Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire teaser trailer jump to page 3

NOTW

42 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They should've done that years ago.

A movie now could start with a new team established and have cameos of the older cast. 

Yes, some cameos are ok. This whole redoing 80's movies with these old ass characters have all been terrible. Trying to use the same lines and what not. 

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes, some cameos are ok. This whole redoing 80's movies with these old ass characters have all been terrible. Trying to use the same lines and what not. 

Had they done it previously they could have set up a franchise that could evolve with the technology, go to other locations, have rotating team members to keep it fresh.  It's what Men in Black tried to do.  

Wasn’t the ghostbusters video game from 2010ish the original guys training the newbies?!?

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Wasn’t the ghostbusters video game from 2010ish the original guys training the newbies?!?

Basically yes, many consider the video game the real 3rd movie. It's really well done

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Basically yes, many consider the video game the real 3rd movie. It's really well done

i know i've purchased it in the past but never played.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:50 AM, eaglegenius said:

Dan believes in ghosts...

Oh, he's f'n cuckoo.  Really in to ghosts, aliens, conspiracies, etc.  Never knew he was so wacky until I heard him on Rogan.

On 4/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, paco said:

Oh, he's f'n cuckoo.  Really in to ghosts, aliens, conspiracies, etc.  Never knew he was so wacky until I heard him on Rogan.

Believe what you want, Senor Paco. Having lived in more than one haunted house, witnessing things that I could not rationalize away,
I have to agree with Dan on that count.

On 4/30/2021 at 2:38 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Bill murray approves... That's all that matters

Too be fair he made a second Garfield

But I will watch this and I’m not complaining they made it

• Like 2

Bill Murray is overrated.

I said what I said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Bill Murray is overrated.

I said what I said.

As a person or an actor? Because as a person, him approving of the movie I'll still take over anyone else's opinion on here. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

As a person or an actor? Because as a person, him approving of the movie I'll still take over anyone else's opinion on here. 

An actor.  I know the Chive people worship him and he does good charity work, I'm sure he's a good person.

As one of the OG cast his stamp of approval on a new movie is certainly valid.  The rumors floating years ago were that they were going to make a 3rd movie with the OG cast and Venkman was now the Mayor and evil and hated the Ghostbusters, and Murray wanted that idea.  that's a terrible idea, so Bill Murray's opinion may not be right just because he was an actor in the first movies.  But certainly valid and a good sign if the OG cast approves.  But him not approving wouldn't necessarily make it a bad movie.  The trailer is the real strength of a movie if it looks good people will check it out.  This trailer at least looks like a good movie and Reitman's son is making it and respects the franchise.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

An actor.  I know the Chive people worship him and he does good charity work, I'm sure he's a good person.

As one of the OG cast his stamp of approval on a new movie is certainly valid.  The rumors floating years ago were that they were going to make a 3rd movie with the OG cast and Venkman was now the Mayor and evil and hated the Ghostbusters, and Murray wanted that idea.  that's a terrible idea, so Bill Murray's opinion may not be right just because he was an actor in the first movies.  But certainly valid and a good sign if the OG cast approves.  But him not approving wouldn't necessarily make it a bad movie.  The trailer is the real strength of a movie if it looks good people will check it out.  This trailer at least looks like a good movie and Reitman's son is making it and respects the franchise.

I don't usually like the characters he plays when he is the main character. Which is usually an arrogant ass. He has looked old and ugly as F since forever so not sure he gets those roles all the time lol

I heard of a couple.of different story lines for.the 3rd movie and the one you are talking about was one of them and I agree sounds stupid. Like I said to agent the video game they made where they all did the voice acting is considered the 3rd movie that is how well it is done with all returning characters training new ghostbusters. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't usually like the characters he plays when he is the main character. Which is usually an arrogant ass. He has looked old and ugly as F since forever so not sure he gets those roles all the time lol

I heard of a couple.of different story lines for.the 3rd movie and the one you are talking about was one of them and I agree sounds stupid. Like I said to agent the video game they made where they all did the voice acting is considered the 3rd movie that is how well it is done with all returning characters training new ghostbusters. 

Yeah even in Ghostbusters he's hitting on Dana and he's got craters in his face and bad hair.  He's not handsome LOL. He also has a veeeery dry humor and is sometimes totally boring.  He's had good movies and was OG SNL with good characters.  I just think some people way over hype him.  He was good in Ghostbusters for sure, the OG cast had good chemistry.

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

Yeah even in Ghostbusters he's hitting on Dana and he's got craters in his face and bad hair.  He's not handsome LOL. He also has a veeeery dry humor and is sometimes totally boring.  He's had good movies and was OG SNL with good characters.  I just think some people way over hype him.  He was good in Ghostbusters for sure, the OG cast had good chemistry.

Im usually a big fan of actors that act the same way in real life. Bill is one of those guys, sometimes. I will never forget when I saw the clip of him hopping over a bar and starts serving drinks with the freaking wu tang clan in a busy new york city club. Ever since then he has become a hero to me in real life lol. 

As far as acting yes ghostbusters his usual character fit very well with the others. My favorite movie of his would be " what about bob" my favorite supporting role movie would be ernie mccracken in " king pin" lol. 

Murray can be amazing, but he’s also had some real duds. The worship is odd to me. Plenty of comedic actors I like more, but does seem like a stand up guy in general

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:25 PM, NOTW said:

I hope our kids never see all these movies with Murray playing the sex symbol.  They might murder us in our sleep over it.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Reading really good reviews about it being an appropriate follow up to the original, funny, nostalgia, etc. Going to see it on Tuesday. 

Screenshot_20211120-205331_Flixster.jpg

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Reading really good reviews about it being an appropriate follow up to the original, funny, nostalgia, etc. Going to see it on Tuesday. 

Screenshot_20211120-205331_Flixster.jpg

I can't wait! Murray and Akroyd approved that's all the info I need....... Then again they were in the 2nd one 🤔 lol

I watched it last night and thought it was OK.  Some similarities to the original, just with Spengler's grandkids in the main roles. 

Saw it tonight, thought it was great. A couple minor issues with it, but it was fun, an appropriate follow up, faithful to the originals while a good modern update. 

Lots of easter eggs and references to other 80s movies too.

There is a mid-credit and post-credit scene. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This released on New Years Day here and I just finished watching it. This was a really enjoyable movie and a fantastic sequel in a number of ways. Mckenna Grace was great as Phoebe and really impressive in the role. 

Spoiler

The tribute to Harold Ramis was also extremely well done and it capped the movie off nicely.

• Like 1