POST WENTZ ERA MOCK OFFSEASON

dsryan24

Well the Carson era is officially over now. We can only hope that we don't regret it majorly. Now comes trying to rebuild this team to where it needs to be. There will still be plenty of cap moves to be made also.

TRADES- TE Zach Ertz to TEN for 2021 6th Round pick

NOT RETURNING/CAP CASUALTIES- QB Nate Sudfeld, RB Corey Clement, WR Alshon Jeffery, WR DeSean Jackson,  WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, OL Jason Peters, OL Matt Pryor, C Jason Kelce (retired), DE Vinny Curry, DT Malik Jackson, LB Nate Gerry, LB Duke Riley, S Jalen Mills, S Rudy Ford, CB Cre"Von LeBlanc, CB Nickell Robey-Coleman (save $65 mill in cap space)

RESIGNED/RESTRUCTURED/EXTENSIONS- LB Alex Singleton,(2 years, $10 mill)  DT Hassan Ridgeway (minimum),S Blake Countess(min), RB Jordan Howard (Min) ,TE Richard Rodgers (1 year 2 mill), DE Derek Barnett (extension), DT Fletcher Cox (Restructure), G Brandon Brooks (restructure), CB Darius Slay (restructure), TE Dallas Goedert (extension) (save $30 mill in cap space)

FREE AGENTS- QB Jacoby Brissett (2 years $11 mill), DE Solomon Thomas (1 year, $2 mill)

DRAFT-

Round 1- De"Vonta Smith WR Alabama- Get Hurts the weapons he needs and surround him with as much talent as possible. Smith, Fulgham, Reagor and Goedert are solid weapons along the outside for Hurts, and with Sanders, Howard and Scott in the backfield, we will have a good stable of weapons for Hurts.

Round 2- Tyson Campbell CB Georgia- Addressing another major need here on the opposite side of Darius Slay. Campbell comes in right away as a day 1 starter. Keep picking from the SEC pool.

Round 3-  Paris Ford S Pittsburgh-Ford reminds me a bit of Malcolm Jenkins, a jack of all trades type of safety. He will compete right away with K'Von Wallace for the starting SS spot, and good chance he wins it.

Round 3 (from IND)- Jabril Cox LB LSU- Cox is a playmaker at LB and could come in and compete with TJ Edwards for playing time. Cox can play the inside or outside, so having him and Edwards & Singleton in for rushing situations, and Cox and Singleton in passing situations would be ideal. Gives them a playmaker at LB.

Round 5- Kary Vincent Jr CB LSU- Picking more from the SEC pool here. Vincent provides more depth in the defensive backfield, and could be a potential riser for the future.

Round 5- Drake Jackson C Kentucky- Jackson has a lot of similar qualities as Kelce currently has, hes smaller and has the ability to control the line. Jackson could be a steal here, Seumalo will be the Center initially, but Jackson may take over at C and Seumalo slides back to LG if Dillard doesn't work out at LG. 

Round 6- Chauncey Golston DE Iowa- Youth is much needed along the defensive line, so bringing in Golston to provide a pass rush boost in the defensive line rotation.

Round 6 (from TEN) -Sam Ehlinger QB Texas- Ehlinger may go higher than this, he has potential to become a solid backup in the league in my opinion. He may have to stay on the roster like Sudfeld so that other teams do not grab him.

Round 7- Nick Eubanks TE Michigan- Depth at TE is much needed as well. If Goedert gets hurt, it will be Rodgers, Eubanks and either Perkins/Wilson/Croom/Jackson? Eubanks has potential to be a nice steady posession TE behind Goedert.

DEPTH

QB- Hurts, Brissett, Ehlinger*

RB- Sanders, Howard, Scott, Holyfield*

WR- Smith, Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, Hightower, Watkins

TE- Goedert, Rodgers, Eubanks*

LT- Mailata, Dillard

LG- Dillard, Herbig

C- Seumalo, Jackson

RG- Brooks, Driscoll

RT- Johnson, Driscoll

LE- Graham, Sweat

DT- Cox, Ridgeway

DT- Hargrave, McGill*

RE- Barnett,  Thomas, Golston*

LB- Edwards, Cox, Bradley*

LB- Singleton, Taylor, Avery

CB- Slay,  Vincent Jr

CB- Campbell, James

CB- Maddox, Seymour

FS- McLeod,  Countess, Epps*

SS- Ford, Wallace, 

*-game day scratches

K- Elliott

P- Johnston

KR- Scott, Watkins

PR- Reagor, Ward

LS- Lovato

• Like 1

fwiw Singleton is an Exclusive rights FA and will likely be signed for 1 yr at the minimum

Draft and FA look good tho

Solomon Thomas will sign for a much larger contract.

Besides that, I totally agree with Ray. Each one of these players could be drafted in their given slots. Vincent is the only player that I assume should be higher.

Just can't do Smith with 1st pick at 6..don't even like him top 15. I'd also keep Le Blanc but not bad.

Nice - thanks

Probably get Ehlinger as an UDFA, but I'd like this draft. 

Probably get another compensatory pick or 2 in the 6th and 7th rounds

10 hours ago, Breeze 44 said:

Just can't do Smith with 1st pick at 6..don't even like him top 15. I'd also keep Le Blanc but not bad.

now that's a flaming hot take if ive ever seen one

I actually like this quite a bit.  This defense needs some serious help.  You immediately give a great upgrade to an offensive position and then focus on the secondary and LB corps of the D.  Nice work 

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this one -- nicely done OP.

My only real gripes are I'm not a fan of bringing back Howard and also not a fan of Brisset. 

For RB, I"d rather they spend a bit of extra money and bring in a guy like Marlon Mack. Given Sanders' inability to play a full season healthy (so far) I feel we need more of a RB1A than an RB2.

Brisset I could live with, because who else are they going to sign? Brian Hoyer? 🙂 

Overall, great job.