Xavier Rhodes (Colts CB) -- RE-SIGNED WITH INDIANAPOLIS

ibleedgreen1990

As of now set to be a FA. Got his career back on track under Gannon and rumor has it that he is the main reason the Rhodes went to Indy in the first place. Could be a solid one or two year option to start opposite slay. 

As much as I believe Howie is going to get us some room with the cap I think Rhodes is out of our price range. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, 20dawk4life said:

As much as I believe Howie is going to get us some room with the cap I think Rhodes is out of our price range. 

Indeed! Malik Hooker, Anthony Walker or TJ Carrie might be more affortable though.

Rhodes would be a really good addition! And the link will be made because of Gannon. But he's going to be too expensive. As things stand we are going to be looking at depth pieces and nothing more to be honest. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They did that last year to be fair.

Yes but they also thought they were competing for a championship

39 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes but they also thought they were competing for a championship

Oh yeah I appreciate that. I am just saying they paid for an older corner last year so doing so again this year (when I think everyone recognises we are not competing anymore) would be a mistake.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh yeah I appreciate that. I am just saying they paid for an older corner last year so doing so again this year (when I think everyone recognises we are not competing anymore) would be a mistake.

Well they say they recognize it this year too. We will see how that holds up lol

There are younger, faster, and cheaper options in the draft.  Remember $65M over the salary cap?

• 1 month later...

Signed with Colts on a 1 year / $6.5 million deal. Lock it up.

I'm actually surprised they basically got him on another "prove-it" type contract after having a bounce back season with the Colts.

I guess we'll have to see what happens with Adoree Jackson if he makes it past the Giants on Monday. He'll likely command more money given that he's younger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Signed with Colts on a 1 year / $6.5 million deal. Lock it up.

I'm actually surprised they basically got him on another "prove-it" type contract after having a bounce back season with the Colts.

I guess we'll have to see what happens with Adoree Jackson if he makes it past the Giants on Monday. He'll likely command more money given that he's younger.

I am not surprised. Rhodes is an older player and see the colts have the potential to make a Super Bowl run. I think he wants to play for a team with a real chance. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I am not surprised. Rhodes is an older player and see the colts have the potential to make a Super Bowl run. I think he wants to play for a team with a real chance. 

That makes sense, he's 30 now so why not stick with a team that can make a playoff run.