Just another ''FINAL MOCK'' w/ no trades

T-1000

Round 1: No. 12 - Jayce Horn, CB South Carolina
Round 2: No. 37 - Asante Samuel, CB Florida State
Round 3: No. 70, and 84 - Kendrick Green, OL Illinois and Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR USC
Round 4: No. 123 - Patrick Jones, DE Pittsburgh
Round 5: No. 150 - Tyree Gillespie, S Missouri
Round 6: No. 189, 224, and 225 - Jermar Jefferson, RB Oregon State, Tommy Kraemer, OL Notre Dame, and Darius Stills, DT West Virginia
Round 7: No. 234, and 240 - KJ Costello, QB Mississippi State and Tony Poljan, TE Virginia

• Like 2

Hmm... That's 2 early picks on corners. I mean both very good players to be fair but still 2 picks on corners when we have so many gaps and issues on the roster?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm... That's 2 early picks on corners. I mean both very good players to be fair but still 2 picks on corners when we have so many gaps and issues on the roster?

Thanks for the feedback. Right now they have Slay and nobody else who is a starting caliber outside corner. Slay is also 30 years old. The division is now loaded at WR with the Dallas trio, McLaurin and Samuel in Washington, and Gollladay in New York. I think an outside corner is by far and away the top need this team has and adding another after that is right up there with anything else. The value is also right with Surtain and Horn at 12, and Samuel and the two Georgia guys at 37.

I'm partial to OL Davis if he is available at pick 37, but drafting the best available player at any position should be the Eagles plan for the first 4 picks.  If CB are the best available at 12 and 37 they should do it.  It would be nice for our Defensive line to get another second or maybe two to get to the QB because we have good coverage down field.  I do think Horn is off the board at 12 but would be very happy if he is there.  I do like how you have covered a lot of position groups in this draft.

Wouldn’t mind this at all.. 2 cbs and a safety out of the first few rounds would be nice.. personally I would mind a draft like when we got Lito,Sheldon, Lewis back in 2002,2003 whatever it was.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 8:23 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

On 4/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, T-1000 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Right now they have Slay and nobody else who is a starting caliber outside corner. Slay is also 30 years old. The division is now loaded at WR with the Dallas trio, McLaurin and Samuel in Washington, and Gollladay in New York. I think an outside corner is by far and away the top need this team has and adding another after that is right up there with anything else. The value is also right with Surtain and Horn at 12, and Samuel and the two Georgia guys at 37.

13 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Wouldn’t mind this at all.. 2 cbs and a safety out of the first few rounds would be nice.. personally I would mind a draft like when we got Lito,Sheldon, Lewis back in 2002,2003 whatever it was.

I actually wouldn't mind it at all if that's how it plays out. I agree with you. We have an ageing Slay, who has been suffering with injuries and no other legitimate outside corner. In this scenario - Horn could start opposite Slay and Samuel Jr could push Maddox etc in the slot, whilst backing up the other 2. 

• Like 1

Overall, pretty good.  I'd like to see TE Zack Davidson in the 6th round and OT Tommy Doyle in the 7th but if that's all I have to complain about who cares.