T.Y. Hilton (Colts WR) -- RE-SIGNED WITH INDIANAPOLIS

eaglesfan0075

I'm not trying to say the Eagles should pass on a WR (or Kyle Pitts) at 6 because of a free agent signing, but our WR group is very young after cutting DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey. Pairing a draft pick with a veteran signing would be ideal.

Before you say T.Y. Hilton is another undersized speedster who is going to be just as much as an injury liability as DeSean, he's actually been surprisingly durable (and a bit younger at age 31). 2019 was the one season where he missed a lot of time, but otherwise he's on average playing at least 15 games a season:

364801069_TYHILTON.png.0c404f0ef918b7bd3453b675874b71d7.png

If he can be had on a reasonable 1 or 2 year deal as a veteran mentor to Jalen Reagor and our other young WRs, I'd be for this signing. Plus he can help with the transition to Nick Sirianni's offense as he'll likely bring a lot of the same concepts from the Colts. Obviously there's the possibility that Indy brings him back, but if they're committed to making Pittman their WR1, I think Hilton can help us.

He is going to want to cash in one last time he isn't going to take a cheap 1 or 2 year deal to play on a crap team. He would be stupid if he did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He is going to want to cash in one last time he isn't going to take a cheap 1 or 2 year deal to play on a crap team. He would be stupid if he did. 

Yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking, but depending on how the rest of the WR market shakes out, he could be on the Eagles radar if he's out there long enough still un-signed.

The fact that the team is still looking at Adoree' Jackson after signing Anthony Harris tells me this team has enough money for one more medium tier FA signing, because I don't see Jackson going for the vet minimum.

In fact, Spotrac estimates Jackson's market value at $12.4 million per year based on other CBs that were of similar age, statistical production at time of their free agency recently. I don't think the Eagles are gonna offer that much, but the fact they're in the mix is telling of how much cap room they can probably clear up.

Spotrac estimates Hilton's market value at $10.1 million per year.

If the price is over 10 million per year, I think the FO sits it out, but if they can get something done in the single digit million range, I think they'll pursue it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/ty-hilton-9902/market-value/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/adoree-jackson-21759/market-value/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yeah, maybe it's wishful thinking, but depending on how the rest of the WR market shakes out, he could be on the Eagles radar if he's out there long enough still un-signed.

The fact that the team is still looking at Adoree' Jackson after signing Anthony Harris tells me this team has enough money for one more medium tier FA signing, because I don't see Jackson going for the vet minimum.

In fact, Spotrac estimates Jackson's market value at $12.4 million per year based on other CBs that were of similar age, statistical production at time of their free agency recently. I don't think the Eagles are gonna offer that much, but the fact they're in the mix is telling of how much cap room they can probably clear up.

Spotrac estimates Hilton's market value at $10.1 million per year.

If the price is over 10 million per year, I think the FO sits it out, but if they can get something done in the single digit million range, I think they'll pursue it.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/ty-hilton-9902/market-value/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/adoree-jackson-21759/market-value/

I'm definitely not against the move and think it would benefit them to have hilton even for a year. Just don't think he would be into it. I could be wrong though

• Like 1

Hilton is still out there and Adoree signed with the Giants. 

Unless they're after another CB or a LB, I think Hilton would be the next best move for their mid-tier FA signing.

Not against it but it has to be for the right price.  He seems to be on the down turn these past couple of years and is not worth 10 million a year at all.