What did Jeff Lurie Say at the Presser?

wrestlevessel

He said "I Luv Me Sum Howie".  He probably won't talk until March or April.

• Haha 4

March or April? Seriously? After this horrible season and now the media black balling his team. Go sell the team Lurie lol.

3 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

March or April? Seriously? After this horrible season and now the media black balling his team. Go sell the team Lurie lol.

He had Doug and Howie talk yesterday. So, that most likely signals they will be returning. So, at this point, Lurie probably doesn't want to field questions about it.  According to Michael Silver at NFLNetwork, Lurie hasn't decided anything. But, I just don't see Howie and Doug having a joint presser unless Lurie signed off on it.

They said Lurie was embarrassed to attend games this season and pissed off. And he does nothing? LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

They said Lurie was embarrassed to attend games this season and pissed off. And he does nothing? LOL

He will probably meet with Doug this week. Doug said that coaches and players would be evaluated when he was asked if all the coaches would return. So, that made it sound like there might be some changes. But, I'm not expecting much.  I don't see how Press Taylor can keep his job with how Wentz regressed.  Also, all of these consultants...seems pointless.

• Like 1

I'm sure Lurie's been saying a lot of things lately, and that various people have been saying a lot of things to him.

Interesting to reflect that no one posting here knows what any of those things are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wyote said:

I'm sure Lurie's been saying a lot of things lately, and that various people have been saying a lot of things to him.

Interesting to reflect that no one posting here knows what any of those things are. 

It's more fun to make things up.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

This came up yesterday, and he has given his "state of the union" in March usually.  Last year because of COVID he did it in June.  The year after the SB he did it in August.   He doesn't give PCs this soon after the season.  The coach and GM do, and they already did that on Monday.

Calm down, wipe the saliva off your chin and strap in for a long offseason.  Howie and Doug will be back.  They will hire a new DC (or 4 consultants!) and purge/restructure contracts to get under the cap and then wait for the draft.

• Like 1

I remember when Chip got fired he had a press conference in like January. Dam so we are stuck with all these idiots. Doesn't he knows the phrase trying the same thing over and over again is insanity. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, CaliEagle said:

He had Doug and Howie talk yesterday. So, that most likely signals they will be returning. So, at this point, Lurie probably doesn't want to field questions about it.  According to Michael Silver at NFLNetwork, Lurie hasn't decided anything. But, I just don't see Howie and Doug having a joint presser unless Lurie signed off on it.

Lurie hiding like a coward.

Jeffrey Lurie needs time to become more emotionally intelligent in preparation of his response to the season. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea because he should be kind and considerate when he fires Howie Roseman.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I have that very dream every night. Every time I close my eyes in fact. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Jeffrey Lurie needs time to become more emotionally intelligent in preparation of his response to the season. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea because he should be kind and considerate when he fires Howie Roseman.

Is firing a guy with extreme prejudice considered kind and considerate? 😂

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, CaliEagle said:

He will probably meet with Doug this week. Doug said that coaches and players would be evaluated when he was asked if all the coaches would return. So, that made it sound like there might be some changes. But, I'm not expecting much.  I don't see how Press Taylor can keep his job with how Wentz regressed.  Also, all of these consultants...seems pointless.

Consultants are Scapegoats with no power, who can be sacrificed at Howie's alter at the end of the season and be blamed for anything and everything. How were they supposed to help when they had 0 authority? DP called all the plays and Howie did all the picking.

• Like 1

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

Consultants are Scapegoats with no power, who can be sacrificed at Howie's alter at the end of the season and be blamed for anything and everything. How were they supposed to help when they had 0 authority? DP called all the plays and Howie did all the picking.

So far no coaches and a retiring Schwartz. Not a lot of accountability yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just slide Press Taylor over to OC and say something like "He has such a bright mind. He had too much on his plate with all his roles last season and he will be able to focus on his sole role of just being the OC".  It would be par for the course.  Not many OCs are going to want to come to Philly to have Doug call most of the plays. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

So far no coaches and a retiring Schwartz. Not a lot of accountability yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just slide Press Taylor over to OC and say something like "He has such a bright mind. He had too much on his plate with all his roles last season and he will be able to focus on his sole role of just being the OC".  It would be par for the course.  Not many OCs are going to want to come to Philly to have Doug call most of the plays. 

No one who is any good will come to Philly, because DP insists on calling the plays. Our Cap is Sh.... and the man in charge of drafting is Howie the Idiot.