Pre Wentz Trade Mock

ibleedgreen1990

The writing is on the wall for Wentz, he is about to get traded. Seems to be between the Bears and the Colts right now with rumors saying Bears have the top offer.

In this mock the Colts beat that offer and we send Wentz to the AFC.

Carson Wentz and a 4th for Rock Ya-Sin, a first, and a third

Other trades:

Zach Ertz to the Seahawks for a third

Re-Sign:

Jalen Mills - one year deal on a discount

Travis Fulgham - New coaching staff will want to develop him more

Alex Singleton - Our only good LB from last year

Richard Rodgers - Te Depth

Cre'Von LeBlanc - Nickel depth

Extend/Restructure:

Derek Barnett - We can get him Cheaper than his optioin

Brandon Graham - moves money around to be able to retire an Eagle and hopefully still compete

Cut:

Malik Jackson - Doubt anyone trades for him

Alshon Jeffery - Same as  above

Free Agents:

Cam Newton - One year dear, back up/qb competition

Draft:

1. Kyle Pitts - TE

1. Jaylen Waddle - WR

2. Kyle Trask - QB

3. Jaylen Twyman - DT

3.Jabril Cox - LB

3. Israel Mukuamu - CB

5. Josh Kaindoh - DE

5. Cade Mays - OG

6. Amari Gainer - LB

6. Isiah Palo-Mao - S

6. Mustafa Johnson - DT

7. Brian Robinson Jr - RB

Love the Wentz trade but no, no, noooooo to Cam! Never liked him and don’t want him!

The draft itself is pretty good but can’t see Waddle lasting until the 21st pick and if you have that many picks, waiting until the 6th to address the safety position with McCleod returning from injury and so many quality safeties available in the 2nd and 3rd isn’t great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Love the Wentz trade but no, no, noooooo to Cam! Never liked him and don’t want him!

The draft itself is pretty good but can’t see Waddle lasting until the 21st pick and if you have that many picks, waiting until the 6th to address the safety position with McCleod returning from injury and so many quality safeties available in the 2nd and 3rd isn’t great.

Cam would be qb3 anyway. Likely to be cut or play scout qb for us. Main competition is trash and hurts.

totally meant to have us getting Malik hooker but forgot lmao. Was early when I made this.. 

i also really wanted to take kadarius toney over waddle, I think he better fills the skill set we are lacking. But didn’t want to take 3 Florida players in a row.

• Like 2

I would move on from jalen mills, I would strengthen our ol line depth, quality corners and safeties are needed and some impact linebackers are needed last but not least, we need 1-2 wrs and a thumper at rb.

trask is trash, we are not picking a qb in the 2nd round 2 years in a row. if we take a qb it will be with our top pick

• Like 1

I would trade back with the new 1rst and get an extra 3rd. Then pick Terrance marshall with that 1rst. And pick an additional lber in the 3rd.

5 hours ago, dsryan24 said:

trask is trash, we are not picking a qb in the 2nd round 2 years in a row. if we take a qb it will be with our top pick

More likely that we take one in second round this year after trading wentz than it was last year after just signing him. 

who knows when/if we take one

If no Trask, who at 2?

Who gets dropped after drafting Waddle? Why not reinforce value elsewhere? Big part of Colts D is Darius Leonard.

Interesting - thanks.

Don't think we get a 3rd for Ertz, but here's hoping. 

I like the Wentz trade - good thinking and analysis on your part. 

I really don't like Mills so let's let him walk and put a safety there in the 3rd instead of a DT. 

I like Mukuamu - but at 6'4" and 4.52 I think he's a safety.

Pretty confident we get a premium on our FA losses last year - 2 6th's and more than likely 2 7th's.