Scenarios Leading to Pitts

matchew88

I'm not yet ready to give up on Pitts. I'm seeing some likely scenarios in which he could fall. I'll post what the team before could or will likely pick, and my reasoning. Other combos could also be possible.

1. Lawrence- obvious

2. Wilson- especially after Darnold trade, obvious

3. Lance / Fields / Jones- obvious

4. Sewell- New GM and coach, Falcons could learn their lesson in trying to build from the outside in. Perhaps we trade Ertz to them to sweeten the pot towards LT.

5. Chase- Cohabitation Theory of good relationships seems to be a thing. Burrows and Chase.

6. Waddle- They want weapons for TUA, and cohabitation could lead them to Waddle. Good relationship maximizes potential.

7. Lance / Fields / Jones-  At this point I think Goff is a bridge QB

8. Slater- I keep hearing Carolina's OL was bad

9. Parsons or Smith- Isn't Von Miller getting old? I could also see CB here.

10. Surtain- Seems like a Dallas pick to me and they already have Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup.

11. Parsons or Smith- They already have engram and don't really do 12 personnel.

What do you think?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

What do you think?

If the board falls this way, you run to the podium to draft Jaycee Horn.

23 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I disagree Mike.  They need to go BPA there, and Pitts>Horn.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I disagree Mike.  They need to go BPA there, and Pitts>Horn.

While I agree with that, do you see Pitts having the impact with the Eagles that Horn will ??

When you have a QB that is not going through multiple reads, I see Pitts as a luxury pick.  Horn can be a day 1 starter and help immediatley.

Plus, if we draft Pitts at 12, it negates the need to draft Bateman in the second.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

While I agree with that, do you see Pitts having the impact with the Eagles that Horn will ??

When you have a QB that is not going through multiple reads, I see Pitts as a luxury pick.  Horn can be a day 1 starter and help immediatley.

Plus, if we draft Pitts at 12, it negates the need to draft Bateman in the second.

I think Pitts could be your X, I see him as much more than a TE2.  I'm a little biased as I know his family and watched him play at AB Wood a couple times. lol  But I think he's a generational talent.  I love Horn too though, don't get me wrong.  I would not be upset with either guy, but if it was me picking I'd take Pitts and trade up a little in R2 or even back into end of R1 for a Newsome, Stokes, even Farley.

• Like 1

Here’s how I think the top 10 will shake out...

1) Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence;

2) Jets - Zach Wilson;

3) 49’ers - Mac Jones;

4) Broncos - Justin Fields (trade);

5) Bengals - JaMarr Chase;

6) Dolphins - Penei Sewell;

7) Lions - Jalen Waddle;

8 Panthers - Rashawn Slater;

9) Falcons - Kyle Pitts (trade);

10) Cowboys - Patrick Surtain;

11) Giants - Mycah Parsons

BPA at 12; Horn, Smith, Paye or Vera-Tucker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Here’s how I think the top 10 will shake out...

1) Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence;

2) Jets - Zach Wilson;

3) 49’ers - Mac Jones;

4) Broncos - Justin Fields (trade);

5) Bengals - JaMarr Chase;

6) Dolphins - Penei Sewell;

7) Lions - Jalen Waddle;

😎 Panthers - Rashawn Slater;

9) Falcons - Kyle Pitts (trade);

10) Cowboys - Patrick Surtain;

11) Giants - Mycah Parsons

BPA at 12; Horn, Smith, Paye or Vera-Tucker.

This is definitely plausible.  All I know is I want another Jalen, Jaelon or Jaylon on this team this year at some point during the draft.

IMO If you have to look for reasons for the board to fall a certain way, and it's more unrealistic than the idea of him being well gone, I think you have to come to the conclusion that it is not likely to happen lol.

Jags Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Jones
CAR Waddle
DEN  Horn
DAL Slater
NYG Smith

I think we're going to severely disappointed when the top 10 best prospects are gone... because there is a steep drop off.  

14 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

IMO If you have to look for reasons for the board to fall a certain way, and it's more unrealistic than the idea of him being well gone, I think you have to come to the conclusion that it is not likely to happen lol.

Jags Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Jones
CAR Waddle
DEN  Horn
DAL Slater
NYG Smith

I think we're going to severely disappointed when the top 10 best prospects are gone... because there is a steep drop off.  

Totally disagree!

Falcons want to trade back, Detroit lost both Jones and Golladay and need WR help in the worst possible way, Carolina has more than enough quality receivers and need OL help bad, Denver just traded for Fuller and needs a QB and Giants signed two WR in FA.

