My Dream Mock (01-08-2021)

Ray75

No offsesaon this time around, only a Wentz trade 

Sure, if they roll with Hurts, I can see them bringing in a "cheap” veteran backup and even use a pick on a QB but don’t want to go into detail about that here.

So basically it’s all about a Wentz trade and what I’d love them to do in the draft. I’m getting a bit tired of projecting who the assistant coaches are going to be and who we should keep, trade or flat out cut. We’ll just have to wait and see what they have in store. Probably going to disappoint us anyway. 😢

Just wanted to focus on the draft...

Trade;

Carson Wentz to either the Colts, Niners, Patriots or Broncos for a 2nd in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022

Sorry but I just can’t see anyone offering a 1st for Wentz, even two 2nd’s or the haul I just suggested seems far fetched at this point. We’d be lucky if we get a day two pick and change but for the sake of the argument I threw in a 3rd next year.

Draft;

1) JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU;

2) Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia;

2) Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU;

3) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU;

5) Alex Lindstrom, OC, Boston College;

5) Myjai Sanders, DE, Cincinnati;

6) Marco Wilson, CB, Florida;

6) Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue (comp pick);

6) Charlie Kolar, TE, Iowa State (comp pick);

7) Sadarius Hutcherson, OT/OG, South Carolina;

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Draft;

1) JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU;

2) Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia;

2) Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU;

3) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU;

5) Alex Lindstrom, OC, Boston College;

1232234653_albundy.gif.2ed6f3c8f039874bdb0562ab4adbdae9.gif

Simply perfect. :worthy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice - I'm with you through the 5th and I particularly love the 2nd round. 

Take a look at Rochell - at 6'2" and 4.54 he looks like a Rasul Douglas clone to me. Granted we would have been better off with Rasul than Michael Jacquet, but Rasul disappointed us alot.  I'd be sitting on Chase Lucas at 6'0" 4.50, but I think you expect him to go back to school. 

I think we're okay at DT. Since you didn't predict a trade of Malik Jackson I'm assuming a room of Cox, Hargrave, Jackson, Williams, and Hester/McGill. Given that I'd look for another linebacker or safety. 

Finally, if we don't re-sign Howard we'll still need a big running back. 

10 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Nice - I'm with you through the 5th and I particularly love the 2nd round. 

Take a look at Rochell - at 6'2" and 4.54 he looks like a Rasul Douglas clone to me. Granted we would have been better off with Rasul than Michael Jacquet, but Rasul disappointed us alot.  I'd be sitting on Chase Lucas at 6'0" 4.50, but I think you expect him to go back to school. 

I think we're okay at DT. Since you didn't predict a trade of Malik Jackson I'm assuming a room of Cox, Hargrave, Jackson, Williams, and Hester/McGill. Given that I'd look for another linebacker or safety. 

Finally, if we don't re-sign Howard we'll still need a big running back. 

Thx.

Might have taken the wrong CB in the 6th. Looking for a more versatile corner who could play both inside and out. Ideas?!

Still think Malik will be gone. That restructure lowers his cap hit and makes him an ideal post june 1 cut candidate.

Thought about taking a back but believe we can fill that hole with an UDFA.

Btw; there’s a difference between being stubborn and confident. 😂

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I'd be sitting on Chase Lucas at 6'0" 4.50, but I think you expect him to go back to school. 

1 minute ago, Rob331 said:

Indeed...so I’m looking for new names. Jack Jones is one...

5 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

How about Marco Wilson, TJ Carter or Roger McCreary?!

• Like 1

I'll just pretend the first pick was Smith and say I like this mock of yours most so far..

And I still haven't given up on that first for Wentz. But let's see where the chips fall.

2 hours ago, Infam said:

I'll just pretend the first pick was Smith and say I like this mock of yours most so far..

And I still haven't given up on that first for Wentz. But let's see where the chips fall.

1 minute ago, Right4thePicking said:

I could see pittsburgh as a destination for Wentz also.

He’s going nowhere if Doug gets fired. Meeting with Lurie is today and if that doesn’t go well, we’ll probably hear it tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

He’s going nowhere if Doug gets fired. Meeting with Lurie is today and if that doesn’t go well, we’ll probably hear it tomorrow.

What a mistake that could turn out to be. I mean I don't think I'm underestimating it when I say getting the Carson decision wrong will set this organisation back years. If they keep him and can't turn him around (which i think is most likely) then this franchise is f'ed for years. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What a mistake that could turn out to be. I mean I don't think I'm underestimating it when I say getting the Carson decision wrong will set this organisation back years. If they keep him and can't turn him around (which i think is most likely) then this franchise is f'ed for years. 

Maybe...

But...the only way to know for sure is to hire a new HC who’ll bring in his own staff and scheme. Might do winders for Wentz...

Just now, Ray75 said:

Maybe...

But...the only way to know for sure is to hire a new HC who’ll bring in his own staff and scheme and bring him back.

I just think that's such a flawed way to try to turn things around. Hire a coach etc to try to turn around a flawed QB.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, Ray75 said:

How about Marco Wilson, TJ Carter or Roger McCreary?!

TJ Carter is someone I’ll be keeping an eye on leading up to the draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think that's such a flawed way to try to turn things around. Hire a coach etc to try to turn around a flawed QB.

You say flawed. I say salvageable elsewhere or here under a new regime.

44 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You say flawed. I say salvageable elsewhere or here under a new regime.

I guess we are going to find out. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess we are going to find out. 

Indeed! I’m a bit sad to be honest. 😢

Doug fired...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Indeed! I’m a bit sad to be honest. 😢

Doug fired...

Yeah I mean I am but not necessarily just because Doug has been fired. I find the whole thing a bit of a twisted joke. 

Hey Ray, Still going with Chase after last night and the Game Smith just had? 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:37 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Hey Ray, Still going with Chase after last night and the Game Smith just had? 

100 %! Chase all the way over Smith!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

100 %! Chase all the way over Smith!

I don't even think it's that close to be honest. I've been thinking about this and I just think Chase with the bigger body is better equipped to handle his role in the NFL. I like Smith a lot but I really think I'd go Chase.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't even think it's that close to be honest. I've been thinking about this and I just think Chase with the bigger body is better equipped to handle his role in the NFL. I like Smith a lot but I really think I'd go Chase.

Chase is a true X receiver, a dawg on the outside but you could deploy him all over the field.

Smith will be more of a finesse player in the NFL. With that frame of his, he won’t be able to box out DB’s like he did in college IMO.