With Doug Fired, does he become the next Jets Head Coach?

Wallyhorse

Doug to the Jets?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will Doug Pederson become the next head coach of the New York Jets?

• Yes
    • No

This is to me EXACTLY what Chris and Woody Johnson (the Jets owners) would do.  They likely still see "Super Bowl champion head coach" and look to bring him up I-95, reuniting him with Joe Douglas.  Even the new morning show on 98.7 ESPN New York (Dave Rothenberg, Chris Canty and Rick DiPietro, 5-8 AM weekdays there) thought (before Doug was fired) this would make sense.

I think he should hold out and wait for a potentially better job. The Jets isn't a good job for anyone and Doug is a good coach. 

23 hours ago, eglz1 said:

If I were Doug I'd be working on the LAC opening. Jets just seem toxic for whatever reason.

Yup. Seems the best option but I would have wanted Bradley to stay 

Saleh is a strange hire for the Jest.  He's a defensive guy, and they have much publicized issues with Darnold, who will soon probably be replaced with Justin Fields.  Why not bring in somebody to help develop your young QBs?

We should rehire Doug. No one wants to come here. Like a top candidate is Duce Staley who has no idea what he is doing? Dam you Lurie and Roseman. You guys make this job so unappealing.

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

No one wants to come here

Sadly I think this is accurate. I'm not sure this is an appealing job. Perhaps to kick the tyres on an older guy who basically just wants back in? But not for a young exciting coach. Nobody wants to work with Howie.

27 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

We should rehire Doug. No one wants to come here. Like a top candidate is Duce Staley who has no idea what he is doing? Dam you Lurie and Roseman. You guys make this job so unappealing.

Sadly, this was also true last time we did a coaching search.  Everybody thought that Doug would maybe last a year, but he showed them wrong.  

Any Joe Brady rumors?  I think he's my ideal choice.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Saleh is a strange hire for the Jest.  He's a defensive guy, and they have much publicized issues with Darnold, who will soon probably be replaced with Justin Fields.  Why not bring in somebody to help develop your young QBs?

Not a bad hire getting 49ers OC Mike LaFleur. Garoppolo would have been a good quarterback, but he couldn't stay healthy.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/1/14/22232221/49ers-saleh-hiring-lafleur-as-new-jets-offensive-coordinator

• Like 1