Pick 41 Richie Grant, S UCF

Pick 43 Terrace Marshall Jr, WR LSU

Pick 84 Javonte Williams, RB UNC

Pick 151 Paulson Adebo, CB Stanford

Pick 157 Darius Stills, DT WVU

Pick 191 Janarius Robinson, DE FSU

Pick 220 Kylen Granson, TE SMU

Pick 232 Shane Buechele, QB SMU

Yes I know, we will never draft a LB in first round!  This is a mock, and IMO he is BPA at 12 by a long shot.  And trading twice netted 3 2nd round picks that gets best S in draft IMO and two weapons for Hurts.  Jevonte Williams is some thunder to pair with Sanders.  Adebo will need to develop, but should be a year 1 contributor.  Stills would be a rotational piece with good upside, as is Robinson.  Granson is solid but limited potential. And the QB Factory gets a project in Buechele.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Traded Pick 6 and 70 to Det for Pick 7 and Pick 41

Traded Pick 7 to SF for Pick 12 and Pick 43

Pick 12 Michah Parson, LB PSU

Pick 37 Kadarius Toney, WR UF

Yes I know, we will never draft a LB in first round!  This is a mock, and IMO he is BPA at 12 by a long shot.  And trading twice netted 3 2nd round picks that gets best S in draft IMO and two weapons for Hurts.  Jevonte Williams is some thunder to pair with Sanders.  Adebo will need to develop, but should be a year 1 contributor.  Stills would be a rotational piece with good upside, as is Robinson.  Granson is solid but limited potential. And the QB Factory gets a project in Buechele.

To many second thoughts. That's overkill drafting two wr.

33 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

To many second thoughts. That's overkill drafting two wr.

Disagree with the idea that it’s too many second round picks in this years particular draft.  Outside of a few guys, this is a year in which the top 100 guys are separated by thin margins.  If Chase was available at 6, I wouldn’t have opted to trade down, but he was gone so why not trade down and pick up additional picks?  Alshon is gone, JJAW has been a bust, Reagor wasn’t special in his rookie year, so getting one of the premier possession receivers in this draft with Marshall and a dynamic receiver like Toney in the 2nd doesn’t seem to be overkill.  Hurts isn’t good enough to carry the offense without weapons.  Eagles have traditionally drafted O line, D line, or QB in the first.  This isn’t a great draft for Tackles or DE’s and we are not likely drafting QB (but who knows?). If Chase isn’t there at 6, there are plenty of teams vying for Trey Lance and will probably offer decent picks to move up to that spot.  And I am not buying the Pitts hype.  6 would be a premium pick for a guy who isn’t likely to be the next Waller or Kelce.

You know what... I like it. 

I'm not huge on Parsons but overall I like this draft. I mean don't get me wrong Parsons may be an exceptional player in the NFL but I'm not sure he's a player you build a defense around? And if you're taking a LB in the first then you want to build around that player. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You know what... I like it. 

I'm not huge on Parsons but overall I like this draft. I mean don't get me wrong Parsons may be an exceptional player in the NFL but I'm not sure he's a player you build a defense around? And if you're taking a LB in the first then you want to build around that player. 

Yep, when I was on the clock, Chase was gone.  I told myself it was Chase, or trade back.  I had offers for the 6th pick and I traded down 1 spot, then SF wanted the 7th, and I was able to keep adding picks.  Parsons was sitting there at 12, and he is one of the better LB prospects in a while.  I also liked having the ability to add a what should really be a good safety, pick up a playmaker and a possession receiver in the second.  I would love to see a high end LB playing behind Cox and Hargrave.  And Parsons should be a 3 down backer.  We’ve not had a stud LB in what seems like 30 years.  I also like the Jevonte Williams pick a lot.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Yep, when I was on the clock, Chase was gone.  I told myself it was Chase, or trade back.  I had offers for the 6th pick and I traded down 1 spot, then SF wanted the 7th, and I was able to keep adding picks.  Parsons was sitting there at 12, and he is one of the better LB prospects in a while.  I also liked having the ability to add a what should really be a good safety, pick up a playmaker and a possession receiver in the second.  I would love to see a high end LB playing behind Cox and Hargrave.  And Parsons should be a 3 down backer.  We’ve not had a stud LB in what seems like 30 years.  I also like the Jevonte Williams pick a lot.  

You definitely loaded up with picks which is what this team needs. 

Out of interest who was still on the board at #12? Can you remember?

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You definitely loaded up with picks which is what this team needs. 

Out of interest who was still on the board at #12? Can you remember?

I don’t remember, specifically.  I had the plan that if Sewell or Chase fell to 6, I would stay.  Once they were off the board, I decided to accept some trade offers if it included this years second.

• Like 1

I know we haven't taken a lb in the 1st rd in a long time but i like taking Parsons with our 1st pick, especially if we trade back and get extra picks.

• Like 1

Great read, thanks. I love the trades but don't I'm not in love with the picks. 

In my opinion we need a corner earlier, don't need 2 wideouts, and don't need a RB that early. 

Let's assume your scenario as well as the Parsons pick. Those 3 2nd round picks would best serve the team with a WR, CB, and DE. 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:46 AM, VeeMak said:

Traded Pick 6 and 70 to Det for Pick 7 and Pick 41

Traded Pick 7 to SF for Pick 12 and Pick 43

Pick 12 Michah Parson, LB PSU

Pick 37 Kadarius Toney, WR UF

I would draft two safeties before I draft two wrs.