Eagles 7 Round Mock

JetroLot

Hey all. Popped my new site up and while I'm waiting to get it looking right, getting content going. Some of the posters on here will remember me from Scout's Notebook with Tommy as we did that together. If not, no biggie. Not sure I'll post them here all the time, but figured I'd toss this over. Have a ton of notes on guys I haven't put down and am on Insta. 

https://jetrolot.com/eagles-7-round-mock/

Used a simulator, but some questionable value, so I skipped using some guys or moved them up a full round. 

1. Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

Honestly, I’m not sure he’s even here, but we’ll roll with it. I think the Eagles would love to get their hands on Pitts. He could line up in the backfield, tight to the formation, in the slot or split out wide. I dare you to press this man. As Charlie Murphy once said referring to playing basketball against Prince, "challenge him … just make sure your friends are there to see it, because you might get embarrassed.” By the way, the kid blocks better than people say.

2. Richie Grant, FS UCF

The Eagles need a free safety and Grant is one of the best in the entire draft. This kid has an outstanding feel for coverage, his range is what you want in a safety and he creates turnovers.

3. Elijah Molden, CB Washington

Philly fans just saw Washington CB and immediately got mad. This man can play. If I could describe Molden in three words they would be smart, quick and rough. He is another guy that creates turnovers and he will hit in the run game. Instant nickel starter in my opinion.

3. Chazz Surratt, LB UNC

Chazz plays fast, has surprising instincts given that he was a QB in high school and is very rangy. There’s a great amount of versatility in his game and he’s still growing into the position.

5. Elerson Smith, DE Northern Iowa

The simulator had Elerson available later, but I bumped him up to here. No way he goes any later even with sitting out the past year for COVID. You’ve got a 6’6, 265-pound pass rusher who had 14 sacks the last season he played and oh yeah, he is used to playing a lot of different techniques.

5. Robert Hainsey, OL Notre Dame

Again, I adjusted this pick to earlier as he won’t last to where it let me pick him. Hainsey played RT for Notre Dame and can also play guard or center. A guy who started at tackle for an elite program with the position flexibility to play three spots on your line.

6. Tarron Jackson, DE Coastal Carolina

I believe the Eagles could double dip at a few positions including safety, end or corner and they do it here. Jackson is a pretty complete player and while I’m not sure he’s the size they’ll want, he’s very good value here. All time leader in sacks at his school.

7. Shemar Jean-Charles, CB Appalachian State

Jean-Charles broke up 25 passes his last two seasons with 16 in his senior year for App State and is also a big special teams guy. We want to fill more than one position when we’re looking at late round picks.

7. JaQuan Hardy, RB Tiffin

I will freely admit that I’m not sure this is what this staff will want in a running back, but he’s fun to watch. If you want to knock the level he’s playing on, other guys he’d be playing would be Mike Stratchan and Cade Johnson, so you can stop. Interesting player who really makes people look silly with his one-cuts and then open field moves.

(I think the Eagles could double dip at safety and also need to look at a DT, QB and WR, but we have many more exercises to go.)

• Like 1

I find it hard to hate a draft that starts with Kyle Pitts. He’s my guy this year. 

im still holding out hope we get our hands on Malik hooker. Overall I like the draft but hope free agency directs us other ways.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 5:21 AM, stinkfist said:

Hey all. Popped my new site up and while I'm waiting to get it looking right, getting content going. Some of the posters on here will remember me from Scout's Notebook with Tommy as we did that together. If not, no biggie. Not sure I'll post them here all the time, but figured I'd toss this over. Have a ton of notes on guys I haven't put down and am on Insta. 

https://jetrolot.com/eagles-7-round-mock/

Used a simulator, but some questionable value, so I skipped using some guys or moved them up a full round. 

1. Kyle Pitts, TE Florida

Honestly, I’m not sure he’s even here, but we’ll roll with it. I think the Eagles would love to get their hands on Pitts. He could line up in the backfield, tight to the formation, in the slot or split out wide. I dare you to press this man. As Charlie Murphy once said referring to playing basketball against Prince, "challenge him … just make sure your friends are there to see it, because you might get embarrassed.” By the way, the kid blocks better than people say.

2. Richie Grant, FS UCF

The Eagles need a free safety and Grant is one of the best in the entire draft. This kid has an outstanding feel for coverage, his range is what you want in a safety and he creates turnovers.

