Chazz Surratt (North Carolina LB) -- DRAFTED BY MINNESOTA #78

QBhunter58

To be honest I never thought he would make the transition from QB to linebacker, and while he still is new to the position, he looks like a natural fit. In his first year ever playing the defensive side of the ball he was a First-Team All-ACC selection and runner-up for ACC Defensive Player of the Year. With 115 tackles, Surratt led the Tar Heels and 2nd in ACC in tackles per game. Surratt also tallied15 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, and 10 quarterback hurries. 

Davion Taylor is a guy who is also new to the position, and I would hesitate taking another developmental linebacker project. But the progress this kid has made in 2 years is alarming, he really appears to have what it takes. He is a very cerebral player, he also flashes NFL athleticism and coverage ability, and he is tough as nails. Chazz headlines a group of talented mid-round linebackers I could see the Eagles targeting (although I dont think I would use an early 2 on him, and I feel that's where his range starts).

Also, this is a really good article about him (kinda long but fascinating)

https://www.nfl.com/news/back-2-campus/how-unc-s-chazz-surratt-went-from-starting-qb-to-prized-lb-prospect 

Also... #QBfactory

• 2 months later...