Thursday Night Football on Amazon

toolg

Thursday Night Football will be exclusive to Amazon Prime starting 2022 season. After next season Thursday night games will no longer be on Fox/NFLN

I watched a couple NFL games on Amazon last season. I liked the format, it was great! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What if the local team is playing on Thursday night?  Does the local media market get to broadcast it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xzmattzx said:

What if the local team is playing on Thursday night?  Does the local media market get to broadcast it?

Not if it's during 60 minutes on its new night! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xzmattzx said:

Yes. 

That said, I likely won't watch unless the Eagles are on. I hate Thursday Night Football. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not if it's during 60 minutes on its new night! 

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes. 

That said, I likely won't watch unless the Eagles are on. I hate Thursday Night Football. 

Paging @Wallyhorse

18 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Yes. They said so in the PR write-up attached. See OP:

Thursday Night Football will be carried on free over-the-air television in the broadcast markets of the participating teams.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Same. I don't like Thursday football, besides the traditional Lions/rooting against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving games. And I don't mind the Super Bowl winner playing the opening  week game on Thursday night. 

The Amazon broadcast allowed you to choose between several different announcing teams. One was Fantasy Football focused. So if I got players on my team participating, I might tune in.

It’s crazy what you can buy when you don’t take care of employees and don’t pay taxes, huh?

• Like 1

Get ready for it, all NFL games will be on a subscription service -probably several subscription services- after the next broadcasting deal

Be sure to set aside a few hundred dollars a year just to watch your squad. And there will still be commercials.

• Like 1

Chances are they'll be available via Reddit, that's how I watch most Eagles games and it doesn't cost you one thin dime.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 12:44 AM, Fresh_Prince said:

Get ready for it, all NFL games will be on a subscription service -probably several subscription services- after the next broadcasting deal

Be sure to set aside a few hundred dollars a year just to watch your squad. And there will still be commercials.

You say this... But how many people are already paying for cable tv subscriptions, to watch free over-the-air channels?