Eagles Hire Tracy Rocker (Auburn DL Coach)

time2rock

Didn’t see a thread created for this, but recent reports indicate we’ve hired Auburn’s current DL coach Tracy Rocker (just hired by Auburn in January).  

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/24/22247375/eagles-tracy-rocker-hire-auburn-defensive-line-coach-philadelphia-jonathan-gannon-coaching-staff-nfl

He has a ton of DL coaching experience, mostly on the college level but did spend some time in the pros (Titans’ DL coach 2011-2013).  He has coached some notable players including our very own Trent Cole, DeMarcus Ware, Dee Ford, Greg Hardy, etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Good track record. I think the coaching staff is coming together nicely. 

Agreed. I am pleasantly surprised at the direction this whole thing has taken. Cleaning house is what I hoped for, but the choice of HC definitely took me by surprise. It's looking fresh.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Agreed. I am pleasantly surprised at the direction this whole thing has taken. Cleaning house is what I hoped for, but the choice of HC definitely took me by surprise. It's looking fresh.

He was due for a HC gig soon. Idk if here’s the best fit for a young guy like him but we’re gonna see how think his skin is 

I just hope they don't have to much success so soon that everyone gets poached. I think that's what really screwed Doug up, I don't think anyone thinks they are winning super bowls their 2nd year then having to rebuild your staff all over again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just hope they don't have to much success so soon that everyone gets poached. I think that's what really screwed Doug up, I don't think anyone thinks they are winning super bowls their 2nd year then having to rebuild your staff all over again. 

it was all josh mcdaniel's fault for backing out of the indy hc position. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wonder where Burke is going. 

Whilst unlikely, he still could be retained. His background is actually LBs. 

42 minutes ago, jblah said:

it was all josh mcdaniel's fault for backing out of the indy hc position. 

I heard it's wife's fault for not wanting to move to Indy. She practically forced him to stay in New England. She knew what she was getting herself into. She should have known his career would likely involve moving. If she didn't like moving/traveling, she shouldn't have married him.

Rocker has experience with Gannon. They were on the Titans together when Gannon was just an assistant. Very clear that Gannon must rate him and wanted him on the staff.

His biggest NFL success would be overseeing the development Jurrell Cassey, although most of his experience is at the college level

19 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I heard it's wife's fault for not wanting to move to Indy. She practically forced him to stay in New England. She knew what she was getting herself into. She should have known his career would likely involve moving. If she didn't like moving/traveling, she shouldn't have married him.

I wonder if this is the reason why McDaniels isn't the HC in philly. You have that PLUS the philly media. 

33 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

She didn't want to come to Philly after BC's wife and the Twitter account. Sounds like a move she'd make.

44 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

:blink:

This doesn’t make any sense. If she was so against moving, and was successful in talking him out of moving to Indy, then she could have just as easily talked him out of interviewing for the job in the first place. Or interviewing for ours. 

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Didn’t see a thread created for this, but recent reports indicate we’ve hired Auburn’s current DL coach Tracy Rocker (just hired by Auburn in January).  

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/24/22247375/eagles-tracy-rocker-hire-auburn-defensive-line-coach-philadelphia-jonathan-gannon-coaching-staff-nfl

He has a ton of DL coaching experience, mostly on the college level but did spend some time in the pros (Titans’ DL coach 2011-2013).  He has coached some notable players including our very own Trent Cole, DeMarcus Ware, Dee Ford, Greg Hardy, etc.

Probably the most talented part of the Eagles team. His job is probably the easiest. At least the wide nine is finally gone. 

I like this hire actually. I don't know a lot about Rocker but I like that he's coming from a good college and that he's developed some really good players. Player development needs to be one of the main focuses for Sirianni so if he can surround himself with guys with a proven track record then he's got a good chance of succeeding.

I hadn't realised that Matt Burke had left though?

11 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

She didn't want to come to Philly after BC's wife and the Twitter account. Sounds like a move she'd make.

Help me out I here I’m spacing out. Who’s BC?

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Probably the most talented part of the Eagles team. His job is probably the easiest. At least the wide nine is finally gone. 

We've had strong DL coaching for several years - I think hiring Rocker will allow that to continue, despite the change in scheme.  

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

42 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Ex Sixers GM

Bryan Colangelo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Remember Bryan Colangelo's Twitter mess with the 76ers?

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Remember Bryan Colangelo's Twitter mess with the 76ers?

Ahh not really. I’m a pretty casual Sixers fan. 

honestly thought we were talking Brent Celek’s wife at first lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Ahh not really. I’m a pretty casual Sixers fan. 

honestly thought we were talking Brent Celek’s wife at first lol

Cool, ok. Well it was a pretty big deal and the reason Colangelo lost his 76ers GM job. 😁