Post Trade Mock--no trades

Eaglerick55

Hey all. Was REALLY surprised about this trade down. Not against it, but surprised we moved down below Dallas and NY. Expected the possibility of moving to 8 or 9. But do like how things are lining up for 2022. Start rebuilding it this year.

Howie has done pretty good so far, IMO. Cap issues resolved for the moment. Still strapped, though. Even releasing or trading Ertz doesn't help enough. Unless there are restructures to Fletch and/or LJ, we are out of FA market until after draft After June 1, resign D-Rod and Strap for 1 yr deals. Unfortunately, I see Ertz being released, or at best a mid round 2022 pick.

At 12, I see Pitts, Chase, Surtain, and Smith all gone.

Rd 1. #12. Jaycee Horn. CB South Carolina. Excellent size and sub-4.4 speed. After Slay, our outside CB room is completely empty, except for undrafted FA's. To build defense back to somewhat respectable, start with biggest need. 

Rd 2. #37. Terrace Marshall. WR LSU. 6'3, 202. Again, fills major need. If he had played a full season, he would have put up rd1 numbers. Steal here at 37.

Rd3. #70. Jamin Davis. LB Kentucky. 6'4, 234. 3 down lb, who can play all 3 positions. Decent as a blitzer, but strong in pass defense. 

Rd3. #84. Paulson Adebo. CB Stanford. Need to double up on outside corners, since cupboard is pretty bare. 6'1, 195. Ran 4.4. Excellent fit in new cover 2 type defense. We desperately need QUALITY depth at outside corner position.

Rd4. #123. Hunter Long. TE Boston College. 6'5, 250. Solid TE prospect. More of a blocker now, but would be a good compliment to Goeddert and Rodgers

Rd5. #150. Jordan Smith. DE UAB. 6'7, 255. Will grow to 280. Got into some trouble as freshman, transferred, and became very productive at UAB. Rotational DE while he grows and learns the ropes.

Rd6. #189. Sadarius Hutcherson. OG South Carolina. 6'4, 320. Road grader guard. Put up 36 reps on bench. Played mostly LG, but also some at RG and LT. Put him at RG(replaces Pryor). Learning from Stout and Brooks will help immensely. Starter potential down the road.

Rd6. #224. Tyree Gillespie. Safety Missouri. 6'0 205. Ran sub 4.4 at pro day. Instincts must improve, but physical skills definitely there. Could be big help on special teams as gunner. Would love to draft a safety higher, but too many bigger needs. Excellent signing of Harris, though.

Rd6. #225. Elijah Mitchell. RB Louisiana. 6'1 220. Tough, hard runner. Also caught some passes, but mostly used as runner. Short yardage complimentary back.

Rd7. #234. Feleipe Franks. QB Arkansas. 6'6 235. Transferred from Florida. Strong arm, but not so nimble. Put up good numbers at both schools. Will battle with udfa for 3rd qb.

Rd7. #240. Jonathan Marshall, DT Arkansas. 6'3 310. Put up 36 reps at pro day. Excellent against run, but not as pass rusher. End of roster or PS guy. But good value here.

ER55

• Like 1

Good mock although I can’t see Gillespie falling that far. You have a better shot Adebo will fall into that 4th -5th round area than Gillespie lasting until the 6th.

I love the players. Just want at least one lineman in the first 3 rounds. 

Solid effort.  I divert from the consensus in that I don't think, at the very least, X is something they have to concern themselves about next year.  A vertical slot who can operate on the move & at least rotate at Z the greater need.  I also think taking more than 1 with all the other needs is a waste.  (not saying you did that-just in general.) 

From Ray---Good mock although I can’t see Gillespie falling that far. You have a better shot Adebo will fall into that 4th -5th round area than Gillespie lasting until the 6th.

Hallo, Ray. Gruss. I agree I was a little optimistic on Gillespie. Most have him in rd5 or so. But I wanted Hutcherson. Just have to hop here.

From Hoosier--I love the players. Just want at least one lineman in the first 3 rounds. 

Hey Hoosier. Not sure what you mean here. OL or DL? If OL, where to play him? or are you going to sit someone drafted in rd2 or rd3 in a rebuilding year and have them sit? Makes no sense. I have picked 4 guys in first 3 rds in positions of dire need, who will get invaluable experience by playing rather than sitting. I know our OL is old, but gotta walk before running. If DL, then you are looking at rotational guy at best. Not the best use of assets, IMO.

From Greenacres--

Solid effort.  I divert from the consensus in that I don't think, at the very least, X is something they have to concern themselves about next year.  A vertical slot who can operate on the move & at least rotate at Z the greater need.  I also think taking more than 1 with all the other needs is a waste.  (not saying you did that-just in general.)

Hey GA. I expect we will see Quez some in slot. Also Reagor, when Marshall and Fulgham are on the field. I thought about a slot guy in rd7, but ended up thinking what we have would work.

• Like 1

I'd take OL or DL. I'm a firm believer that good football teams are built in the trenches.

And I'm fine if he's not an immediate starter. We need to add young talent to both lines, particularly OL. And if we get anywhere near the amount of injuries we had last year, the top 2-3 guys off the bench will become starters soon enough. 

Terrance Marshall looks like a plodder

This may be my favorite mock on here to date.  Gillespie falling that far after his pro day showing is rainbow unicorn magical christmasland fantasy, but there is a better chance at 189 to grab him and take another G later on then to get him at 224.

On 3/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, matchew88 said:

I would take the TE from Penn State in the second. 

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2021 at 1:57 PM, matchew88 said:

Marshall ran a 4.38 today. Same as Chase. Not exactly a plodder.

9 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

I would take the TE from Penn State in the second. 

I actually thought about that for a while. Finally decided we needed outside receiver more than this TE. But it was close.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:39 AM, Outlaw said:

This may be my favorite mock on here to date.  Gillespie falling that far after his pro day showing is rainbow unicorn magical christmasland fantasy, but there is a better chance at 189 to grab him and take another G later on then to get him at 224.

Yeah, I know. But I prefer this OG over others to be taken later. I see on some sites that Hutcherson is now a 4th to low 5. So I am waiting and hoping there. As far as Gillespie is concerned---I set up for no trades in this mock. I fully expect Howie to move up and down some. Would expect he would use one of the 7's, and maybe a 2022 6 to move up. But you never know how things will shake out. If Pitts or Smith are available at 12, I would take them for sure. That would change this mock quite a bit.. Hope to get better feel between now and then.