Month Prior Mock Offseason w Draft Day Trade!!

dsryan24

Well we are about a month away from the draft, so with Harris, Adams and Flacco in the fold, the only other moves we think could be made is a trade of Ertz and also a potential restructure of Barnett or potential trade also.

TRADES-  TE Zach Ertz traded to LAC for 2022 5th round pick.

Eagles trade #6 overall pick to Denver for #9 overall pick and #40 overall pick in 2021

DRAFT-

ROUND 1) Kyle Pitts TE Florida- In my opinion after watching what Pitts can do, he is a Hall of Fame type of talent that you can't pass up. Team up him and Goedert in the Redzone and defenses will have trouble against us.

ROUND 2) Greg Newsome CB Northwestern- Another corner outside of Slay is much needed. Newsome has the length and coverage skills to be a great corner in this league. Day 1 Starter.

ROUND 2) Alex Leatherwood OT/OG Alabama-  Leatherwood could play almost anywhere on the line. He is likely better suited on the inside for his career, likely the LG of the future if Seumalo moves inside to Center once Kelce retires.

ROUND 3) Eric Stokes CB Georgia- More depth in the defensive backfield which is much needed. Stokes could compete with Avonte Maddox for the starting slot corner position, but could be the guy on the other side of Newsome in years to come. 

ROUND 5) Chauncey Golston EDGE Iowa- Depth that is much needed along the defensive line. Golston can be a nice rotational DE with Sweat and the others.

ROUND 5) Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida- Also more youth along the interior defensive line much needed. Slaton is a run stuffer that could fill in as a Beau Allen type right away.

ROUND 6) KJ Britt LB Auburn- While Britt won't start right away, he will provide some depth at the LB position behind Edwards and Singleton. Everyone seems to forget Davion Taylor was drafted last year also, so let's not give up on him quite yet.

ROUND 6) Rhamondre Stevenson RB Oklahoma- Miles Sanders needs better depth behind him and Stevenson will provide Sanders some relief by getting some of the short yardage touches. Fantasy owners may not be happy, but we need to conserve Miles as much as we can.

ROUND 6) Feleipe Franks QB Arkansas- Franks has a big arm and is a nice project as the 3rd string QB to maybe become Hurts' backup of the future. 

ROUND 7) Frank Darby WR Arizona State- Darby could be a potential sleep here late in the draft. With the limited talent at WR currently, Darby could compete for a spot.

DEPTH

OFFENSE

QB- Hurts, Flacco, Franks

RB- Sanders, Scott, Stevenson, Huntley

WR- Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, Hightower, Watkins, Arcega-Whiteside

TE- Pitts, Goedert, Wilson

LT- Mailata, Dillard

LG- Seumalo, Leatherwood

C- Kelce, Seumalo

RG- Brooks, Herbig

RT- Johnson, Driscoll

DEFENSE

LE- Graham, Sweat

DT- Cox, Ridgeway

DT- Hargrave, Slaton

RE- Barnett, Golston, Ostman

LB- Edwards, Bradley Britt

LB- Singleton, Taylor, Avery

CB- Slay, James

CB- Newsome, Seymour

NB- Maddox, Stokes

FS- McLeod, Wallace, Epps

SS- Harris, Adams

K- Elliot

P- Siposs

KR- Scott, Watkins

PR- Reagor, Ward

LS- Lovato

PRACTICE SQUAD

WR Darby, WR Tate, LB Bachie, TE Jackson, DT Williams, CB Jacquet, S Arnold, RB Holyfield

I really like your draft...but I just can't see Stokes lasting that long.  I'd like to see us address receiver early as well but I guess Pitts fits the bill there.  

PS - You also missed a second third round pick  

I agree that Pitts has HOF possibilities. He truly is that talented.

So... what 8 people go ahead of him? I just don't see him lasting that far.

20 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

I agree that Pitts has HOF possibilities. He truly is that talented.

So... what 8 people go ahead of him? I just don't see him lasting that far.

Yeah I agree.  You could argue 4 QBs, Chase, Sewell, maybe Smith but that's only 7 guys.  The fringe guys like Parsons and Waddle I don't see getting scooped up before Pitts.