College Football is BACK

DaEagles4Life

Yay college is coming back by the worst company to make football games . Madden has been getting absolutely trashed this year and now they are going to get the exclusive rights to college and ruin that too. 

• Like 1

So apparently they don't have any rights to any names/likenesses of any players and no license from the NCAA.  Gonna be interesting to see how they navigate that.  Since it's EA I'm assuming it will be poorly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yay college is coming back by the worst company to make football games . Madden has been getting absolutely trashed this year and now they are going to get the exclusive rights to college and ruin that too. 

Every game has been getting absolutely trashed this year. Cyberpunk?

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

So apparently they don't have any rights to any names/likenesses of any players and no license from the NCAA.  Gonna be interesting to see how they navigate that.  Since it's EA I'm assuming it will be poorly.

Yeah the players thing is going to be the big one. Apparently the schools pulled the plug the last time around which is why they stopped making games. They've got them on board, but they can't negotiate with the players until the NCAA change the rules so you're likely going to get Joe Blow and Hugh G Rection as your starting QB and WR until they do.

3 hours ago, Mat said:

Yeah the players thing is going to be the big one. Apparently the schools pulled the plug the last time around which is why they stopped making games. They've got them on board, but they can't negotiate with the players until the NCAA change the rules so you're likely going to get Joe Blow and Hugh G Rection as your starting QB and WR until they do.

Yes but cyberpunk at least makes the effort to fix it. Unlike EA who doesn't give a flying sheet 

Hopefully they go back to allowing custom downloadable rosters so that the community can take care of it and use player names and likenesses. After 4 seasons of your dynasty it's all fake names anyway.

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup. This is just going to be madden re-skinned with a different presentation 

7 hours ago, Mat said:

It was always like that. The player names were just position and numbers, you either had to enter the correct names yourself or download a roster someone made online

• Like 2

Nothing like playing sports where the BEST player in the entire league is like an 82 OVR :roll:

• Haha 1

Haven't played Madden since NCAA was canceled. Not being NCAA isn't the deal people are making it out to be. NCAA is about dead so IDK if it's even going to exist by the time a new college football games comes out, in what? 2023? 

Kids are already unionizing and being allowed to make money off their likeness. It's only going to progress from here, not regress. 

I absolutely loved NCAA Football 2012. I played the snot out of Dynasty mode.

Which, quite frankly, are the only modes I play of EA sports games.  Dynasty/Franchise modes in MLB, NFL, NCAA and Soccer.  So to me, it doesn't really matter if the players' likeness is in there, so long as the TEAMS are in there properly.

I may NOT buy this though. F EA. If I can keep my $50-100 out of the cult, then I consider that a good decision. 

The first NCAA game in a decade? I have no choice but to buy it even though it'll probably suck sweaty balls and be missing tons of features. Even still, dynasty mode in those old NCAA games were F'ing awesome so even if it's half as good, I'll still play it.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

The first NCAA game in a decade? I have no choice but to buy it even though it'll probably suck sweaty balls and be missing tons of features. Even still, dynasty mode in those old NCAA games were F'ing awesome so even if it's half as good, I'll still play it.

Recruiting was the best part 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Recruiting was the best part 

The recruiting in 14 was awful with the points allocation. I'm assuming either people complained that the phone call recruiting took too long or EA decided it took too long so instead they created a wonky points system that probably ended up taking way longer. 

If they do make dynasty mode with recruiting I hope they make it more like the games prior to 14. I actually played ncaa 13 on super bowl Sunday