Draft challenge for you...

Cloviseagle

It’s imperative that we get 3-5 future starters from this draft class to start turning this ship around. So here is the challenge: Go to TDN and start a draft, no trades allowed. Can you net 4 instant starters with our first 4 picks? You may have to work backwards and see the order names are called in and pick accordingly to get 4 surefire starters who are still available when our number is called. I’ll go first...

1- Jaycee Horn CB USC: Day 1 starter opposite Slay

2- Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss: Can clearly beat out Ward as our starting slot

3- Richie Grant S UCF- Instinctive all around safety and McCleod will be on IR to start the year

3- Cameron McGrone LB Michigan: Solid all around (likely) Mike linebacker who can surely beat out Edwards or at least be 1 of the 3 starting LBs on the field

for bonus points...

4- Rhamondre Stevenson RB Oklahoma: Sanders has a strained hammy week 1 so Stevenson gets the start with Scott as the change of pace lol

How did I do? Do you think I have 4 starters? 

Who would you pick? No cheating!!!

• Like 2

I think you have 4 x starters, but I don't understand how McGrone and Grant are still available in R3, when TDN rank them as #42 & #58 overall!

29 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

I think you have 4 x starters, but I don't understand how McGrone and Grant are still available in R3, when TDN rank them as #42 & #58 overall!

I was wondering about the ranking of players too at times, but hey who really knows.

1413774215_TDNdraft.thumb.png.c713abe11fb81f79e774027a8a1a87b1.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Couch Potato said:

I just went with who was available. I guess somebody good has to fall each round?

7 hours ago, Infam said:

I was wondering about the ranking of players too at times, but hey who really knows.

1413774215_TDNdraft.thumb.png.c713abe11fb81f79e774027a8a1a87b1.png

How many do you think are starters?

38 minutes ago, Cloviseagle said:

How many do you think are starters?

Devonta Smith for sure. With the current state of our secondary probably both CBs.

Freiermuth would share time with Goedert and Basham Jr. would share time with Barnett - but both are excellent value and have the potential to start.

So 3 + 0,5 + 0,5 makes four? 😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Infam said:

Devonta Smith for sure. With the current state of our secondary probably both CBs.

Freiermuth would share time with Goedert and Basham Jr. would share time with Barnett - but both are excellent value and have the potential to start.

So 3 + 0,5 + 0,5 makes four? 😁

Yea I love that draft too.  Ohhh the corners though, 2 mid-round starters, hahahah so sad our situation is 🤣.

Why TDN?  It's in my opinion one of the worst mock draft sites out there, mainly because it's soooooo slow.  PFF or PFN are the way to go.

PFN:

R1- Jaycee Horn, CB 

R2- Terrace Marshall, WR

R3A- Hamsah Nasirildeen, S

R3B- Brevin Jordan, TE

R4- Trey Sermon, RB

R5- Charles Snowden, LB

R6A- Kary Vincent Jr, CB

R6B- Jonathan Marshall, DT

R6C- Jamar Johnson, S

R7A- Malik Herring, EDGE

R7B- Sadarious Hutcherson, OG

Horn CB2

Marshall X

Nasirildeen S with McLeod on PUP

Jordan TE2 in 12 personnel

There's your 4.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cloviseagle said:

Yea I love that draft too.  Ohhh the corners though, 2 mid-round starters, hahahah so sad our situation is 🤣.

To be fair, this would be the latest I could see these two go. I think both are actually pretty good and both have great length as preferred by Gannon.

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Why TDN?  It's in my opinion one of the worst mock draft sites out there, mainly because it's soooooo slow.  PFF or PFN are the way to go.

PFN:

R1- Jaycee Horn, CB 

R2- Terrace Marshall, WR

R3B- Brevin Jordan, TE

R4- Trey Sermon, RB

R5- Charles Snowden, LB

R6A- Kary Vincent Jr, CB

R6C- Jamar Johnson, S

R7A- Malik Herring, EDGE

Horn CB2

Marshall X

There's your 4.

Not bad but you failed reading! 😂

[Off-topic: How is there a frikking vulcan hand but no peace fingers?]

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Not bad but you failed reading! 😂

[Off-topic: How is there a frikking vulcan hand but no peace fingers?]

Didn't fail.  Lol, just think that mock site is awful.

I don't mind TDN, as some of their scouting reports on more well known prospects are pretty good, but I've generally noticed that there's a decent number of players who get ranked much lower on TDN than they are on other mock draft simulators, causing them to fall further than they probably would.

To be fair, you can make that argument for other simulators too, but I noticed TDN's big board varies a bit more after the consensus guys early on.

Fanspeak's simulator also had that same issue in the past with players ranked too low/falling too far, but they've improved on that problem a bit and it's not bad if you run it on the difficult algorithm.

First-pick.com is still pretty bad with having players fall too far, and the trading mechanism is way too lenient.

PFF is pretty decent, even if the grades they hand out to your picks don't always seem to make sense. Their trading mechanism is better than first-pick.com at least.

Pro Football Network isn't bad either. Their trading mechanism is actually pretty solid and forces you to make a fair trade or even receive a bit less value in return.

I think the best one out there is www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com, as they use a 'consensus' big board, taking an average of 28 big boards from other websites.

This means that the variance between individual website opinions on players (eg Tay Gowan #297 on PFN, #69 on PFF) is mitigated, and hence their rankings are the most realistic, IMO.

NFL Mock Draft Simulator: Be The GM | NFL Mock Draft Database

I used Couch Potato's simulator from NFL Mock Draft Database and came up with this...I'd actually really like this draft...Waddle/Reagor/Rodgers...nice!  And top 4 could definitely be starters, IMO.
image.thumb.png.2d2e3864b3df3ba0b9e90daf651db419.png

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, Outlaw said:

PFN:

R1- Jaycee Horn, CB 

R2- Terrace Marshall, WR

R3B- Brevin Jordan, TE

R4- Trey Sermon, RB

R5- Charles Snowden, LB

R6A- Kary Vincent Jr, CB

R6C- Jamar Johnson, S

R7A- Malik Herring, EDGE

Horn CB2

Marshall X

There's your 4.

I can’t really speak on other sites since I haven’t used them but I like TDN. There is some issues when I’m making an Eagles only mock & Trevor Lawrence is somehow available at 9. Or like the one time I tried trading up using every single Carolina Panthers pick from 2021 thru 2025 to the Falcons for the 4th pick & got denied. 

1-12-Horn-CB-S. Caro.   2-37-Terrance Marshall-WR-LSU   3-70- Baron Browning-LB-OSU   3-84-Tommy Togai-DL-OSU  4-123- Jaret Patterson-RB-Buffalo   5-143-James Wiggins-S-Cincy   6-188- Kenny Yeboah-TE-Miss. 6-223-Malik Herring-Edge- Georgia   6-224- Jimmy Morrissey-OG-Pitt   7-233- Mustafa Johnson-DL-Colorado   7-238-Josh Ball-OT-Marshall   UDFA Sam Ehlinger-QB- Ttexas

When anyone says "5 starters from one draft class is imperative” it’s best to click out of the thread. 

Fine, no "cheating."  Used TDN:

image.thumb.png.15c008a2093ccc6739f841d1d028c2bc.png

PS, this draft is Magical Christmasland unlikely to happen.

• Like 1