Tyrod Taylor (Chargers QB) — SIGNED WITH HOUSTON

Jenkins27

Proven leader. Was a mentor to Baker and Herbert, even after losing the starting job to them. Is a professional.

I actually see some Tyrod in Hurts.

In looking at all of the free agent QB's available Tyrod makes the most sense. He is good enough to push/compete with Hurts, but not so good that he will get a better opportunity or a lot of money elsewhere. He is also known to be a team guy as you said, has a similar skillset to Hurts, and also has a connection to Steichen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

In looking at all of the free agent QB's available Tyrod makes the most sense. He is good enough to push/compete with Hurts, but not so good that he will get a better opportunity or a lot of money elsewhere. He is also known to be a team guy as you said, has a similar skillset to Hurts, and also has a connection to Steichen.

Him and Brissett make the most sense. The best imo would be Fitzpatrick though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Him and Brissett make the most sense. The best imo would be Fitzpatrick though.

I think Tyrod would make the most sense just because he has a similar style to Hurts (though not completely the same of course). He's an experienced guy who isn't likely to demand a lot of money. Brissett could also be cheap(ish) but I think Fitzpatrick is going to want too much. I'm also not sure Fitz wants to be a pure back up at this point? Now perhaps that makes Philly a good spot for him with Hurts being a somewhat unknown quantity.

• 4 weeks later...