My April mock - no trades

Rob331

I know, Trader Howie is bound to move around the board, but who can really predict it. Many of our media say he won't make 11 picks, but I disagree completely. WE have so many needs that I believe if he trades it will be "down" and getting more picks. 

Using the Eagles needs and a composite rating of CBS, Tony Pauline, drafttek, and Walters here is what I've come up with. 

1-12 CB Patrick Surtain, Alabama. Replaces the ghost we had playing corner opposite Slay. (upgrade)

2-37 WR Terrance Marshall, LSU. I was worried about his speed until he ran the same as Chase at the pro day. It was 4.38 so figure 4.45 and at 6'3" that's good enough for me. (upgrade over Jeffrey)

3-70 C/G Quinn Meinerz, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Kelce's eventual replacement 

3-84 DE Patrick Jones, Pittsburg. Curry's replacement. He and Sweat are the rotational duo, but it'll probably be a couple of years before he matches Vinnie's production. 

4-123 Andre Cisco, Syracuse. Mills replacement (upgrade over Mills)

5-156 DT Osa Odizhizuwa, UCLA. Speed on the inside for the passing downs. Probably better than Ridgeway or Raekwon Williams and definitely an upgrade over TY McGill. (Note: Chip Kelly's contribution to the 2021 Eagles)

6-222 WR Anthony Schwartz, Auburn. At 4.30 he adds even more speed on the outside. He's no Desean Jackson but our hopes are Jalen Reagor fills that role. 

6-223 CB Rodarius Williams, Oklahoma State. At 6'0" 4.48 he's a H-W-S pick. Can't be worse than Cre'von LeBlanc. The only guy who I feel might be gone at the slot I've picked him at. 

7-232 P Drue Crisman, Ohio State. don't want to risk losing him in the bidding for UDFA's. Replaces Cameron Johnson. 

7-251 QB Sam Ehlinger, Texas. I was leaning towards KJ Costello, but Ehlinger moves better. Replaces Sudfeld. 

I might have one more coming when Ourlad's Guide finally gets delivered, but for the time being I would be thrilled if this was the result later this month. 

Here's what the positions we addressed look like. 

Corners - Slay, Surtain (1), Williams (6), Maddox, Lavert Hill, and my favorite Elijah Riley (6'1" 4.48 from Army)

Wide outs - Reagor, Marshall (2), Watkins, Hightower, Watkins, Schwartz (6) with Ward the odd man out and Fulgham fighting JJAW for the final spot. 

OL - Johnson, Brooks, Kelce, Seumalo, Dillard, Mailata, Driscoll, Herbig, Meinerz (3), and Pierschbacher

DE - BG, Barnett, Sweat, Jones(3), Ostman

S - McLeod, Adams (FA), Cisco (4), Wallace

DT - Cox, Hargrave, Odizhizuwa (5), Ridgeway, Williams

P - Crisman (7)

QB - Hurts, Flacco, Ehlinger (7)

Well balanced. I don't know what the hang up is, but I would take the TE from Penn State in the second. Then the wr from Florida State in the sixth.

I like this draft a lot - quality players to fill the holes. I just have this recurring nightmare of Surtain unable to keep up with a speedy WR in a championship game. On the otherhand, I haven’t seen all his tape.