Ryan Fitzpatrick (Dolphins QB) -- SIGNED WITH WASHINGTON

Jenkins27

Perfect backup QB, someone to push Hurts. Also means we won't have to play him and watch him light us up again. Might be a pricier option compared to other backup options, but definitely the best one available.

Like you said I think price is going to be a big factor here. Fitzpatrick is going to be a high price backup for a contender. I would like to see the Eagles get Joe Flacco or RG3. Someone with experience as franchise QB and can provide some actual advise to Hurts and any other QB on the team. Plus they would be relatively cheaper

I think price is a factor but I also think Fitz probably wants to go somewhere that he can be a starter? Or at least have a fair shot at being the starter. Now if he comes to Philly that says a lot to me about true competition but also that the organisation aren't sold on Hurts. 

• Like 1

Fitz is such a g, the dude has carved out a nice little career for a 7th round "journeyman". I know a whole bunch of star players who never play 1even 10 years (let alone 16) in the league, I got respect for Fitz. Having said that... no. He would ad stability, but he is gonna come at a cost. Lots of cheaper options out there to be our back up QB mentor. 

Ultimate backup. He can come in and light it up for 3-4 games and then fizzle out but that’s exactly what you need out of a backup. 

• Like 1

Honestly, Fitz might be the best fit for the Colts backup job since they are equip to make a deep run. But we all know Wentz wouldn’t like that. Too much pressure if Fitz magic is behind him

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Honestly, Fitz might be the best fit for the Colts backup job since they are equip to make a deep run. But we all know Wentz wouldn’t like that. Too much pressure if Fitz magic is behind him

I'm not sure it's a great job for Fitz either. I mean if he's happy to get paid decent money to sit on the sidelines then perhaps but I'm not sure he's that kind of guy?

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure it's a great job for Fitz either. I mean if he's happy to get paid decent money to sit on the sidelines then perhaps but I'm not sure he's that kind of guy?

At this point in his career that is the best he is going to do. He is not a guy that is going to push a team to contender status. So I think he is either a transition QB (like he was this year for Dolphins) or a back up QB (like most of his career)

• 3 weeks later...

Signed with Washington. Guess that means Washington sweeps us next year. 

• Like 1