Jump to content

What did Jeff Lurie Say at the Presser?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

March or April? Seriously? After this horrible season and now the media black balling his team. Go sell the team Lurie lol.

He had Doug and Howie talk yesterday. So, that most likely signals they will be returning. So, at this point, Lurie probably doesn't want to field questions about it.  According to Michael Silver at NFLNetwork, Lurie hasn't decided anything. But, I just don't see Howie and Doug having a joint presser unless Lurie signed off on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wrestlevessel said:

They said Lurie was embarrassed to attend games this season and pissed off. And he does nothing? LOL

He will probably meet with Doug this week. Doug said that coaches and players would be evaluated when he was asked if all the coaches would return. So, that made it sound like there might be some changes. But, I'm not expecting much.  I don't see how Press Taylor can keep his job with how Wentz regressed.  Also, all of these consultants...seems pointless.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure Lurie's been saying a lot of things lately, and that various people have been saying a lot of things to him.

Interesting to reflect that no one posting here knows what any of those things are. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wyote said:

I'm sure Lurie's been saying a lot of things lately, and that various people have been saying a lot of things to him.

Interesting to reflect that no one posting here knows what any of those things are. 

It's more fun to make things up.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

March or April? Seriously? After this horrible season and now the media black balling his team. Go sell the team Lurie lol.

This came up yesterday, and he has given his "state of the union" in March usually.  Last year because of COVID he did it in June.  The year after the SB he did it in August.   He doesn't give PCs this soon after the season.  The coach and GM do, and they already did that on Monday.

Calm down, wipe the saliva off your chin and strap in for a long offseason.  Howie and Doug will be back.  They will hire a new DC (or 4 consultants!) and purge/restructure contracts to get under the cap and then wait for the draft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, CaliEagle said:

He had Doug and Howie talk yesterday. So, that most likely signals they will be returning. So, at this point, Lurie probably doesn't want to field questions about it.  According to Michael Silver at NFLNetwork, Lurie hasn't decided anything. But, I just don't see Howie and Doug having a joint presser unless Lurie signed off on it.

Lurie hiding like a coward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeffrey Lurie needs time to become more emotionally intelligent in preparation of his response to the season. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea because he should be kind and considerate when he fires Howie Roseman.

 

 

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Jeffrey Lurie needs time to become more emotionally intelligent in preparation of his response to the season. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea because he should be kind and considerate when he fires Howie Roseman.

 

 

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Is firing a guy with extreme prejudice considered kind and considerate? 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, CaliEagle said:

He will probably meet with Doug this week. Doug said that coaches and players would be evaluated when he was asked if all the coaches would return. So, that made it sound like there might be some changes. But, I'm not expecting much.  I don't see how Press Taylor can keep his job with how Wentz regressed.  Also, all of these consultants...seems pointless.

Consultants are Scapegoats with no power, who can be sacrificed at Howie's alter at the end of the season and be blamed for anything and everything. How were they supposed to help when they had 0 authority? DP called all the plays and Howie did all the picking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Traveler Vic said:

Consultants are Scapegoats with no power, who can be sacrificed at Howie's alter at the end of the season and be blamed for anything and everything. How were they supposed to help when they had 0 authority? DP called all the plays and Howie did all the picking.

So far no coaches and a retiring Schwartz. Not a lot of accountability yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just slide Press Taylor over to OC and say something like "He has such a bright mind. He had too much on his plate with all his roles last season and he will be able to focus on his sole role of just being the OC".  It would be par for the course.  Not many OCs are going to want to come to Philly to have Doug call most of the plays. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

So far no coaches and a retiring Schwartz. Not a lot of accountability yet.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just slide Press Taylor over to OC and say something like "He has such a bright mind. He had too much on his plate with all his roles last season and he will be able to focus on his sole role of just being the OC".  It would be par for the course.  Not many OCs are going to want to come to Philly to have Doug call most of the plays. 

No one who is any good will come to Philly, because DP insists on calling the plays. Our Cap is Sh.... and the man in charge of drafting is Howie the Idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...