BYE SCREECH: DUSTIN DIAMOND PASSES AWAY AT 44

VaBeach_Eagle

'Saved by the Bell' star Dustin "Screech" Diamond diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma, rep says

The 'Saved by the Bell' actor revealed he had cancer earlier this month

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dustin-diamond-diagnosed-cancer-stage-4-small-cell-carcinoma

Dustin Diamond of "Saved by the Bell" has been diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma cancer, Fox News can reveal.

Known for playing Samuel "Screech" Powers on the beloved coming-of-age sitcom, the actor's spokesman, Roger Paul, confirmed his type of cancer on Thursday and also opened up about his current treatment.

"Dustin has completed his first round of Chemo and his next round is being scheduled. He will also begin his physical therapy soon," Paul said in a written statement.

Diamond's rep added that he is "looking forward to spending more time with his girlfriend, playing his bass guitar/video games, as well as making videos for his fans on social media."

Additionally, Diamond's rep said he's already begun receiving fan mail which is likely to lift his spirits.

Dustin Diamond has been diagnosed with stage 4 small cell carcinoma cancer, his rep confirmed to Fox News. (Noel Vasquez/Getty Images)

"We are forwarding the letters/cards to him to read in the hospital," Paul added.

For fans who would like to send a piece of fan mail to Diamond, Paul asked they be sent to Insurance King C/O Dustin Diamond, 127 N. Alpine Rd., Rockford, IL 61107.

Diamond's diagnosis comes a week after it was revealed he had been hospitalized. At the time, Paul said the actor was "waiting for more test results," but noted, "It's pretty bad."

In a statement shared on Diamond's Facebook page, a post read:  "All positivity and prayers are appreciated."

Apparantly, he's had a large lump on his neck for months but refused to go to the hospital because he is afraid of the paparazzi finding out.

It finally got so big that it was affecting the bloodflow to his brain and caused him to pass out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Apparantly, he's had a large lump on his neck for months but refused to go to the hospital because he is afraid of the paparazzi finding out.

It finally got so big that it was affecting the bloodflow to his brain and caused him to pass out. 

that’s just idiotic 

On 1/22/2021 at 10:52 AM, iladelphxx said:

...because he is afraid of the paparazzi finding out.

Is a 'relevant' enough 'celebrity' for them to care all that much about him that he has to worry about it?

On 1/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, homerpat said:

that’s just idiotic 

Well he always was a moron on tv and in real life

I once stole a bottle of vodka out of his VIP room at a bar in penn state years ago because he blew me off after I told him he had a cool mustache. True story....

• Haha 2

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/01/entertainment/dustin-diamond-obit/index.html

(CNN) - Dustin Diamond, who played the role of Screech on the popular 1990s high school comedy "Saved by the Bell," died Monday after a recent cancer diagnosis, according to Diamond's manager, Roger Paul.

He was 44.

Diamond first shared news of his cancer diagnosis last month.

At the time, his manager said his client's health was "serious" and that Diamond was undergoing further testing at a Florida hospital. He underwent his first round of chemotherapy days later.

An actor and stand-up comedian, Diamond found fame playing Samuel "Screech" Powers for more than a decade on the "Saved by the Bell" franchise.

The teen series was recently re-imagined by the Peacock streaming service with some of the original stars, though not Diamond.

maxresdefault.jpg

59 minutes ago, BFit said:

I once stole a bottle of vodka out of his VIP room at a bar in penn state years ago because he blew me off after I told him he had a cool mustache. True story....

And you said "I hope you get cancer!".  You did, didn't you?

• Haha 1

Damn that's crazy. Was he diagnosed awhile ago and just came out with it publicly recently?

RIP and F cancer

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Damn that's crazy. Was he diagnosed awhile ago and just came out with it publicly recently?

RIP and F cancer

He apparently had a huge lump for awhile and refused to go to the doctor?

• Like 1

Remember the weird episode where Zack stole Lisa from Screech and Screech wanted to fight him down by the old willow trees?  Then the following episode they were no longer together and it was like it never happened.  Zack was a friggin deekhead!  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Remember the weird episode where Zack stole Lisa from Screech and Screech wanted to fight him down by the old willow trees?  Then the following episode they were no longer together and it was like it never happened.  Zack was a friggin deekhead!  

They were all pretty unlikable. The guys anyways lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

Yep I remember that. They also got rid of Kelly and Jesse and replaced them with Tori, then they came back. The school's gym was the size of our living room and they didn't have a cafeteria.

Someone on YouTube posts "Zack Morris is Trash" videos summarizing how much of a deek he really was in each episode.

• Haha 1