Mike Kafka (Chiefs QB Coach) -- STAYING IN KANSAS CITY

Ray75

Was going to mention him for OC a while back but now that we’re are searching for a coach we shall see what road we take.. 

I like Robert salah think he would make a good coach 

22 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I like Robert salah think he would make a good coach 

I like Saleh quite a bit too but don't think Lurie will hire a defensive-minded coach as our new HC.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I like Saleh quite a bit too but don't think Lurie will hire a defensive-minded coach as our new HC.  

Would like for him with Ryan’s as the d cord. Value lb and the defense but doubt it happens

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not sure a young emerging defensive minded coach would want this job either? No young elite talent on defense and an organisation that need to go heavy offense to fix that side of the ball. 

No to Kafka. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Would like for him with Ryan’s as the d cord. Value lb and the defense but doubt it happens

I’d be completely down with that with a strong OC hire.  

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure a young emerging defensive minded coach would want this job either? No young elite talent on defense and an organisation that need to go heavy offense to fix that side of the ball. 

No to Kafka. 

If we could somehow fix our cap issues there should be a number of wr’s that reach free agency this year if you could pluck one of those like we did with Jeffrey wouldn’t have to invest a super high pick in wr.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

If we could somehow fix our cap issues there should be a number of wr’s that reach free agency this year if you could pluck one of those like we did with Jeffrey wouldn’t have to invest a super high pick in wr.

There's no sudden fix to this cap. This roster is going to stink next year as a result of Howie's decisions there's not really anyway around that.

Not sure Kafka is even qualified to be an NFL OC; it would be ludicrous to even interview him for a head coaching job.

If they hire Kafka, its only so they can have another yes man like Doug was. 

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

If they hire Kafka, its only so they can have another yes man like Doug was. 

Agreed. Unfortunately that's what they seem to want though. And basically just so they can have a fall guy a few years down the line. 

I don't like him but our new coach will be Mike Kafka.

Joe Judge was in a similar position in NE and went to the Giants and did pretty well. 

Plus, Kafka knows the organization and for Howie and Lurie that's a major plus.

5 minutes ago, Madriver said:

I don't like him but our new coach will be Mike Kafka.

Joe Judge was in a similar position in NE and went to the Giants and did pretty well. 

Plus, Kafka knows the organization and for Howie and Lurie that's a major plus.

He was? Last I checked Joe was a Special Teams Coordinator for 4 years which is a big difference over a QB coach. Don't see the comparison there. 

On 1/14/2021 at 11:26 AM, DeathByEagle said:

He was? Last I checked Joe was a Special Teams Coordinator for 4 years which is a big difference over a QB coach. Don't see the comparison there. 

Probably pretty close comparison in terms of totem pole position. ST coord may actually plan the week for his entire unit, but a QB coach has to work with the 1st team and have some semblance of the gameplan for the first unit.