3. Elijah Molden, CB Washington

Philly fans just saw Washington CB and immediately got mad. This man can play. If I could describe Molden in three words they would be smart, quick and rough. He is another guy that creates turnovers and he will hit in the run game. Instant nickel starter in my opinion.

3. Chazz Surratt, LB UNC

Chazz plays fast, has surprising instincts given that he was a QB in high school and is very rangy. There’s a great amount of versatility in his game and he’s still growing into the position.

Love it to this point, then it goes off the cliff fast.

9 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I find it hard to hate a draft that starts with Kyle Pitts. He’s my guy this year. 

im still holding out hope we get our hands on Malik hooker. Overall I like the draft but hope free agency directs us other ways.

Malik would be nice and he's 24. His injury history and that the Colts are willing to let him walk without exercising his 5th year when they have so much cap room doesn't inspire confidence. 

I would still go after a safety high. 

I'd prefer Pitts or Chase at 6. Pitts first. If neither of them are there, I'd really rather trade out of there. I love Jaylen Waddle, but pick 6 on him scares me. At that point I'm looking to drop enough to grab a 2nd for a team that wants a QB. 

That's the other thing. The QB class is not great IMO. There's two I like in the Top 10 and I'm not sure I'll have any others with Top 10 grades. I've only got to All-22 two of them. I have to get film on the others. None have looked good on the All-22 I have been able to come across (it's hard as hell to get). 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Love it to this point, then it goes off the cliff fast.

I'm not projecting my guys as much as what they may like. I am not an Elerson Smith fan. Frankly, I wouldn't draft him. There's a lot of buzz surrounding him though and they did take a look. 

I am a Hainsey fan, although it had him available at 191. Of course, it had several 1st/2nd rounders available at 191 because it's idiotic. Other than watching him get destroyed by Christian Barmore (which the entire offensive line did against Bama), he was part of maybe the best ND offensive line in the school's history. He can start at C, G and T. He was also pretty damn good at the Senior Bowl. 

Jackson is a guy I'm back and forth on. It's funny that Jimmy ended up putting him in his about an hour after I posted mine. Not planned. 

App State guy was a late corner. I'd be lying to you if I said I had a big opinion. It's the 7th round. 

I actually like the Tiffin kid. 

Players like Jonathan Adams would have been picked, but he just ran a freaking 4.42. I don't know where to put him now. That's a guy I've loved for a looong time and wanted to spend a 5th on. I get you though, it wasn't intriguing to me after those picks and I wrote the freaking thing. 🤣

For the first round, I agree with your thinking completely. Don't know enough about the rest.

I'd rather a corner in the 2nd round but if it is a safety or DE at that slot then I;d make an adjustment to your pick in the 3rd round. Not sold on Molden - he's got the speed at 4.48 but I'm tired of shorter corners and he's 5'10". Ambry Thomas from Michigan is 6'0" and runs 4.49" and is rated in the 3rd or 4th round - I'd prefer him. 

I know what you did here, my friend!

You didn’t follow hype, didn’t listen to other people and just took players you like and value where you took them after watching game tape etc. You made up your own mind and I respect that! 👊🏻

You could debate whether or not you like a specific prospect but can’t change someone’s personal opinion. So I won’t go there if you don’t mind...

Can’t go wrong with the first 4 selections though! Will all contribute and make an impact year one IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I know what you did here, my friend!

You didn’t follow hype, didn’t listen to other people and just took players you like and value where you took them after watching game tape etc. You made up your own mind and I respect that! 👊🏻

You could debate whether or not you like a specific prospect but can’t change someone’s personal opinion. So I won’t go there if you don’t mind...

Can’t go wrong with the first 4 selections though! Will all contribute and make an impact year one IMO.

I put that Top 50 up man. I threw Jamar Johnson in the first day I saw him play. I figured if Lurie can do crazy stuff, why not me in fake life? Haha. Watching him against Ohio State, he was just crazy good, so I tossed on another All 22 I got access to and then a little more and since he's my type of safety (single high ability that creates turnovers), I put him in. 

https://jetrolot.com/top-50-v-1-0/

I hate mock drafts. Appreciate the feedback from you. You actually know how much I hate mocks. 😂