Pederson's position "not firm"........

Greenakers2

Not surprised.  If the relationship is as bad as they say, Lurie loves Wentz more and will dump Doug.  Doesn't sadden me-I want a balanced offense but would hate to lose Stoutland.

• Like 1

Well, Lurie needs to make a decision very soon because other teams have started their coaching searches.  And, if he decides to can Doug, it would be wise to can Howie, too. I can't imagine us getting one of the top candidates with Howie there. Howie will also want to hire a "yes, man" that won't ask for personnel input.  

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Who said Doug's position is "not firm"? 

Look on espn, its the first headline..

Pederson to meet with owner....future shaky 

9 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Look on espn, its the first headline..

Pederson to meet with owner....future shaky 

Thanks, I just saw it, it came from Mortenson.

1 hour ago, Greenakers2 said:

Not surprised.  If the relationship is as bad as they say, Lurie loves Wentz more and will dump Doug.  Doesn't sadden me-I want a balanced offense but would hate to lose Stoutland.

And if so, Eric Bienemy probably is at the top of the list to replace Doug.

And if Doug is fired, I could see Doug go up the Turnpike and still bleed green, but with the Jets. 

And it's the exact kind of move I can see Chris and Woody Johnson make, taking Doug just like they did Adam Gase when he was fired by the Dolphins and the New York media slamming the Johnsons for it. 

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

And if so, Eric Bienemy probably is at the top of the list to replace Doug.

And if Doug is fired, I could see Doug go up the Turnpike and still bleed green, but with the Jets. 

I know people might not like it but I can see Duce being promoted and given a chance as HC.

Meh.

There's probably some sort of internal disagreement with keeping or releasing certain personnel (assistant coaches, etc).  They'll most likely come to some sort of agreement (possibly bringing in an O.C.) and they will likely come to an agreement of "seeing" significant improvement next season or they will likely part ways sort of thing.  In short,  this will likely be a "we need to get better or else we will need to part ways" sort of meeting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Problem is you're now behind on the coaching search.

That's my thing here. I mean what a freaking joke if they now make this decision. What can have changed in a week or so?

It's like putting a band aid on an amputation......unless you cutoff the head, there is no need to get rid of Doug.  Everyone EXCEPT Lurie can see that Howie is the issue!!

There are rumors about:

1. Doug wants out
2. Doug wants in
3. Lurie wants to keep Doug
4. Lurie want to trade Doug
5. Lurie wants to fire Doug
6. The Jets may want Doug
7. Nobody might want Doug
8. Dougy Doug Doug Doug

No of which has happened. All those beautiful clicks selling stories. Well, I guess the media has to make a living, so that's fine. I just don't believe any of it. What happens will happen whem it happens. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenakers2 said:

Learn to break news. Link, cite source, quote copy. We've had a lot of rumors and speculation about different things. We also have a pinned topic for coaching changes where you can post rumors. If something concrete happens we can have a topic for the Head Coach.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1