And even if your scenario plays out that way, I’d be more than happy with Surtain at #12.

• Like 1

It sounds like Jerruh wants Pitts. If true, he gets Pitts.

There are 3 teams that given the chance will likely take Pitts.   Atl, Mia, Dal.

He isnt making it to 12. 

9 minutes ago, What The F said:

There are 3 teams that given the chance will likely take Pitts.   Atl, Mia, Dal.

He isnt making it to 12. 

Only 3!? You have to include the bengals and even the giants too. Pitts is a stud..

18 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

Jags Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Jones
CAR Waddle
DEN  Horn
DAL Slater
NYG Smith

I think there will be 4 QBs gone before we pick. So we should get one of the guys you listed.

I hope the OTs get picked early too. Remember we get a first in addition to one of these guys.

I see Pitts to Atlanta at 4.  Unless they get an absolute haul to move back, they are committed to Ryan now for a few years and won't go QB.

16 hours ago, Infam said:

I think there will be 4 QBs gone before we pick. So we should get one of the guys you listed.

I hope the OTs get picked early too. Remember we get a first in addition to one of these guys.

I did have four QBs - Mac Jones to the Lions. Unless you feel Lance is also going here in the top ten?

Baker came from out of nowhere to #1. Was projected in the top twenty and then it was huge news that he was going first overall. So not out ruling Lance here, but... five in eleven picks seems high.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, downundermike said:

I disagree. Pitts is the better player and at this point the Eagles can't afford to pass on the better player regardless of position. If Pitts is there then go get him and don't over think it. Just my opinion. 

I think if Pitts is on the board when Dallas pick they may go Pitts. And that would suck. 

As for Pitts value, 12 personnel would be a downright terror.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, matchew88 said:

I'm not yet ready to give up on Pitts. I'm seeing some likely scenarios in which he could fall. I'll post what the team before could or will likely pick, and my reasoning. Other combos could also be possible.

1. Lawrence- obvious

2. Wilson- especially after Darnold trade, obvious

3. Lance / Fields / Jones- obvious

4. Sewell- New GM and coach, Falcons could learn their lesson in trying to build from the outside in. Perhaps we trade Ertz to them to sweeten the pot towards LT.

5. Chase- Cohabitation Theory of good relationships seems to be a thing. Burrows and Chase.

6. Waddle- They want weapons for TUA, and cohabitation could lead them to Waddle. Good relationship maximizes potential.

7. Lance / Fields / Jones-  At this point I think Goff is a bridge QB

8. Slater- I keep hearing Carolina's OL was bad

9. Parsons or Smith- Isn't Von Miller getting old? I could also see CB here.

10. Surtain- Seems like a Dallas pick to me and they already have Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup.

11. Parsons or Smith- They already have engram and don't really do 12 personnel.

What do you think?

Plus didn't they just sign Rudolph?

• Like 1

The only way we have a shot at Pitts (or Chase for that matter);

- Atlanta finds a dance partner in Denver, NE, Chicago or Washington. Otherwise they’ll likely take Pitts;

- Bengals do the smart thing and take Sewell;

- Detroit goes in another direction or we find a way to trade up with either them or Carolina because Dolphins won’t pass up on Pitts or Chase.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

The only way we have a shot at Pitts (or Chase for that matter);

- Atlanta finds a dance partner in Denver, NE, Chicago or Washington. Otherwise they’ll likely take Pitts;

- Bengals do the smart thing and take Sewell;

- Detroit goes in another direction or we find a way to trade up with either them or Carolina because Dolphins won’t pass up on Pitts or Chase.

There's a chance but it's a small one. A very small one. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There's a chance but it's a small one. A very small one. 

Exactly!

If they do trade up 3 to 4 spots, it’ll likely be for Horn and to piss Jerry Jones off.

15 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly!

If they do trade up 3 to 4 spots, it’ll likely be for Horn and to piss Jerry Jones off.

Quite possibly my friend. I'm not a massive fan of that move if I'm honest but they do have 11 draft picks this year and I can't see them picking 11 players. 

• Like 1

First mock simulator I’ve done since the trade back. I would love it, but don’t expect it:

776CAC2A-7DAE-451E-A5FA-C028176F46C3.jpeg

Dolphins looking to trade back. The guy they want, they think he'll be available. Not sure what to make of it.

Also, if Atl is smart, they'll take Slater or Sewell. We could also trade them Ertz for nothing.