Eagles Hiring Jemal Singleton (Former Cincinnati Bengals RB Coach) as New RB Coach

time2rock

Singleton previously held the same position (RB coach) with the Colts and Raiders other than the Bengals and was just hired by the University of Kentucky on Jan 7, 2021, in the same role after Cincinnati let him go. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/08/report-eagles-hiring-jemal-singleton-as-running-backs-coach/

Philly Voice referencing the below tweet from KY Sports Radio that he is also the Asst HC like Duce was.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-hire-jemal-singleton-replace-duce-staley-rb-coach-assistant-head-coach/

Why would new coach Siranni hire the RB coach to be the Asst HC also?  Like is that a coincidence?  Or is Matt Jones of KY Sports Radio mistaken?  Singleton was the Colts RB coach for 2 years while Sirianni was the Chargers WR Coach.  Somehow ties to Reich or others Nick worked with?

From the link above:

So, what does Singleton look for in his running backs? Here's more from his introductory press conference at Kentucky in which he explained a little bit about his philosophy:

"As far as what I look for in a running back that’s probably one of the things that I love the most about this position, it comes in so many different sizes and shapes. I don’t care if you’re 5-9, I don’t care if you’re 6-1, you can be an effective running back and be very explosive and do a lot of those things. Just at my last stop you had Joe Mixon who’s a 6-footer, big strong guy and then there’s (Giovanni) Bernard right behind him and he’s a smaller scatter type back so it really a lot of it just depends on that type of player. 

There’s some specific skill sets that I look for. For me, short area quickness is huge I think, being able to make a guy miss whether it’s running over or shake him is extremely important. How do you get those extra yards on a carry? If you say yeah well what height do you look for? I don’t look for any of that I look for football ability, football movement and there isn’t one specific trait that I think lends itself to success more than another. 

A good example I like to use is Clyde Edwards-Helaire, a player that got drafted first round to the Kansas City Chiefs. If you want to base it off of his 40 time you probably don’t touch him. I think he ran a 4.6-plus 40 time but he can make a guy miss in a phone booth and I think that’s the part is how do you make guys miss and do you have a skill to do that? It can come in a lot of different sizes and shapes."

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

Philly Voice referencing the below tweet from KY Sports Radio that he is also the Asst HC like Duce was.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-hire-jemal-singleton-replace-duce-staley-rb-coach-assistant-head-coach/

Why would new coach Siranni hire the RB coach to be the Asst HC also?  Like is that a coincidence?  Or is Matt Jones of KY Sports Radio mistaken?  Singleton was the Colts RB coach for 2 years while Sirianni was the Chargers WR Coach.  Somehow ties to Reich or others Nick worked with?

I saw that on his Wiki page (it was recently updated to mention his hiring by the Eagles). I have to wonder if the title Duce held just carried over.  It doesn’t make sense to name someone who never worked for the organization previously to be named assistant HC.  Unless they really wanted him and adding that title was the only way to coax him into taking the job?  🤷🏼‍♂️

JS1.PNG

JS2.PNG

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

From the link above:

Sounds like he should play a role in talent evaluation/acquisition for the position.  

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

It’s a ham handed effort to address diversity - or the lack of it - among head coaches and coordinators in the NFL.  The league is taking its annual beating so they pump up some titles.  

So, does the "assistant head coach” outrank the coordinators?

The title of assistant HC is about as significant as the Detroit meathead's title "The Dude" on his office plaque.  

What's that, the 5th black assistant coach they have hired. Not a peep from the same media members who basically called Lurie a racist for not hiring Duce or Bieniemy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

Probably because he is 44 years old and almost the rest of the coaching staff is younger.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, Talonblood said:

Who da f....

I'm just shocked that someone doesn't recognize the name of their running backs coach.  They should have hired Marcus Allen, or hell...OJ. At least then we'd know who they are.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, brkmsn said:

Assistant to the Head Coach

No joke I worked with a Michael Scott in Philly for few years. Dude HATED everything about the Office

Its a meaningless role, like Assistant Manager, or Assistant to the Manager