

I agree with your point about the benefit of having a power running game to make an offense more complete and to be perfectly honest, I can't pretend to know anything about Stevenson other than what I've read about his ranking on some draft sites.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, judunno said:

Bump and thank you. 3rd or 4th please. 

4th would be lovely. Go back to back defense at #37 and #70, then go Stevenson in the 4th.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

4th would be lovely. Go back to back defense at #37 and #70, then go Stevenson in the 4th.

Fearing a run on backs to end the third

Has some character concerns but if he falls to 125 I would be shocked if the eagles skip on him

27 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Has some character concerns but if he falls to 125 I would be shocked if the eagles skip on him

This looks like a pretty bad draft for RBs. What were the character concerns missed that?

5 hours ago, judunno said:

This looks like a pretty bad draft for RBs. What were the character concerns missed that?

FWIW Marijuana use - failed drug test.

Here's an article about it if you're interested.

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-sooners-rb-rhamondre-stevenson-stayed-focused-through-ncaa-suspension

• Like 1

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Good thing it's legal now in most states I guess 🙂

Lol ya not a big deal in general but it did cause him to miss games this year because he was not following the ncaa rules. Not good judgement.

but! With the nfl no longer suspending players for weed under the new CBA I don’t think it’s a big deal. He should be the number 1 target in round 4. Jabril Cox is up there too.