Greg Newsome II (Northwestern CB) -- DRAFTED BY CLEVELAND #26

philafan4o8

I did a search and couldnt find a post of Greg Newsome surprisingly. I like Newsome. He has some dawg in him and that is what we need in Philly. The best part, he did not have up any passes this season of 20 yards or more! Pretty impressive given the fact that they did play Ohio State.

He 40 time at his proday was a lot fast than his play speed but I think when it comes to ball skills of the top CBs in this draft Newsome is at the top with Farley IMO. If the Eagles trade down, Newsome would be one of my top targets. His name gets lost when talking top CBs but dont get it confused, he deserves to be mentions with those other CBs.

Measurables

• Height: 6’0”
  • Weight: 192 lbs.
  • Arm length: 31 1/8”
  • Hand size: 8 7/8”

Athletic testing

• 40-yard dash: 4.37 sec.
  • Vertical jump: 40.0”
  • Broad jump: 123.0”
  • Bench press: 18 reps
  • 3-cone drill: 6.94 sec.
  • Short shuttle: 4.28 sec.

After the top 2 (Horn, Surtain), he is one of my favorite CB prospects.  I wouldn't take him at 12 but if we traded back to around 20 and picked up either a 2nd rd pick or (and in IMO preferably) a 2022 1st, that'd be a solid pick.  Would love if we went Horn/Surtain at 12 and he fell to 37 and we double dipped at CB but doubtful that happens.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

After the top 2 (Horn, Surtain), he is one of my favorite CB prospects.  I wouldn't take him at 12 but if we traded back to around 20 and picked up either a 2nd rd pick or (and in IMO preferably) a 2022 1st, that'd be a solid pick.  Would love if we went Horn/Surtain at 12 and he fell to 37 and we double dipped at CB but doubtful that happens.  

If I'm the Eagles I'm in discussions with the Bears about a potential trade down to 20 in the event that Surtain, Horn and potentially Smith are not there. Bears could look for a QB ahead of New England or one of the top OL prospects.

Eagles move down to 20 - get some more capital and select Farley or this guy.

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

I don’t know if Surtain and Horn will be there IMO. Everyone know the Cowboys need a corner so there may be some teams willing to jump in front of Dallas to grab one of them or Carolina is a sleeper team that may grab one. Also the Giants are willing to trade out of 11. Teams know the Eagles want a cb. I think it’s more likely 1 of the Bama WRs drop to the eagles than one of those two corners.

it is going to be very interesting on Thursday 

43 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I don’t know if Surtain and Horn will be there IMO. Everyone know the Cowboys need a corner so there may be some teams willing to jump in front of Dallas to grab one of them or Carolina is a sleeper team that may grab one. Also the Giants are willing to trade out of 11. Teams know the Eagles want a cb. I think it’s more likely 1 of the Bama WRs drop to the eagles than one of those two corners.

it is going to be very interesting on Thursday 

Could be ... there are quite a few "sources" linking Dallas to one of the CBs (specifically Surtain).  Then again, as in with all teams, do you trust anything that is being reported prior to the draft?  They could easily go OL too.  3 more days until we know.