Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

EaglesFan

This is random, but I’m thinking there’s a chance someone here can definitively answer.  Does anyone know if you can use a Switch Pro Controller with a second Switch console?  I’m assuming the answer is yes, but just can’t find anything definitive online (all I seem to get are hits on how to pair the pro controller with a Switch initially).  My son is going to a buddy’s house and wants to take a controller over there.  Again, I’m assuming this will work just fine, but do I have to do anything prior, like un-sync the controller on our console, and then he’d just have to sync it to his buddy’s console?

Thanks for any insight, Cheers!

14 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

This is random, but I’m thinking there’s a chance someone here can definitively answer.  Does anyone know if you can use a Switch Pro Controller with a second Switch console?  I’m assuming the answer is yes, but just can’t find anything definitive online (all I seem to get are hits on how to pair the pro controller with a Switch initially).  My son is going to a buddy’s house and wants to take a controller over there.  Again, I’m assuming this will work just fine, but do I have to do anything prior, like un-sync the controller on our console, and then he’d just have to sync it to his buddy’s console?

Thanks for any insight, Cheers!

All he has to do is connect his controller to his buddies switch with the USB-C then it will sync that way unplug it and play. 

When he comes back home with it he will have to connect with the USBc to get back in sync with his switch

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All he has to do is connect his controller to his buddies switch with the USB-C then it will sync that way unplug it and play. 

When he comes back home with it he will have to connect with the USBc to get back in sync with his switch

Nice, thanks for this.  I figured it was a simple thing, but it was weird that I couldn’t seem to find anything concrete when I searched, having never actually done it before.  Now to find the USB-C cable...

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Nice, thanks for this.  I figured it was a simple thing, but it was weird that I couldn’t seem to find anything concrete when I searched, having never actually done it before.  Now to find the USB-C cable...

Lol I lose mine all the time.. 

• Haha 1