MLB the Show 21

BirdsFanBill

Anyone playing?

I got it for free with xbox gamepass since xbox is superior.

Really loving it, haven't played the show since PS3 days, maybe 10 years ago. The Diamond Dynasty mode is really cool so far and playing all the moments and challenges. 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:27 AM, BirdsFanBill said:

Anyone playing?

I got it for free with xbox gamepass since xbox is superior.

Really loving it, haven't played the show since PS3 days, maybe 10 years ago. The Diamond Dynasty mode is really cool so far and playing all the moments and challenges. 

I haven't played in a long time. I'm not a big baseball fan but, did enjoy baseball games

I downloaded it off of Game Pass but haven't had a chance to play it.  Looking forward to it.  I just need to curb my addiction to Warzone long enough to try it out.

I've never played a Show game since they didn't really release them here. I downloaded it last night but haven't checked it out yet. 

Road to the Show is horrible this year, from the beginning sequence where they force you to play a game as a pitcher down to the progression. Thankfully they have already said they're going to fix the progression issue. Can't really accurately judge it til then

Ive been loving the diamond dynasty mode. All the challenges and moments are really fun, like having to hit a homerun as Babe Ruth off Gerrit Cole was great.

I'm absolutely awful at this game. 

What pitching/batting options do you guys choose? 

4 hours ago, Mat said:

When I played I just took the most basic controls. I still struck out about 20 times a game I could stop myself from swinging at everything. Especially from those sidearm sling effers

9 hours ago, Mat said:

Me too, that’s why it feels so good when I hit a no doubter. This game is tough but it’s really fun. I suck with righties against righties for some reason, and it’s hard for me to not swing at every pitch sometimes, I’m impatient. It’s got a long learning curve but worth it

Game won't even let me play diamond dynasty. A million server errors, then I finally get in and it won't let me do the "get 3 outs to win the game" challenge. Automatically says challenge failed and then another server error. Game needs a lot of work

• Sad 1

I've played like 50 hours of this game this weekend. Absolutely loving it. It is hard though, Ive changed my hitting view to strike zone high I think its called and that has helped. Some pitchers are just super tough especially ones who throw junk and are mostly breaking ball pitches.

12 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I've played like 50 hours of this game this weekend. Absolutely loving it. It is hard though, Ive changed my hitting view to strike zone high I think its called and that has helped. Some pitchers are just super tough especially ones who throw junk and are mostly breaking ball pitches.

The side arm **** always got me the most and knuckle ball pitchers lol

• Like 1

It took me a few hours to stop chasing garbage outside the strike zone and not be an hour behind on every fastball over 96 mph.  Now I spend my time cursing the home plate umpire and the programmer that clearly modelled him on Joe West.  I had a four pitch walk in extra innings where the commentators said each one was a bad call. 

Still a fun game.

• Like 1

So far the game is broken this year, I assume it's because of the cross-platform thing.  Jukebox is broken, base running is bad, fielding is an adventure at times, bad animations all around, going into online ranked you have to adjust settings any time you've closed and reopened the game - that's just off top top of my head...but the pitching and hitting are still pretty good.